Balcony on Gem

Mrsjones0202

My DH and I just upgraded to a balcony GTY from an inside. This is our first balcony and we are really excited. I was just wondering is there any perk beside the actual balcony- which I am still so happy about? Thanks for any help in advance.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The beauty of having a balcony.

You feel closer to the ocean and can sit outside with coffee or wine and cheese.

It's your own private place to chill out.

That's just my take on it.

I won't cruise without one.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

My DH and I just upgraded to a balcony GTY from an inside. This is our first balcony and we are really excited. I was just wondering is there any perk beside the actual balcony- which I am still so happy about? Thanks for any help in advance.

Slightly larger cabin--or so it seems to me. The balcony is very worth it. :)

Make sure you wear those robes on your balcony!!!

Just Kidding :)

I have cabin fever....,

Enjoy your balcony!!!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Hahaha! Us too. After this foot of snow we received - I'm very anxious for this cruise!

We like to leave the balcony door slightly ajar overnight, so we can go to sleep to the sound of waves breaking against the ship. Very soothing--so different from the usual NYC overnight traffic noise--and a constant happy reminder that we're on a SHIP!!!!:)

Haha! Thanks. We are so excited and hope we don't become too spoiled because this probably won't happen often.

Once you experience having a balcony...chances are you will figure out a way to get one on any future cruises..It's wonderful to have them for so many reasons! :)

Just got off the Gem today. Had Balcony room 10126 and I had no robes hanging in my closet. Oh well no complaints from the me. The balcony was a wonderful escape no matter what.

I was also in a balcony stateroom on the Gem last month. No robes in our closet. (But no complaints either; probably would have never used them. I was very comfortable.) I checked the NCL website to see how their accommodations are described. It only mentions bathrobes for suites and above, not for mini-suites, balcony and lower. Maybe this is a recent change?

I was also in a balcony stateroom on the Gem last month. No robes in our closet. (But no complaints either; probably would have never used them. I was very comfortable.) I checked the NCL website to see how their accommodations are described. It only mentions bathrobes for suites and above, not for mini-suites, balcony and lower. Maybe this is a recent change?

We were in a balcony cabin on the Gem a couple of years ago, and there were no robes.

I also believe the robes are only in suites and higher.

• 2 months later...
We had robes last June on the GEM, but we requested them online prior.

Another perk. Ring room service and eat out on your own private balcony.

You wont have to worry about sleeping in too late due to pitch blackness of an inside.

Where do you request robes? Is there a surcharge?