Freedom still in port

clott

Did anybody noticed there is not a single light on, other than ''mid-bridge'' and a flicker on the deck on top ? Also ONE, just one in one window, deck #2 ( the other 3 lights are froma shoreside structure....).

Just wonderin'....

You're right....it is pretty dark for a cruise ship at night.

I'm hopeful about the scarcity of lights. The sides may be a mater of camera angle, but I'm pleased not to see any forward. They want to sail with the bow dark so the bridge staff's eyes can adjust to the darkness. I have my hopes up that departure will be soon.

Roy

I have a friend on the ship and about 4:30 pm she messaged me to say they would be delayed until about 6pm but it is clearly past that. I asked what the problem was and she said 'something with one of the thrusters' only reporting what she said to me.

I'm hopeful about the scarcity of lights. The sides may be a mater of camera angle, but I'm pleased not to see any forward. They want to sail with the bow dark so the bridge staff's eyes can adjust to the darkness. I have my hopes up that departure will be soon.

Roy

Never mind. I just had to refresh the camera. Apparently, I had been looking at the same view for quite some time. :o

AH ! trusters repairs.....Eurodam has the same problem in Everglades; she really rushed back from KeyWest yestarday and docked at 02;56 this a.m...and now scheduled to leave at 23;00hr ( instead of 17;00).

Portside bow trusters repairs ( obviously major enough to cause this type of time window to fix it ( ~~ 03;30 till ???? ).

It wouldn't hurt any guest on board to be simply told the facts, when they are known '' Ladies and gentlemen guests, as we are proceeding with some localised repairs to one of our bow trusters, in an abundance of prudent safety, we expect to sail away around 8 or 9;00pm. Sorry for that inconvenience and enjoy your ship as everything is fully functionnal''...( or something along those lines....).

Fundamental, no ? Vague or no announcement is worse as it only leads to irritation, worries, anguish, speculation....and a myriads of pesty question to every crew member within ear shot....

( now, I see on the webcam, lights have gone on...)

Better delay than repair at sea! Just get it fixed for next week. The delay won't bother me because I will still be on VACATION on a cruise ship and not at home in 0 degrees and feet of snow.

i have 5 wks to go.. hating this crazy weather

We're onboard. Were told at muster that there are divers performing thruster repairs, and captain would make an announcement at 5:30 with status. It's 7:30, no announcement. Doesn't impact us, we'd be getting ready for dinner if we were here or at sea, but communication would be appreciated. As of muster, we we're told that Coco Cay should not be impacted. We'll see if that remains the case.

We're onboard. Were told at muster that there are divers performing thruster repairs, and captain would make an announcement at 5:30 with status. It's 7:30, no announcement. Doesn't impact us, we'd be getting ready for dinner if we were here or at sea, but communication would be appreciated. As of muster, we we're told that Coco Cay should not be impacted. We'll see if that remains the case.

We hope you make Coco Cay 83 degrees with only 5 mph wind - more than perfect. the alternative is 5 sea days...