Allure pricing??? sooo high

We are veteran cruisers and the prices for Alllure in Aug/Sept are crazy...I watch during the Feb sale and made the mistake of not booking as I saw the prices go crazy.

we want to book a GS but $7016 :( is not in the plan...this price astounds me. So...I know demand drives this and after final payment comes in June it will change as many people cancel etc...

but...I am asking you the experts...do you think the suite prices will go down at all?

We are veteran cruisers and the prices for Alllure in Aug/Sept are crazy...I watch during the Feb sale and made the mistake of not booking as I saw the prices go crazy.

we want to book a GS but $7016 :( is not in the plan...this price astounds me. So...I know demand drives this and after final payment comes in June it will change as many people cancel etc...

but...I am asking you the experts...do you think the suite prices will go down at all?

Probably right after the 2nd & 3rd person free promotion ends. Prices skyrocketed right before it started.

Right now it looks like 8/24 and 9/21 are the cheapest, both Western itineraries. A little over $3300 pp before taxes.

Also, keep in mind that Oasis will be in Europe for a lot of that time frame, which can drive up demand for Allure for those specifically wanting to sail an Oasis class ship.

Edited by nolesrule

Right now it looks like 8/24 and 9/21 are the cheapest, both Western itineraries. A little over $3300 pp before taxes.

Also, keep in mind that Oasis will be in Europe for a lot of that time frame, which can drive up demand for Allure for those specifically wanting to sail an Oasis class ship.

we paid $3800 for GS last Sept....so $6600 just isn't worth it to us

I think part of the high prices for Allure in September has to do with the fact that Oasis will be in Europe... If people want to sail on and Oasis Class ship in the Caribbean during that timeframe, Allure is the only option. Having only half the supply available is going to equate to higher prices.

I think part of the high prices for Allure in September has to do with the fact that Oasis will be in Europe... If people want to sail on and Oasis Class ship in the Caribbean during that timeframe, Allure is the only option. Having only half the supply available is going to equate to higher prices.

I thought that too but about 2 weeks ago the prices were somewhat what I expected...not as low as last year....last week the prices all went crazy right when the Feb sale ended.....I think a lot of people booked with the 1/2 off deposit and on board credit.

I am just wondering if it will go down when the hoopla dies down

I thought that too but about 2 weeks ago the prices were somewhat what I expected...not as low as last year....last week the prices all went crazy right when the Feb sale ended.....I think a lot of people booked with the 1/2 off deposit and on board credit.

I am just wondering if it will go down when the hoopla dies down

Don't get me wrong... I think they will go down some on April 1 provided they still have a reasonable amount of inventory left... but I don't expect to see last years prices this year.

We usually take a Fall cruise and I was watching the prices pretty closely a few months ago and they were quite a bit higher for 2014 than what we've generally paid in the past.

Edited by elleluv

15 junior suites left on my upcoming Allure cruise (21 days away) and the price is still ~2229pp, more than double I paid for a D3 balcony. 3 grand suites left and those are 3479pp.

Now a W guarantee is "only" 1799pp, but that is only 200 off the low (it has been hitting 1999pp off and on for quite awhile). The 1799 price came out late this past Friday.

I'm got my price trackers set up hoping I'll see a better price on those W guarantees, especially since the junior suite inventory hasn't changed for weeks now. I'm willing to pay more for that W guarantee, but not ~1650 more (than a D3) as it sits today. That money would pay for 2 drink packages and 7 nights of speciality restaurants, which is crazy when you think about it.

This isn't unique to my sailing either. The previous 4 sailings do don't see any significant drops either,, although I didn't check inventory numbers for those.

I get that this is common on the Allure, but it almost makes me look to other Royal boats where I can get that suite and not break the bank.

Edited by JasonV1

I booked the Allure back in December 2013 for the Aug 30 sailing (labor day) because the prices were much less + kids are back in school!

Over the past 2 months RCC has been running promotions and has raised the rates for this cruise. This seems to be working since the "on hold" times are ridiculous.

The rates for this cruise may come down for the remaining rooms, but that's dependent on demand. I will be keeping an eye on them since I may upgrade.

Good Luck

I booked last Feb for My October cruise and since then the prices have doubled. I have kept my eye on the prices and they have been higher than they are now several times. Maybe it is because the Allure is going to Europe but I am glad I booked when I did. I was hoping for a price drop but I do not think that is going to happen.

I booked the Allure back in December 2013 for the Aug 30 sailing (labor day) because the prices were much less + kids are back in school!

Over the past 2 months RCC has been running promotions and has raised the rates for this cruise. This seems to be working since the "on hold" times are ridiculous.

The rates for this cruise may come down for the remaining rooms, but that's dependent on demand. I will be keeping an eye on them since I may upgrade.

Good Luck

This is the same cruise we are booking. I am hoping to upgrade too because I'm not paying $6k for a js :rolleyes:

Prices skyrocketed right before it started.

Our summer cruise went from $499pp to $707pp on the day the "kids sail free" promotion started and I bet it will go back down when it is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was booked in a CP balcony with my wife for a fantastic rate. Including taxes, gratuities and cruise fare we were at just over 1800 total for the August 31st sailing.

Our travel plans have since changed and we have a 3rd person along for the trip. We downgraded to an interior and are now paying nearly 2300 total even with the 3rd passenger free.

It was an extra $410 and a step down in cabin category. I really don't feel like that 3rd passenger is free as advertised.

I guess part of the increase was I lost a residency discount of $160 and we had a savings certificate for $150 that dropped to $75. We also are paying $193 for that 3rd passenger's taxes and gratuities.

When you figure all of that into to equation it wasn't much more I guess.

I wonder what prices will be when the promo ends

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

we paid $2125 for our outside balcony for the Sept 28th cruise, and that includes $175 for insurance and we get a $50 OBC, and our gratuities are paid for. That price includes ALL fees and taxes. We got a real bargain for the Eastern Carribean. Can't wait!

Edited by sonicbuffalo

When you are discussing pricing, you need to look at a specific sailing and specific categories. It's not just inside, outside, balcony, suite. It breaks down into much more than that. You also have to look at overall pricing history, what the opening price was compared to what it is now.

Looking at August 31st, which one poster mentioned... Yes, some categories had price increases a week before the sale (balcony and suites). Interior categories had price increases 2 weeks before the sale, while ocean views had increases 5 weeks before the sale. After the sale started , there were some increases again on March 4th for a number of categories, likely due to the huge change in supply because of the sale. Most interiors, D5-D7 and Crown Loft Suites are still going for less than when the sailing opened for booking.

Yes it is very high, but what an amazing ship ! I had a GS booked on Freedom for next year at thought the price was unbelievably high and ended up switching to Allure because its the same price that we paid on a previous Allure cruise. I guess if you want it bad enough, you pay what they ask or go carnival !

Prices can really vary, even at the same time of year. We had been booked in a JS on the Feb 9, 2014 Allure sailing, but then some enterprising poster on here listed all the JS prices for the Allure in 2014, and we noticed that the same itinerary 2 weeks earlier (on Jan 26) was $800 cheaper, so we switched. I kept track of prices pretty consistently (checked every day or two) and that Jan 26 sailing was always much cheaper for some reason. Right after final payment prices dropped like crazy on suites and we ended up upgrading to a crown loft. Got it for $5500 for both of us ($2750 pp), which isn't the cheapest I've seen posted on here, but is about half of what it usually is (it seems to average $9-12k per couple). I've seen posters on here say the crown lofts rarely sell out and so they can be really discounted as it gets close to the cruise - I have no idea if that's true or not, but I've seen it on here more than once.

We also just upgraded on next month's Explorer cruise from an inside to an OS, because the price dropped so much about two weeks after final payment.

So, if your dates are flexible, my best advice is to check the sailings a few before and a few after the one you're currently considering, and to check them pretty often for price drops. And definitely check again after final payment. Good luck! :)

When you are discussing pricing, you need to look at a specific sailing and specific categories. It's not just inside, outside, balcony, suite. It breaks down into much more than that. You also have to look at overall pricing history, what the opening price was compared to what it is now.

And the ship appeal. Allure's almost always pricier per night than (for example) Indy, on about the same stops. Newer ship, shinier features, more money. And Quantum's about 30% over Allure per night. Heck, you can do a transatlantic on Allure for the price of an 8-night "whatever midmonth no special day" out of Harwich.