A link for Glojo

Jim Avery

I hadn't heard anything so I asked Scrapnana who is doing a blog for the QE WC that he is on, so I asked her if she knew how he and wife were doing. She said she saw them and they are doing well.

I did read Kathi's reply to you and I also read her blog but I'd love to know if he has been able to go on any excursions. I hope it has been very successful for him so far.

I did read Kathi's reply to you and I also read her blog but I'd love to know if he has been able to go on any excursions. I hope it has been very successful for him so far.

I will ask when next I see them, if they are monitoring CC.

They were able to get an adapted taxi to see Pearl Harbor. Mrs. Glojo was on the tour of Nuku'alofa today. They met the Captain (and shook hands) at a World Club cocktail party last night.

I will ask when next I see them, if they are monitoring CC.

They were able to get an adapted taxi to see Pearl Harbor. Mrs. Glojo was on the tour of Nuku'alofa today. They met the Captain (and shook hands) at a World Club cocktail party last night.

Thanks for checking, Kathi. He posted so often on the roll call and now we have heard nothing. But, I can think of three others who said they would contribute frequently to your "Live" thread and there has been nothing from them so I assume everyone is happily having a busy and fun time.

I have found that it's generally too expensive to post blogs (with photos) while on the ship. I can just about manage a CC post but sometimes the internet won't connect with CC.

That means that on one cruise all my sea days became dominated by the need to find free or cheap internet connections. I realised it was spoiling my cruise! On my last cruise I therefore didn't post my blog - with photos - until the night I got home (though I did daily CC postings on my own thread).

I have found that it's generally too expensive to post blogs (with photos) while on the ship. I can just about manage a CC post but sometimes the internet won't connect with CC....

I've run into connectivity problems as well but I find it much more convenient to compose updates offline and then copy/paste after I'm connected. For the same reason I rarely include photos. There's the need to first upload them to a hosting site first and then link to them here. It usually takes too much time with the abysmal internet speeds. And frankly, there are more enjoyable ways to spend time on QM2 then write a blog.

I can't imagine anything worse than worrying about posting a blog when the internet is bad. Trouble us, us voyeurs love 'em.

Glojo should now be up to at least WC gold level and be getting his free hours of internet usage, maybe someone should tell him :D

Only on his next trip. You don't get the perks "mid stream".

I think the exception is on world cruise voyage segments. I think that the segment after he gets Gold, he should be able to get benefits. I am sure someone will correct me if this is incorrect, but I believe I read it on another thread previously.

Yes, I went from silver to gold starting in San Francisco and received two hours of free wi-fi.

I spoke with Glojo day before yesterday and he said he was not monitoring CC.

I am going to give him the link from John Avery when I see him.

I think the exception is on world cruise voyage segments. I think that the segment after he gets Gold, he should be able to get benefits. I am sure someone will correct me if this is incorrect, but I believe I read it on another thread previously.

Really? I wonder how they define segments then. If so, I might go to Gold while onboard too.

Very happy to be wrong. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I disembarked the QE four days ago. Saw Glojo quite a lot during my 39 days on board. Both he and his wife are thoroughly enjoying their trip. He had a problem with the wheels on his wheelchair which confined him to the cabin for a few days but has now been fixed. I think it was his brother that picked him up in New Zealand and I bumped in to them at Rotorua. I so hope they enjoyed the second half of the world cruise.

• 3 months later...

And still no word from Glojo.

I'd like to know how he is now after what must have been a trip of a lifetime.

Well it would have been for me anyway.

Also where has Whitemarsh gone. From multiple posts and pictures to glitch.

David.

David.

Hi Baff, I spent some time with Glo Jo and his wife when I did the FLL to SYD sector on the world cruise. I have his home email so will send him an email and will update you when I get a reply. Hope this helps.

Hi Baff, I spent some time with Glo Jo and his wife when I did the FLL to SYD sector on the world cruise. I have his home email so will send him an email and will update you when I get a reply. Hope this helps.

Yes thanks, I enjoyed "talking to him"

David.

David.

Yes I was wondering about Whitemarsh and Glojo too. I guess people come and go....but it has been a while now hasn't it?

I think Glojo disappeared the moment he embarked on the ship. Guess he got all he needed by then.

I think it's always nice to come back and share experiences and spread the knowledge. Pass it on for others. Thoughts?

I think Glojo disappeared the moment he embarked on the ship. Guess he got all he needed by then.

I think it's always nice to come back and share experiences and spread the knowledge. Pass it on for others. Thoughts?

Hi Baf et all

I have had a reply from GloJo to my email. He had an absolutely wonderful time and it was far more than he expected. He has sent me some great photos as well. I am going to go back to him now and ask him to post on here as so many of you want to know how he is doing.