My time dining group of 25 or so?

swaco

I was curious what your thoughts are concerning avoiding the six or 9 PM appointments and showing up at my time dining say five groups of five or six groups of six people. I am specifically interested in assuming that you tonight if we show up about the same time say 7 o'clock that we went probably be accommodated within a few moments of showing up assuming the same time every night for the duration of the cruise we don't need to have tables of 10 or so smaller groups could rotate what are your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Based on the lines I saw on my last Oasis cruise, I would say that showing up with a group of that size - even if you are willing to split up into smaller tables - would not be a good idea. I would think that with advance reservations for a specified number of tables that it could be possible. It would take a bit of planning even then. Decide on who would be the primary "reserves" and then link the reservations to get the appropriate number of people at each table.

If your group won't be dining "en masse", then showing up with say, 4 people, won't be an issue with MTD.

If you want to dine together as a group, it would be best to do one of the traditional seatings....that way, EVERYONE knows what time dinner is, and your tables will be ready and waiting just for you.

Wow, this sounds like trying to round up a herd of cats.

Cats are easier - just need a plate of roast chicken in your hands and they will follow as a group - 25 people trying to do MTD without reservations, way harder.

We had a group of 16 for MTD on the Indy the first week of February. It was a real hassle. Our travel agent had it all sent up for us, 2 months before the cruise, at two separate tables next to each other. On the first night we went to check in and they told us they could not take us all at that time. We were not happy! After a lot of complaining, they ended up taking care of us for the rest of the week by putting us all at the same table.

Next time it will be traditional dining for our big group.

I was curious what your thoughts are concerning avoiding the six or 9 PM appointments and showing up at my time dining say five groups of five or six groups of six people. I am specifically interested in assuming that you tonight if we show up about the same time say 7 o'clock that we went probably be accommodated within a few moments of showing up assuming the same time every night for the duration of the cruise we don't need to have tables of 10 or so smaller groups could rotate what are your thoughts

no way would any variation of this work. even if one such group gets seated right away the chances of ALL groups being seated within 10-20 minutes of each other are about zilch.

Such a large group for MTD would be, IMO, a logistical nightmare......even if everyone were willing to break up into smaller tables. Just seating 25 people at one time would be difficult. A large group such as yours would be better served in traditional dining, either early or late, and an email to the dining room coordinator, or through your travel agent, could easily arrange it all.

We had a group of 16 for MTD on the Indy the first week of February. It was a real hassle. Our travel agent had it all sent up for us, 2 months before the cruise, at two separate tables next to each other. On the first night we went to check in and they told us they could not take us all at that time. We were not happy! After a lot of complaining, they ended up taking care of us for the rest of the week by putting us all at the same table.[quote

I am not sure how your travel agent would be able to set you up for MTD. MTD means exactly that, My Time Dining, ie you show up and they work you in where they can. A group of 16 showing up isn't likely to ever get sat at the same table. If they took care of you, by arranging a table for all of you, then you switched to regular dining. As they would not hold that big of a table for your group to show up whenever you chose to.

We had a group of 16 for MTD on the Indy the first week of February. It was a real hassle. Our travel agent had it all sent up for us, 2 months before the cruise, at two separate tables next to each other. On the first night we went to check in and they told us they could not take us all at that time. We were not happy! After a lot of complaining, they ended up taking care of us for the rest of the week by putting us all at the same table.[quote

I am not sure how your travel agent would be able to set you up for MTD. MTD means exactly that, My Time Dining, ie you show up and they work you in where they can. A group of 16 showing up isn't likely to ever get sat at the same table. If they took care of you, by arranging a table for all of you, then you switched to regular dining. As they would not hold that big of a table for your group to show up whenever you chose to.

Psssttt... I believe you can make specific reservations - even in advance - for MTD. So that's how the travel agent would do it. ;)

Edited by LetsGetWet!

I have attempted "My Time" with our group of 10-13 people (small compared to your group) each year for the last 5 years with some good results but mostly not. For example, they only have 1-2 tables that seat 10 and if those people don't leave on time then we ended up waiting 15-30 minutes or more past our "suggested" time.

Our group coordinator (through RC groups) last year noted that we all had "My Time" as requested. I was told that they (dining room) were aware of our group and would have tables ready this time around. We found out otherwise that although we had tables together we were not "My Time" as our reservations noted but early, according to our sea pass cards. We were told by the Maitre' D that groups (through RC) were automatically assigned to one set time and they could not accommodate us in 'My Time" even if we split up and came at different times as MT was full.

The solution that they came up with was to have us come at 6:45 to the main dining room. They assured us that this was no problem even though my understanding was that it would goof up the flow of things. Apparently the tables were going to be empty for the second sitting so it was not a problem for the wait staff.

The suggestions to contact the dining room coordinator is good advice.

Sheal

I honestly dont see this working well, unless you pre-break up into groups which means you might not sit anywhere near each other. You will only cause confusion and chaos if you try and break into different groups. We tried it once with just a group of 8 where some of us broke off for specialty restaurants and they still sat us at a table for 8 even with 4 of us gone. They really want you with the same people in the same section each night