Favorite thing about The Dawn to Bermuda????

cmoose

Ok 106 more days to go. I need some motivation to get through this last bit of never ending winter. Tell me some wonderful things about The Dawn?? I'm a first timer traveling with my 14 year old daughter.

I love this cruise! We live 15 miles south of boston. Our vacation begins the minute we leave the house! I think my favorite part is the island of Bermuda. So beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've just booked my 4th Dawn Boston to Bermuda cruise (plus first cruise ever was Spirit from Boston to Bermuda) and my favorite thing is "no pressure".....enough sea days to relax and not feel like you are missing anything on the ship, and enough days docked in Bermuda to not feel rushed about seeing everything.

84 days till I return to Bermuda on the DAWN. Great ship, always something fun to do. Great specialty resturants, the complimentary resturants are good too. I am on vacation so I spurge and hit the specialty resturants most evenings.

Multiple days in port, it is great. I wish more islands would be condusive to it. Like St. Marteen.

This is my review from last summer http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1902973

I loved this cruise. Really, there is hardly a negative thing I can say about our whole experience. We're planning a Bahamas cruise from NYC for this summer because the dates will work out better, and I am sure it will be great, but I just can't wait to go back to Bermuda! Have a great cruise!

Ship: The Dale Chihuly blue glass sculpture in the atrium.

Food: Way too many items to list just one, so I'll give one item in several restaurants.

Buffet - Fresh pineapple

Blue Lagoon - Mozzarella & Prosciutto panini

Asian restaurant - BBQ rib appetizer

Main dining room - creme brulee

Bar drink - Miami Vice (1/2 Pina Colada & 1/2 Strawberry Daiquiri)

Personnel: All! Sorry, couldn't choose just one person. They were all fabulous on both of our trips on the Dawn.

Bermuda: The jaw-dropping gorgeous water. First time I ever saw water that color. I'd love to see it again someday.

I love this cruise! We live 15 miles south of boston. Our vacation begins the minute we leave the house! I think my favorite part is the island of Bermuda. So beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the best part! Forty-five minutes after I lock my front door, I'm sippin' a fruity-drink poolside. :cool:

Well, this is minor if you compare it to all fun, but try salmon tartar (appetizer in MDR). It is great!

Other than this .. we loved eating in Blue Lagoon and listening to music.

Buy three day passes for transportation and explore Bermuda by bus or by small boats. Long Bay, Horseshoe beach, Hamilton, St George ... awww. Even Fort itself at West End. Do not miss Crystal Caves.

We've cruised from Boston to Bermuda many, many times and are booked again this year. The fact that we are 10 minutes away from the pier and by 11:30a.m. are having lunch and a cocktail onboard is amazing.

We love the fact that we spend three days on the beautiful island of Bermuda and can actually relax and not rush to get off and on the ship. The people of Bermuda are friendly and so helpful.

The staff and crew of NCL are the best! We've sailed other cruise lines in the past as well, but they don't compare to NCL.

Bon Voyage!

We've cruised from Boston to Bermuda many, many times and are booked again this year. The fact that we are 10 minutes away from the pier and by 11:30a.m. are having lunch and a cocktail onboard is amazing.

We love the fact that we spend three days on the beautiful island of Bermuda and can actually relax and not rush to get off and on the ship. The people of Bermuda are friendly and so helpful.

The staff and crew of NCL are the best! We've sailed other cruise lines in the past as well, but they don't compare to NCL.

Bon Voyage!

Thanks to everyone's raves, I've put Dawn to Bermuda on my list for 2015. Do cabin prices stay high or are there ever any price drops? We tend to book early, but getting a deal would be nice, too. Thanks.

Bermuda is one of my favs.

I've been dreaming of the warm sun, pink sand and turquoise waters all winter.

Can't wait to be there again this summer.

Happy Cruising!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I booked about a year out. Aft Penthouse and have had 2 price drops since then. Saved about $850 so far. Still hoping for more but I doubt it now. Just the thought of warm weather is getting me through this dreadful New England winter. We are expecting another 8-12 inches of snow on Wednesday.....arggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Well, this is minor if you compare it to all fun, but try salmon tartar (appetizer in MDR). It is great!

Other than this .. we loved eating in Blue Lagoon and listening to music.

Buy three day passes for transportation and explore Bermuda by bus or by small boats. Long Bay, Horseshoe beach, Hamilton, St George ... awww. Even Fort itself at West End. Do not miss Crystal Caves.

Great advice to buy the 3 day transfers. We've been 3 times and found this to be the best way to get around. But you stumped me on the Crystal Caves comment....what and where are they?

Great advice to buy the 3 day transfers. We've been 3 times and found this to be the best way to get around. But you stumped me on the Crystal Caves comment....what and where are they?

They are two caves that you can tour that have really amazing stalagmite and stalactite formations. This is the website http://www.caves.bm/

We went last summer (you can take a bus, get off near them, and just walk the rest of the way). We only had time to do one cave, and it was amazing, at least for me, as I've never seen anything like it! There's more info about them on the Bermuda board, too.