Beverage package or $200 SBC

elliekate

Trying to decide which is best......the beverage package or $200 SBC that is being offered on the 1, 2, 3 promotion! Any suggestions? We do like a few drinks including wine, beer or mixed drinks. Very few soft drinks. When we were on Summit a year ago, we could take two bottles of wine per cabin onboard as well as soft drinks and bottled water. Is that still possible?

I know you can take t bottles of wine per cabin but don't know about the soft drinks. Deciding which benefit to take depends on amount you drink and what you like to drink. If you will be drinking drinks over the $8 limit then they would not be included. If you have an idea what your bar tab was from your Summit cruise then you'd be able to decide.

For a 7 day cruise, I know my husband I will spend a good deal on bottled water (never drink the stuff on the boat), soda, the occassional specialty coffe, and a cocktail or beer here or there. I know for sure this would be more than $200 between the two of us. The bev package is "worth" $308 on a 7 day cruise. I say "worth" because that's what they charge but in all probability the cost to Celebrity is much lower. I know I could easily drink $100 in bottled water over 7 days with what they charge, so the bev package is ideal for my husband and I.

Consider not only beer, wine & alcohol but also speciality coffees/teas, bottled water, fresh squeezed juice and sodas. you did not say how long your cruise is but $200 for a 7 night cruise works out to $28.57 a day for the 2 of you.

If you would spend that or more on soda, water, coffee, juice and drinks then the beverage package is the better option.

Heck if you each had 1 coffee ($4.50 each) 1 soda ($ 2.50 each) and 1 glass of wine ($8.00 each) your bill is $15 each plus the15% tip for a total of $17.25 x 2 =$34.50.

I look at having the drink pkg as enhancing our vacation experience compared to saving $200 Gonna miss the 123 offers if they stop offering them

Greetings

Well the 1-2-3 officially expires at the end of the month. Will Celebrity offer it again? There has been no word so far. It may be a case of you snooze you lose if you wait beyond Friday.

Good Sailing

Tom

Trying to decide which is best......the beverage package or $200 SBC that is being offered on the 1, 2, 3 promotion! Any suggestions? We do like a few drinks including wine, beer or mixed drinks. Very few soft drinks. When we were on Summit a year ago, we could take two bottles of wine per cabin onboard as well as soft drinks and bottled water. Is that still possible?

we took the OBC. we do not do fancy coffees, bottled water or even soda and we only have a glass or two with dinner. this is also our first Celebrity cruise so we'd rather have a little more control. if we decide to go back I'll probably grab the drinks package just to see what we would drink in a normal day then compare it to buying a la carte for future trips

For a 7 day cruise, I know my husband I will spend a good deal on bottled water (never drink the stuff on the boat), soda, the occassional specialty coffe, and a cocktail or beer here or there. I know for sure this would be more than $200 between the two of us. The bev package is "worth" $308 on a 7 day cruise. I say "worth" because that's what they charge but in all probability the cost to Celebrity is much lower. I know I could easily drink $100 in bottled water over 7 days with what they charge, so the bev package is ideal for my husband and I.

On a 7 day cruise the bev pack for 2 would be $49 x 7 = $343 x 2 = $686 x 1.15 % = $788.90

It is definitely worth it because it covers coffees, soda, water, NA drinks, smoothies and etc. I wouldn't pay for it but I would take it over $200 SBC just because of the value.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

we took the OBC. we do not do fancy coffees, bottled water or even soda and we only have a glass or two with dinner.

In my previous cruises, I bought maybe 3 drinks during the week. Based on that, I almost decided to take the OBC. But then I thought when I go to an all inclusive resort, I do have 2-3 drinks a day. So it's really the "freedom" of not having to think about your wallet that would make the trip more enjoyable, so we went for the drinks package.

You don't have to have 10 drinks to make the package "worth it". If you use the OBC for drinks, $200/2 = $100 per person, which is $15 a day. One glass of wine and one coffee/tea is almost that price already.

Edited by toras

We don't drink much of anything besides water, and coffee. Being Elite, we get more than enough alcohol for free. On our last transatlantic we took the $300 obc instead of the drink passage and it all went towards things we would have paid for. Because of the $300 obc, $402 of the $500 obc from our travel agent went home with us.