Unlimited WiFi Plan expansion

Thanks for the info! I'm trying to decide if I should do this or get an international data plan for my phone which is what I did before. I just like to post some pics along the way but not be connected to my email because I like a break from it. Sorry to go on I was thinking out loud lol.

It was always their intention to roll out unlimited packages across the fleet once various upgrades to the conventional satellite capability were completed and the wrinkles ironed out on Allure and Oasis. See this interview with the CIO from last year.

http://www.informationweek.com/it-leadership/royal-caribbean-broadens-bandwidth-horizons/d/d-id/1111431?

This programme often gets confused with the O3b trial due on Allure and Oasis, which as mentioned above has been delayed because of power issues on the first constellation of satellites. The second launch has been pushed back again to July.

The gentleman you just spoke with was misinformed!:rolleyes: I was on the Navigator 2 weeks ago. The new system is a HUGE improvement! Unlimited wifi was available...it was either $179 or $189 (I can't remember) for a single device, or $229 for multiple devices at the same time.

These unlimited packages are not that great a deal. Last time I was on Allure the other package choices were so limited that I had to get unlimited. On previous sailing of Allure and Oasis I spent between $50 and $99. Royl Caribbean is making out like a bandit....

These unlimited packages are not that great a deal. Last time I was on Allure the other package choices were so limited that I had to get unlimited. On previous sailing of Allure and Oasis I spent between $50 and $99. Royl Caribbean is making out like a bandit....

I totally agree, Adventure might now have ship wide wifi, but the service borders on appalling. Often you get the message 'network busy, try later' when your device has spent 5 mins trying to connect. So much so that even after the C&A discount of $29.95 (please note it is no longer a percentage of the package price, it's a set value discount) then $200 for 2 devices when the service is slow, to non existent (RCI have disclaimers on service and no refunds) is a lot of $.

Edited by peteukmcr

The Adventure has the unlimited packages. We were on the 4 nighter and it was about $65 with the D+ discount. My daughter was ecstatic and never stopped texting with her friends and did not seem to have any issues other than initial connections always take long.

Also since packages start at 60 minutes those C and A coupon for 45 minutes couldn't apply so you'll get 15 min additional free. Nice for me as I don't typically get the packages for myself.

I wasn't referring to the price/packages, just the quality of the wifi itself. The system on the Navigator was a lot faster and more consistent than other ship systems I've used.

I wasn't referring to the price/packages, just the quality of the wifi itself. The system on the Navigator was a lot faster and more consistent than other ship systems I've used.

I have not been on Navigator but on many ships on different cruise lines I have been on the WiFi quality has gotten better the last two years. So much so that because it is faster and better quality I have only needed packages of $50 combined with various free minutes from being a past passenger because it takes a lot less time online than before to do what I do on the internet when I am on vacation. I did not need an unlimited package at $179 minus Diamond discount. Of course it was convenient but $100 more is a lot for convenience.

Edited by Charles4515

Is there an unlimited wifi plan on Explorer? Or at least plans for one before January?

No one has reported unlimited plans available on Explorer, and Royal has not published a schedule of deployment.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'll be onboard Mariner of the Seas, for three consecutives "short" cruises (B2B2B) starting from Singapore next 26th December.

Please, could someone tell me if onboard Mariner they sell any internet packages "unlimited" valid for the whole duration of the cruise?

Consecutive cruises are: 3+5+5 nights... I suppose I have to buy a package for every leg... or not?

I would be interested to know the prices, so, If anyone knows the rates for cruises of 3 days and 5 days also makes me a big favor.

I hope someone can help me.

thanks a lot

Ciao by Elena

Ps: I'm C&A Emerald member, but for the 3rd cruise I'll reach Diamond status... I don't Know if this information make some difference for the costs...

We were on the Vision OTS in November and bought the unlimited internet. 9 day cruise and it was just over $200 for two devices. It worked very well. We were able to use both the ipad and iphone anywhere on the ship. Texted, emailed pictures, connected to Blackboard and even to collaborate (although I was dumped a couple of times and the audio and video were intermittent). We did have to manually disconnect when we wanted to switch from one device to another which was a pain but overall VERY pleased.

What's the current status of wifi on Rhapsody? Pervasive? Unlimited packages available? Should we start a whole fleet list do you think?

All I know for sure Linda is that the Rhapsody WiFi is pervasive, but I don't know if she has gone to the unlimited plans yet.

All I know for sure Linda is that the Rhapsody WiFi is pervasive, but I don't know if she has gone to the unlimited plans yet.

Hey Bob long time no speak! Been up to my eyes with my new enterprise so not here often. I was responding to a request about Navigator then realised the answer was already in the thread! Lol

Currently trying to turn a repo on Rhapsody into a B2B. Feel like making a new thread on how the quality of CS in Guatamala hasn't improved much but decided against it!

Hey Bob long time no speak! Been up to my eyes with my new enterprise so not here often. I was responding to a request about Navigator then realised the answer was already in the thread! Lol

Currently trying to turn a repo on Rhapsody into a B2B. Feel like making a new thread on how the quality of CS in Guatamala hasn't improved much but decided against it!

Nice to see you back on the boards! Like the new avatar. :)