Very unpleasant experience on EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

This is hysterical. You actually complained to the cruise line citing their lack of tampons?! Omg...:p

Tampons? Pads? Anything??? It's not the product but the lack if planning for 3000 people. Believe me it wasn't funny nor easy to deal with! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Imagine day 3 not being able to leave your cabin on a 7 night trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No MJ music, well I just booked my first RCCL cruise, actually 2 we are going b2b on Oasis in May and I couldn't be happier that I will not have to listen to MJ

I may have only cruised 4 times but I know you DO NOT FILL UP your personal containers at drink stations...after what EOS has been through the last couple months I'm glad the staff is enforcing this rule.

Glad you wont be on my cruise

But it wasn't OP birthday. They were strangers sitting at the same table. Not part if thier family.

How do you know that was the situation?

It appears that these same people were dining together on subsequent nights so it was likely traditional dining and on our cruises we get to know the people very well that we do traditional dining with and they quickly become friends, some life long.

I can't believe that anyone who has been on a cruise ship before didn't know better than to put soiled dishes on an area that was serving food and drinks. Or to fill their personal water bottle directly from the dispenser. Shame on you.

Why were you leaving your dirty dishes/glasses wherever you pleased? And then complaining because nobody had immediately cleaned up after you?

If you never want to encounter someone saying something that you consider rude, then not only should you find another cruise line I would advise that you never venture outside your home again.

And do a little reading before your next vacation. Perhaps with a little due diligence on your part you will be able to adjust your expectations to a reasonable level.

How do you know that was the situation?

It appears that these same people were dining together on subsequent nights so it was likely traditional dining and on our cruises we get to know the people very well that we do traditional dining with and they quickly become friends, some life long.

Of course, we do too. But then, that wasn't the real point, was it?

That incident happened to someone else - someone outside of her family, outside of anyone she'd gone on the cruise with - and yet it was on her 6 item list of what made her cruise "a very unpleasant experience."

In regards to cococay, i would rather have had them cancel it then go through what we went through. We tendered there, but getting back we had to turn back around mid way back to the ship cuz the seas were so rough. The tender in front of us had there life jackets distrubuted cuz they thoight they were going to capsize. I felt lucky to be able to get back to the ship eventually. The gangway fell into the water it was so rough.

I think they learned their lesson as we were on in feb and decided to not risk it.

You must have been on the Feb 9 cruise with us. I posted earlier in this thread about our experience

I was on explorer in Feb. And must admit I was not too impressed. The service was the weakest of any cruise I have been on with royal and I have been on 10 rcl cruises and 20+ overall.

One time my wife went to a coke machine to refill her coke and she started to put it under the spout and the crew member standing next to the machine very rudely stopped her and said "thats what I'm here for". I realize that they were trying to prevent the apread of gi illness but the way that they said it was quite off putting.

It's against CDC regulations for them to allow passengers to refill glasses from soda/water dispensers where the dispensing opening is exposed. They freak out because they can get in trouble if a supervisor notices them allowing it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

WE were on the infamous NOROVIRUS cruise a month before ...... we felt more pain for the crew than the selfish passengers that insisted to disregard the fact that nothing will spoil "THEIR" cruise. Hence a re infection of the ship on the way back to Bayonne.

Passenger who were quarantined, eating in the dining room.

Passenger trying to grab bread and fruit when no one was to touch anything oh yea!!! they were the one's who skirted around the washie washie stands to get their dessert dishes too. Rest room Hygiene :rolleyes: we'll leave it there need I say more. :(

8 Missing POC ..... Coco Cay.... make it 9 Someday I'll get there ;)

3K + passengers OB do you really think they ALL have their fellow passengers wants and needs at hand.

Of course, we do too. But then, that wasn't the real point, was it?

That incident happened to someone else - someone outside of her family, outside of anyone she'd gone on the cruise with - and yet it was on her 6 item list of what made her cruise "a very unpleasant experience."

So you're saying something that happens to a group of friends dining together even if it actually related to or really affects one or a few of that group is not part of your cruise experience. We've had similar situations onboard, one just recently on our last cruise with friends we met onboard and we were all pissed off with what happened even though only one of us was really badly inconvenienced by the action of a crew member who was very rude also.

Edited by robtulipe

It's against CDC regulations for them to allow passengers to refill glasses from soda/water dispensers where the dispensing opening is exposed. They freak out because they can get in trouble if a supervisor notices them allowing it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

'

I agree completely. It did not have a lid, and my wife was just putting it under the spout, but the guy was very rude about it. A simple "miss, due to regulations and the current increase in Gi illnesses, I will need to fill your cup, what would you like" would have been fine. Instead "That's what I'm here for, and then practically slapping her hand away from the screen was a little much I felt.

Either way, I am loyal to royal, and the good far outweights my bad experiences. Just sometimes little things like that ding an otherwise great vacation experience.

My cabin was a JS, and two drawers were broken as was a cabinet door which was only partially attached and partly falling off. I am not a big complainer, so I did not mention it to the cabin steward, as the room was relatively clean with a little mold on the ceiling and bathtub area. I was just glad I did not have the sewer leak across the hall, in which people had to be moved from. The hallway smelled a bit for several days, and there was a noise constantly for 2 straight days due to them "welding" some pipes and things per my cabin steward. I was able to sleep through it fine, but I think some people found it rather annoying. Overall I gave the cruise 4 stars. Lower than the standard 5 I am used to with royal.

You must have been on the Feb 9 cruise with us. I posted earlier in this thread about our experience

Yep same cruise. I am just glad everyone made it back ok from cococay. I couldn't see 20 feet in front of the tender at times it was raining so hard.

So you're saying something that happens to a group of friends dining together even if it actually related to or really affects one or a few of that group is not part of your cruise experience. We've had similar situations onboard, one just recently on our last cruise with friends we met onboard and we were all pissed off with what happened even though only one of us was really badly inconvenienced by the action of a crew member who was very rude also.

Hmm, sounds like you and the OP need to cruise together! :) No, I'm sorry, but if someone is rude to a friend it will upset me for the moment, but its sure not the same as if someone is similarly rude to my wife or children. Lets say - it wouldn't rise to the level of writing to cruise management about, or saying I was done with RCCL! ;)

Just noticed that this person has only made 4 posts. Another individual who only seeks out forums to complain!! I was on the same cruise and this person sounds just like the one who went to the Captain's Corner ( a question & answer session with the Captain) and was the first person to raise the hand and start complaining about everything including Coco Cay.

I might add that nearly everyone in the room disagreed and realized that "safety first" when it comes to tendering. We had a wonderful cruise and found the crew to be amazing and very friendly.

Wonder how many people would have been glad to take that cruise...even with OP's experience, rather than being home, work or worse yet shoveling snow, more snow and even more snow?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tampons? Pads? Anything??? It's not the product but the lack if planning for 3000 people. Believe me it wasn't funny nor easy to deal with! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Imagine day 3 not being able to leave your cabin on a 7 night trip?

Sounds like it was your lack of planning more than anything else. Does the cruise line need to plan for every foreseeable product than anyone of 3000 may need? Where does it end then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we are on the subject of rude cruise ship staff, when they do greet you with good morning, how are you, how many reply with and how are you? Are you having a good day? My son who is high functioning autistic asks me everyday "how was your day". Just curious because when I respond with this I get lots of surprised looks. I am vacationing with the love of my life and they are missing there families like crazy. Sorry, guess it's the wine.

I always try to remember things happen and everything isn't perfect and take it in stride. On one of our cruises we weren't allowed in port because they said there were a few people sick on the ship and they wouldn't clear us to go in. Were we happy we didn't get to go to the island? No! But what can you do let it ruin your trip or be happy you are at least still on vacation? No we didn't get compensated or even think we should as it is stated they can change scheduled ports. Are you always happy and a good mood and want to deal with people? Think about these workers that work for countless hours every day they are human, get tired and probably get sick dealing with people sometimes too!

Wonder how many people would have been glad to take that cruise...even with OP's experience, rather than being home, work or worse yet shoveling snow, more snow and even more snow?

It's one thing to complain it's another to be the author of the compaint who complains. :D:confused:

Hmm, sounds like you and the OP need to cruise together! :) No, I'm sorry, but if someone is rude to a friend it will upset me for the moment, but its sure not the same as if someone is similarly rude to my wife or children. Lets say - it wouldn't rise to the level of writing to cruise management about, or saying I was done with RCCL! ;)

What the crew member did was more than just being rude and it did affect us all as a group although only one of us was affected directly. That and a lot more incidents of poor service on that cruise convinced us to to go elsewhere for our next booking even though we originally planned to book that cruiseline again while on board.

Again it the total overall cruise experience that one must consider not just one rude action alone.:rolleyes:

Edited by robtulipe

ran out on day 3 of a 7 day cruise.. sounds like real poor planning on your part.

you other folks who let little 'stuff' like this ruin your cruise must be real tender.

Edited by Sherlock43031