What would you do?

DREAMGIRL2012

Congrats you made it! I have had such fun checking in on your progress!! I am also in MA watching it snow & wishing I lived somewhere else! We were on the Breeze in Oct & enjoyed it & will be going again in May. Have a wonderful time & hopefully by the time you return the snow storms will be done!!

Congrats you made it! I have had such fun checking in on your progress!! I am also in MA watching it snow & wishing I lived somewhere else! We were on the Breeze in Oct & enjoyed it & will be going again in May. Have a wonderful time & hopefully by the time you return the snow storms will be done!!

You do live somewhere else "New Alaska"!!LOL I thought that was so funny!!

"We are flying home. I booked the tickets there with one carrier and the return tickets with a different carrier. I am a shopper and have found it less expensive to book one way at a time. The car is being shipped back for $500.00. It will be picked up on Monday and back home by Friday. The refunded tickets totaled $1400 for the four of us so we are still financially better off."

Hey maybe you just found a new way to go every time - lol

Great thread, thanks for sharing. Kept picturing having to dive all the way to San Diego (for me) and shuddered at the thought!

ENJOY!!!!

In our cabin and had our first DOD. It was good. We are heading up to Serenity and I am getting another DOD. We already met some people that were following my thread. Again, a big thank you to all of you that had such encouraging words. This cruise is very special after what we had to do to get here. I will post on my return. Cheers!

Christine

WOW!

If ever there was a thread that showed how

much some people love cruising this was it!

Enjoy.

Keep in touch with the airline... if you never arrive for the outbound half of your trip, the airline may cancel your return trip... I've had it happen!

Download the airline app, if there is one. Delta has one that we used in Ft. Lauderdale last month... tornado warnings in Atlanta grounded 5 flights out of FTL. The app showed updated departure times (and let us compare options). We shopped for everyone sitting near us as they considered flights that connected out of other cities.

Definately a good thread!

Reminds me of our RC thread back on the Fantasy 08/10 when my daughter went into labor early a few hours before we were due to leave for the drive to SC..complications...eventually a c-section..didn't think that baby was ever going to come!!..made it to SC just in the nick of time..posting hourly updates throughout the drama.. wasn't sure we were going to make the cruise.. oh, I feel her stress, let me go get a DOD.. Oh wait.. I'm not on a ship...:(

Currently at the Miami airport waiting for our flight home. We had a fantastic cruise! It was worth the 28 hour drive from he**. We had great weather and our excursions were awesome. We booked a boat in Aruba for snorkeling that included food and drinks. The charter company was great.

Time to think about the next cruise. I don't think I will book in February again. I am not looking forward to returning to the Arctic that we call home. I guess I need to get back to work to save for the next adventure.....

Currently at the Miami airport waiting for our flight home. We had a fantastic cruise! It was worth the 28 hour drive from he**. We had great weather and our excursions were awesome. We booked a boat in Aruba for snorkeling that included food and drinks. The charter company was great.

Time to think about the next cruise. I don't think I will book in February again. I am not looking forward to returning to the Arctic that we call home. I guess I need to get back to work to save for the next adventure.....

Thanks for coming back to this thread with an update. Are you going to do a review?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for coming back to this thread with an update. Are you going to do a review?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not sure about a review. I don!t think I will have time and don!t want to keep anyone hanging. I would be happy to answer any questions about the Breeze or our excursions. We did the Bayahibe Beach in La Romana and a private charter in Aruba.

Happy you made it home!! Seriously some of our best cruises had unexpected events that might make some people unhappy....but made for some hilarious memories for us!! YOU can join our club now!!!

Thank you for including me in the club. I certainly will never forget this trip.

• 9 months later...

We too are flying US Airways for our January cruise, thank god I add a two day cushion both there and home! They are are terrible about canceling flights! My daughter flew with them in October from Flint, MI to Nashville, she had a plane change in Chicago, out of the four legs there and back, they canceled one flight and changed two other! Really creates a nightmare when you are trying to get somewhere! Travel safely and enjoy your cruise!

We too are flying US Airways for our January cruise, thank god I add a two day cushion both there and home! They are are terrible about canceling flights! My daughter flew with them in October from Flint, MI to Nashville, she had a plane change in Chicago, out of the four legs there and back, they canceled one flight and changed two other! Really creates a nightmare when you are trying to get somewhere! Travel safely and enjoy your cruise!

I am sure the extra days will make a difference. I hope it goes smoothly. Have a great time!