Just off Carnaval Imagination

Sewkitty

Just a "heads up". If you use a hairdryer, bring your own. You need to ask your room steward for a blow dryer as they are shared between cabins!!!!!

Also My Time Dining is like NCL's. Two hours for a meal to be served in the dining room!!

I didn't even notice if there was a hairdryer when we were on the Imagination in February, but I do recall having one on other cruises and thinking the same thing... that little cord isn't going to work out. ;-) So, I bought one for travel and that's the one I use.

I'm interested in the Any Time Dining comment since we have booked that for the first time on our cruise in November. A meal in the MDR typically takes 1.5-2 hours, I've found, but the comment makes it sound like this is unusual? Maybe we're just slow eaters.

My only worry about ATD is making sure our whole group meets up at the same time. That was always the best thing about eating our meals in the main dining room each night.

Vicki

How was the wait for ATD? We were on the first cruise out of Long Beach and the line was out to the elevators, once it wrapped around to the library!!

Once we sat down we had no problems.

Edited by SadieN

Just a "heads up". If you use a hairdryer, bring your own. You need to ask your room steward for a blow dryer as they are shared between cabins!!!!!

Also My Time Dining is like NCL's. Two hours for a meal to be served in the dining room!!

Sorry you did not realize they do not have hair dryers on this ship.

Personally I always use my own because even the ships that have them in the drawer....I find them to be a pain.

The dining time will vary depending on when you go. IF you go at a peak period, common sense will dictate that the wait time will be longer.

2 hours is to long for me...I would rather eat on Lido.

Fantasy Class ships do not have hair dryers in the cabins except in suites. But it is no great loss as the hair dryers are very underpowered and you have to hold the button to operate.

I'm not a big fan of the hair dryers either...but I normally use what's in the ship because I overpack my suitcase with everything else!! I really need to get a handle on that!! HA!

I'm not a big fan of the hair dryers either...but I normally use what's in the ship because I overpack my suitcase with everything else!! I really need to get a handle on that!! HA!

I always pack my own hair dryer because my hair is thick and no hotel or cruise ship dryer is up to the task...but I also overpack...thus I know how my hairdryer weighes and it's the go to item to redistribute when luggage is overweight. LOL Except in Guatemala, I went to take out my dryer and put it in my carry-on bag and was told I could not take it through security. :confused: What? A hair dryer is a security risk? Um ok...let's move some other items.

I dont think the OP meant 2 hours waiting for a table. the OP said 2 hours to be served. I still find that hard to believe. They sat down they ordered their meals and then for 2 hours they got nothing?

if they did mean waiting for a table, it would be the longest I have ever heard anyone wait in all these threads. so you get there at 6:30 and they dont seat you until 8:30? every night or one night?

I dont believe it took 2 hours to get a meal. Maybe it took 2 hours for the entire dinner. that is more reasonable.

if you wait more than 30 minutes to get food, I would have complained. Not sure if you did but 2 hours is unreasonable and frankly a bit unbelievable.

Edited by hftmrock

We arrived at 6 PM and we were seated immediately. Another time we arrived at 7:30 PM and again seated immediately. Our orders were taken in a timely manor but the courses were spaced out over two hours both times. We left before ordering dessert because we did not want to be in the dining room another half hour.

As for the hair dryer, had I been aware I would have to ask for the hair dryer every morning, I would have brought my own travel hairdryer.

That's a long time. Why didn't you say something? I would have. We were waiting a long time one night, when I saw our waiter go to the maître d and say something. I watched him whip out his cell and went to a computer. I realized there was an issue at that point. Our meals were out soon after. But if it happened every night I would have complained.

I've heard the Sensation doesn't have them either. On a side note, the dryers are always awesome at Hyatt and Intercontinental hotels.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

Several have asked about the food on the Imagination. We took a 4 night cruise. The food on this cruise in no way compared to longer Carnival cruises. I am convinced that the 3 or 4 night cruises have a different menu than what is served on the longer cruises. The food was OK and the Lido buffet was OK. Nothing special. On our longer cruises with Carnival, the food compared to NCL and just below RCL. We have been on many cruises so we know when the food is just OK. Hubby and I just make the best and enjoy the rest and relaxation. The best part is that someone else is doing the cooking. :D

BTW, our first Carnival cruise was on the Mardi Gras!!!! No electricity in the rooms!!!!

It's so strange to me.....a 2 hour meal used to be the standard and what one would expect when dining on a cruise ship. Now, a good portion of people complain about it.

I am not one of them.

Edited by halos

I have always made do with the ones on the ships. Most of them require that you hold a button down to make the work. I usually take a large rubber band or hair tie to put over it to keep the button down. The hair dryers that they have in the gym/spa locker rooms are usually better. I like to shower there anyway because the showers are usually bigger and nicer (maybe not on all ships).

It's so strange to me.....a 2 hour meal used to be the standard and what one would expect when dining on a cruise ship. Now, a good portion of people complain about it.

I am not one of them.

Halos, I'm with you! I just don't get this. When we go out to dinner with our friends, we always take around two hours as we consider it a social time and relax and enjoy our meal. We have never felt they take too long to serve us on the ships but then, we are never in a hurry!!

Pat