Oh no, panty hose?

Hockeylovinmom

There is no "law" that says nude pantyhose can't be worn. But it is a fact, that wearing them is not in fashion right now. That doesn't mean you can't wear them if you want to. You can and should do whatever makes you feel good.:D

Perhaps one reason people hate pantyhose is that they don't fit well. I have found the size chats on the packages are really off and seem to be intended for people who are very skinny through the hips and thighs. Buying the size indicated on the package results for many women in a crotch that does not stay in place or a waist band and that is too tight or that rolls down. Whether traditional hose to tights, I buy at least a size up from the chart suggestion (I do the same thing with Spanx) and get a much more comfortable fit. Since I carry much of my weight in my hips and thighs, I find the smallest queen size (when I can find it) to be a good fit

even though I am a size 12-14 pants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It isn't that the fit is off, for me it is having something tight on my legs that is uncomfortable. I have never been comfortable in tights or hose, my legs itch and all I could think of while wearing them was to get home to take them off. Not how I want to spend my time anymore. I won't wear Spanx either. I will just look for clothing options that don't need them.

I'm curious if anyone her wears rights with a skirt and boots. Same comfort level, in my opinion and very in fashion now!

I agree it's all about what you're comfortable with. Dutchess Kate wears panty hose when the occasion calls for it and so should you if they make you feel more comfortable about your legs!

Self tanner does wonders, as does the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. Makes your legs look perfect! I recommend the medium tone - the light is orangey to me. SERIOUSLY - a bit waterproof, you don't worry about a little sweat or a little rain!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Forums mobile app

I wear tights with a skirt and riding boots or ballet flats in the winter. Classic style and tres chic!

Up until a year ago, I worked in an environment where all the women wore business suits--with pantyhose. I don't think a suit looks finished or professional without pantyhose.

When I buy pantyhose that fit properly, I don't find them uncomfortable at all.

With a knee length dress, I still prefer the look of pantyhose to bare legs.

I also wear tights with boots or flats in the winter. If it's really cold, then I switch to leggings with boots. I have rarely worn panty hose, but that is more from habit than a dislike. Back in the day (1980's) every girl in school wore hose with dresses or skirts. At 5'11", there were not any at the drugstore that went up to my height. And, there was no way my parents would allow me to wear thigh highs. :eek: So, I went bare legged when that was totally not in fashion. I know that panty hose are available for my height now, but I am just not in the habit of wearing them.

All that being said, I don't even noticed if a woman is wearing hose or not...I notice the dress. So, if you feel more confident in hose, then wear them.

Lisa

I'm thinking most guys anywhere close to my age (60+).. would think a cocktail dress with nylons (not pantyhose) is certainly not out of style.

I suspect the same folks who don't feel the need to remotely participate in formal night are the same folks declaring that pantyhose are out of style.

I'm thinking most guys anywhere close to my age (60+).. would think a cocktail dress with nylons (not pantyhose) is certainly not out of style.

I suspect the same folks who don't feel the need to remotely participate in formal night are the same folks declaring that pantyhose are out of style.

Oh my, -- a return to the garter belt? (-;

Now that's an interesting idea, and a little bit naughty! LOL!

Disagree. I always dress to the dress code. ALWAYS. I also don't wear pantyhose/nylons/thigh highs/whatever, with the exception of tights in the winter.

Oh my, -- a return to the garter belt? (-;

Now that's an interesting idea, and a little bit naughty! LOL!

so ladies wearing hose prior to 1960 were naughty?

it was simply my opinion.. some ladies (and that's a stretch) seem to think pink hair, nose rings, and works boot are fine. whatever floats your boat but don't use the excuse that everyone does or doesn't to float it.

Disagree. I always dress to the dress code. ALWAYS. I also don't wear pantyhose/nylons/thigh highs/whatever, with the exception of tights in the winter.

you can dress to whatever code your heart desires.. but if you are wearing bare legs with dresses on formal evening you are not finishing the product. but if you're comfortable wearing comfortable shoes and bare legs go for it.

you can dress to whatever code your heart desires.. but if you are wearing bare legs with dresses on formal evening you are not finishing the product. but if you're comfortable wearing comfortable shoes and bare legs go for it.

Your opinion. Frankly I look at what fashion magazines, network television, even company dress codes are saying, and it's both acceptable, fashionable, and preferred to go without hose these days.

If I'm wearing a gown, unless you've got a camera attached to your shoe and are invading my personal space, how would you know if I'm wearing hose anyhow?

Many of the recent fashion runways showed sheer "tights" being worn. Not so much nude, but black. Search Harpers Bazaar. I believe we will see a return to pantyhose sometime soon. It's been making a comeback for a few seasons now. It's fashion, and it always comes back around.

I plan on wearing some black hose on my upcoming cruise. They will not be super sheer but not tights either. It's appropriate for the dress and shoes I'll be wearing.

the bigger question is why would anyone want to..

confused_baby.jpg

The even bigger question is, is it any of your concern WHY someone would want to wear hose or not? It's not like you will have wear hose if someone else does.

Early 30something and I'm in pantyhose fall and spring when it's too warm for tights yet to cool for the bare legs. AND I own a garter belt and stockings and wear them.

As for the leg make up, equal parts dermablend and baby lotion is my go to for summer bare legs. I need something to even out all the battle scars I've accumulated.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2

Edited by pezhead

Early 30something and I'm in pantyhose fall and spring when it's too warm for tights yet to cool for the bare legs. AND I own a garter belt and stockings and wear them.

As for the leg make up, equal parts dermablend and baby lotion is my go to for summer bare legs. I need something to even out all the battle scars I've accumulated.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2

Same here. 34 and 115 lbs. I like to wear hosiery if it goes with the outfit. Dresses and skirts yes, esp patterned tights. Shorts or bathin suit during the day? No of course not.

I hate Spanx. Did more harm than good for me. Control top too. Doesn't work if you have muffin top. Thigh highs work for me,but not enough choices in far as styles.

For me it very much depends on the shoes I am wearing and/or how warm it is.

I always wear long dresses/skirts or trousers. if it's warm I wear dressy sandals without pantihose. If I am wearing court shoes I wear pantihose with skirts or kneehi stockings with trousers. Usually sheer black.

I believe we can all agree that Princess Kate is lovely, right? Found this article very interesting.

Robin

kate-middleton-shoes-4-ctr.jpg

http://parade.condenast.com/14490/susankelley/why-do-kates-legs-look-so-good/

If it's good enough for a Princess :)

Hose is a basic undergarment that May or may not be needed depending on the outfit, shoes and overall look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's good enough for a Princess :)

Hose is a basic undergarment that May or may not be needed depending on the outfit, shoes and overall look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she looks just fine in the photo of her with bare legs. In fact I can't really tell the difference. I've read that she prefers bare legs, but the Palace sees differently, and she "picks her battles."

Same here. 34 and 115 lbs. I like to wear hosiery if it goes with the outfit. Dresses and skirts yes, esp patterned tights. Shorts or bathin suit during the day? No of course not.

I hate Spanx. Did more harm than good for me. Control top too. Doesn't work if you have muffin top. Thigh highs work for me,but not enough choices in far as styles.

Control top/Spanx doesn't work for me either; they just seem to push everything up and out and I actually look worse. Plus, I hate the constricted feel. If a garment needs that kind of smoothing, I just don't buy it.

I think she looks just fine in the photo of her with bare legs. In fact I can't really tell the difference. I've read that she prefers bare legs, but the Palace sees differently, and she "picks her battles."

I agree that she has lovely legs that look good covered or not. I guess my point is (since I didn't seem to actually post what I was thinking when I posted that link, sheesh, brain cloud) I don't think hose are necessarily out of style.

I also don't think anyone *has* to wear them. I gave up that battle with my daughter and daughter-in-law. I wear them if my dress is shorter because no one should have to see my legs bare! But I also don't wear them any more when I have on longer skirts/dresses.

I think you should wear what you like and especially makes you feel confident. Hose or no hose, I won't be judging you.

Robin

I wear tights with a skirt and riding boots or ballet flats in the winter. Classic style and tres chic!

Yes - LOVE this look! (Especially with Tights, not Rights! My fingers are always faster than my brain! Glad you knew what I meant!)

I agree that she has lovely legs that look good covered or not. I guess my point is (since I didn't seem to actually post what I was thinking when I posted that link, sheesh, brain cloud) I don't think hose are necessarily out of style.

I also don't think anyone *has* to wear them. I gave up that battle with my daughter and daughter-in-law. I wear them if my dress is shorter because no one should have to see my legs bare! But I also don't wear them any more when I have on longer skirts/dresses.

I think you should wear what you like and especially makes you feel confident. Hose or no hose, I won't be judging you.

Robin

This totally! I like to be fashionable but you have to do what's comfortable for you! My one coworker sports the "worst" 80's hairstyle and penciled-in brows (which would be fine but they don't match her coloring at all!) but I always think, "You know, she's comfortable that way and good for her." Am I noticing? Obviously I am. But there are far too many things to worry about for my own self than worry about her, LOL!

Also - let's not get started on muffin top. Unless a shaper went from knees to neck it would somehow manage to push everything into an even worse place than is started... :)