Is concierge class on the reflection really worth it

Beachmartini55

We did on the Equinox for our next cruise but mainly for the location and more importantly the foot stools :) I spend a lot of time on the balcony.

Actually thinking back we have never sailed in anything lower than CC on Celebrity. Mainly because of location but also price was very little difference. On the M class it made a difference, not so much on S class.

enjoy

Many chase points so the CC cabin will provide a few extra points. The "extras" , in my opinion, are not that significant, but as previously noted, a few might be very important to some folks. It also depends on the price and your budget.

Enjoy

M

We just did a b2b on Connie and had the first leg in CC and the second in standard veranda. The CC room was about 2 feet longer than the standard room. This gave a larger dressing table and a longer couch. It also gave a little more moving around room. Bathroom was identical between rooms. Veranda was the same size on both. The flowers were not a big deal to us nor was the fresh fruit and afternoon savories. We could leave all of those and not miss them. The CC room had the same bathroom supplies as the standard veranda room except that the CC room had a bottle of body wash. You get a better pen in the CC room. It is metal vs plastic in the standard. The bath robes are plush robes in the CC room vs. the standard ones in the standard room. Larger bath towels are provided in the CC class and that was nice. We received a nicer tote bag in the CC cabin than we did in the standard room. We did not make use of the pillow menu in CC. The Room Service menu in the CC room had more options on it but we kept one and used it in the standard room on the next cruise with no issues and got the items that were missing from the standard room menu. You can read this and determine if CC is right for you. We booked a CC room for our next cruise while on board. This gave us a $250.00 OBC vs a $150.00 for booking a standard veranda room

In October we were on the Reflection in CC only because we got a ridiculous deal on CC so we took it. We had never gone w CC before. I really enjoyed the plush robes, fluffy towels, foot stools on the veranda & especially the fruit . But would I pay what the usual asking price is for CC class? No. We were fortunate to have an amazing team for cabin attendants in Michelle & Leto. Because of this team our experience was great!

But we are happy with our regular veranda rooms now & occasionally even oceanview.

Many chase points so the CC cabin will provide a few extra points. The "extras" , in my opinion, are not that significant, but as previously noted, a few might be very important to some folks. It also depends on the price and your budget.

Enjoy

M

+1 CC really doesn't provide much except 5 points a day

I think CC is worth it on M class for the extra room, but not on S class unless you are chasing points. It took me a long time to come to that realization but now we just book standard verandas. Or in the case of our upcoming TA, an inside!! We'll see how that works out. We never spend much time in our cabin anyway and the price was too good to pass up, $599 for 15 days on Silhouette.

Back in my old cruising days, starting in 1982 before they even HAD balconies, we always cruised in an inside. And those cabins were TINY!!!

We've done CC a few times...including our most recent two Celebrity cruises on Eclipse and Silhouette...

We weren't "chasing points" as we were already Elite...

Both times, we originally booked Verandah cabins...In my book, the added "amenities" are pretty much worthless.

I've always said "I don't care what cabin I'm in, just get me on the ship". All cabins go to the same ports, get the same food, the same entertainment, etc. ...and I don't really spend all that much time in my cabin, really mostly to sleep, change clothes and use the bathroom...and you don't even need the balcony for that!

But then, I DO like having a balcony--for the extra space, the extra light, the ability to walk outside for fresh air or just to sit out there and read or relax...

So, years ago, we made the decision that, unless we were in some extreme budget crunch, we'd always book at least a balcony.

But, beyond that? We've had suites...and they've been extremely nice...incredible service, loads of extra space. If (or when) money is no object, yeah, I'll take a suite...

But, what do I get extra for a CC cabin?

Well, years ago, they had no CC cabins--those were ALL just balcony cabins...So, looking for a way to get some extra revenue on a portion of the balcony cabins, Celebrity came up with the bright idea of putting in a nicer shower head (supposedly, but still not a hand-held sprayer) and giving you a basket of fruit (saves a trip up to the buffet, I guess) and a bottle of cheap champagne (and other similar unimportant amenities like a plusher robe) and upping the price considerably...

I won't pay a considerably higher price for any of this...

So, why have I ended up there so often? I watch the prices on my cruises on a regular basis...It seems, from my experience, that these CC cabins are the hardest ones for X to sell off--especially at premium prices...So, often, somewhere along the line, they will drop prices or run a deal on these CC cabins...One recent cruise, they dropped the price on a CC guarantee to within $50 per person of what we were paying for the balcony--so we grabbed it...Another time, they ran a deal on a CC Guarantee rate at LESS than our ordinary verandah rate (a no-brainer)...Of course, we've also learned that, once they assign the cabin on the guarantee rate, we can call up and have them move us to a different cabin in the same exact category--an option we used to always pick off one of those CC cabins on the "slant" or "hump" with the extra large balconies...So, on those two cruises, we wound up in 2111 on Eclipse and 2106 on Silhouette...

So, is it worth it? Sure--if you can pick up that CC for very close to what you were paying for an ordinary balcony, especially if you can get a premium cabin location or extra large balcony...

But, would I ever pay the typical list price premium for a plush robe, cheap champagne and fruit in my room? Heck, no! An "ordinary" balcony is plenty nice...Save the money and use it elsewhere...

Edited by Bruin Steve

We sailed in a C2 deck 9 on Reflection last Nov ONLY for the points before the conversion. Our next sailing on the Equinox we are in the same angle of the hump cabin on deck 8 in a cat 1A for over $500 pp less than any of the CC's. If you dont need nor want the extra points, it is not worth it.

On the M class ships we almost always choose CC cabins due to the location and slightly larger size.

On S class we no longer do unless we really want the location for some odd reason. The cabins themselves are identical. We're perfectly happy with the standard veranda cabins and don't miss the CC amenities as we don't use them that much or they are not significant. For example the sparkling wine runs about $25 on the Celebrity menu, the binoculars are just a toy type set, everything we'd have on the expanded breakfast menu (such as most egg dishes) can be ordered from any cabin by calling room service or writing it on the hang tag menu. We seldom if ever bother with the canapés as we can get snacks at afternoon tea at the buffet or elsewhere on the ship or order a cheese plate from room service if we do want something in the cabin. The footstools and upgraded towels are nice but not worth the price. Even if the prices difference was minimal I'd probably still pick the cabin more on location than CC vs. veranda class.

However, depending on the cruise and price we would consider upgrading to AQ in order to dine in Blu.

Edited by Lsimon

I think CC is worth it on M class for the extra room, but not on S class unless you are chasing points. It took me a long time to come to that realization but now we just book standard verandas. Or in the case of our upcoming TA, an inside!! We'll see how that works out. We never spend much time in our cabin anyway and the price was too good to pass up, $599 for 15 days on Silhouette.

Back in my old cruising days, starting in 1982 before they even HAD balconies, we always cruised in an inside. And those cabins were TINY!!!

Cathy, on the newer ships, the inside cabins are pretty much the same in terms of space and layout as all of the other categories. We last did an inside cabin on Celebrity several years back on Millennium--and it was perfectly fine...it was a 13 nighter, but a fairly port intensive itinerary, so, during the day, most days, we were in port anyway...We pretty much got up each day, got dressed, headed off to breakfast than to port...Got back only to quickly change and head off to dinner--so, it didn't matter much at all and we hardly noticed it. Also did it for a fabulously cheap price.

That may be a little more difficult for you on a TA since you will have several "at sea" days. This would be my strategy for your sort of deal: Get into a mindset where your cabin is only a place to sleep, use the bathroom and change clothes. Use the public areas of the ship as YOUR balcony and window. Tan and lounge on the pool deck. Sit and read and relax and gaze out at the sea from any of the public lounges with big windows. Keep the daily schedule and find out which lounges have no noisy activities planned. There are lots of quiet areas onboard Silhouette...And all the time, just laugh to yourself about how this is only costing you $599 per person!

It will work out fine!

And, BTW, I am jealous...I wish I had the time and schedule right now to take a 15 night TA. For $599 pp, I would GLADLY take an inside cabin...

Edited by Bruin Steve

Cathy, on the newer ships, the inside cabins are pretty much the same in terms of space and layout as all of the other categories. We last did an inside cabin on Celebrity several years back on Millennium--and it was perfectly fine...it was a 13 nighter, but a fairly port intensive itinerary, so, during the day, most days, we were in port anyway...We pretty much got up each day, got dressed, headed off to breakfast than to port...Got back only to quickly change and head off to dinner--so, it didn't matter much at all and we hardly noticed it. Also did it for a fabulously cheap price.

That may be a little more difficult for you on a TA since you will have several "at sea" days. This would be my strategy for your sort of deal: Get into a mindset where your cabin is only a place to sleep, use the bathroom and change clothes. Use the public areas of the ship as YOUR balcony and window. Tan and lounge on the pool deck. Sit and read and relax and gaze out at the sea from any of the public lounges with big windows. Keep the daily schedule and find out which lounges have no noisy activities planned. There are lots of quiet areas onboard Silhouette...And all the time, just laugh to yourself about how this is only costing you $599 per person!

It will work out fine!

And, BTW, I am jealous...I wish I had the time and schedule right now to take a 15 night TA. For $599 pp, I would GLADLY take an inside cabin...

My thoughts EXACTLY! We generally just have coffee delivered in the AM and have breakfast outside the buffet anyway. I love being out and about, even to read. We love the loungers in the covered area next to the pool, always try to get the ones next to the windows. And if it's cool we love reading/dozing in the solarium. Plus we have a bunch of friends from our last TA going, so no doubt we will be extra busy with activities.

If we go to our cabin during the day it's to nap, so that's not a big deal, and as soon as we're dressed for the evening we hit the Martini Bar with our friends, so on balance it's a great deal. I'll still move up if the price is right, but otherwise we'll be fine. I have peeked in to the inside cabins when they are being cleaned and was surprised at how nice they are, really identical to the balcony cabins, except for the balcony!

When I booked it, DH asked, what will we NOT get with an inside, thinking maybe we would lose access to some places on the ship. When I told him it would be identical to every other cruise we've taken, in AQ, CC, SS, etc., he was totally fine with it--esp. at that price!

I agree with the posters who say CC is nice, but they wouldn't pay much extra for it. The perks are nice conveniences, but certainly not overwhelming. My wife likes the foot stools on the balcony. The good news is that the CC cabins are often priced not significantly higher than normal veranda cabins. In fact, in many cases the CC and even the Aqua class cabins have lower prices than normal veranda cabins. The prices for the July 14, 2014 cruise are a good example. C3 and A2 are $2549. 2A and 2B are $2679.

My DH decided he likes the larger and fluffier towels, the fruit in the room, and the polishing of the shoes. I like the foot stools. If the cost isn't much more (like under $100 per person) I'll go ahead and book the CC class while I chase points toward Elite (particularly since the change!)

Once we hit Elite, we'll re-evaluate our choices. I agree, however, that a cruise in an inside beats no cruise any day!

We recently booked a second week (to give us a B2B) on Reflection next year. The CC room provided $250 OBC, which was about $100 more than the 1A room next door, meaning the cost difference for the week was really only about $50 total.

We've done CC a few times...including our most recent two Celebrity cruises on Eclipse and Silhouette...

We weren't "chasing points" as we were already Elite...

Both times, we originally booked Verandah cabins...In my book, the added "amenities" are pretty much worthless.

I've always said "I don't care what cabin I'm in, just get me on the ship". All cabins go to the same ports, get the same food, the same entertainment, etc. ...and I don't really spend all that much time in my cabin, really mostly to sleep, change clothes and use the bathroom...and you don't even need the balcony for that!

But then, I DO like having a balcony--for the extra space, the extra light, the ability to walk outside for fresh air or just to sit out there and read or relax...

So, years ago, we made the decision that, unless we were in some extreme budget crunch, we'd always book at least a balcony.

But, beyond that? We've had suites...and they've been extremely nice...incredible service, loads of extra space. If (or when) money is no object, yeah, I'll take a suite...

But, what do I get extra for a CC cabin?

Well, years ago, they had no CC cabins--those were ALL just balcony cabins...So, looking for a way to get some extra revenue on a portion of the balcony cabins, Celebrity came up with the bright idea of putting in a nicer shower head (supposedly, but still not a hand-held sprayer) and giving you a basket of fruit (saves a trip up to the buffet, I guess) and a bottle of cheap champagne (and other similar unimportant amenities like a plusher robe) and upping the price considerably...

I won't pay a considerably higher price for any of this...

So, why have I ended up there so often? I watch the prices on my cruises on a regular basis...It seems, from my experience, that these CC cabins are the hardest ones for X to sell off--especially at premium prices...So, often, somewhere along the line, they will drop prices or run a deal on these CC cabins...One recent cruise, they dropped the price on a CC guarantee to within $50 per person of what we were paying for the balcony--so we grabbed it...Another time, they ran a deal on a CC Guarantee rate at LESS than our ordinary verandah rate (a no-brainer)...Of course, we've also learned that, once they assign the cabin on the guarantee rate, we can call up and have them move us to a different cabin in the same exact category--an option we used to always pick off one of those CC cabins on the "slant" or "hump" with the extra large balconies...So, on those two cruises, we wound up in 2111 on Eclipse and 2106 on Silhouette...

So, is it worth it? Sure--if you can pick up that CC for very close to what you were paying for an ordinary balcony, especially if you can get a premium cabin location or extra large balcony...

But, would I ever pay the typical list price premium for a plush robe, cheap champagne and fruit in my room? Heck, no! An "ordinary" balcony is plenty nice...Save the money and use it elsewhere...

You beat me to my answer and I don't think that I could have wrote it any better.

Thanks for saving me the time to compose the same. As I have heard great minds think alike.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🍸🍻

Thanks for the comparisons. For us CC is around the same price as a princess balcony cabin, so we would be paying that anyway. We love the idea of priority check in, and as we like late dining so we use the balcony heaps. On our upcoming TA I will be giving the foot stool a work out!

I like my own time & lounging about in my pjs or boxers, which is not appreciated in the public areas!! LOL:D.

I really think you need to consider what sort of cruiser you are when way ing up the costs.

As other posters have said it all has to do with personal preference. A heads up, I had a cc on Reflection last March and felt like I got a great deal...until 5 in the morning when I figured out we were below the Oceanview's dishwasher. At least it sounded like it. Lesson learned, don't give up location just to get cc.

Thanks for the comparisons. For us CC is around the same price as a princess balcony cabin, so we would be paying that anyway. We love the idea of priority check in, and as we like late dining so we use the balcony heaps. On our upcoming TA I will be giving the foot stool a work out!

I like my own time & lounging about in my pjs or boxers, which is not appreciated in the public areas!! LOL:D.

I really think you need to consider what sort of cruiser you are when way ing up the costs.

Just so you know, this is pretty meaningless. There are 'special' lines for just about every category, so much so that the regular lines are often shorter. Like many of the perks and bennies of CC, this one sounds a lot better than it really is. For instance, we will be in an inside cabin on our upcoming cruise. One would think we'd go to the hoi polloi line and wait with the great unwashed masses. BUT we also are "Elite", so even though we are in steerage, we too get 'priority embarkation'. By the time it all washes out, everyone gets through very quickly (I have never waited more than 5 minutes in any line, no matter what time I arrive) and on the ship and sipping their first pina colada!