Cruising.. tomorrow(Saturday). Help me make sure I have everything I need.

Set sail pass

Luggage tags

Passports

Money /credit card

Medications

Camera

Spare batteries

Bite cream

Antihistamines

Band aids (travel first aid kit)

Sun glasses

Visor / sun hat

Travel fan

Sun screen

Clothes

Toothbrush

Toothpaste

Hair brush

Walking shoes

Evening shoes

Sandals

Swim wear

Ziplock bags (always useful never know when they will come in handy)

Travel wet wipes

Kleenex travel packs

Evening bag (always forget:))

And clothes

By the way no idea where your sailing but enjoy:D

Edited by Spurschick
Addition

Okay first off...

What exactly do I need to board(whatever is needed to make boarding the quickest)?

Second....anything else I may need that you frequently forget?

Thanks everyone!!!:D

Most important thing to have are ID documents, such as passport or certified birth certificate/government ID (depending on your citizenship and sailing) . You won't be allowed to board without proper ID documents.

Edited by clarea

A post it on your front door listing ALL the bags that you are taking with you! I left one bag in the middle of my living room a few years back because the cab came earlier than expected to pick us up and in the mad scramble I totally forgot about the bag which contained all my underwear, bathing suits, makeup and reading material (among other things). I ended up at CVS in San Juan trying to replace everything except the bathing suits (got a new one in Curacao) prior to the cruise. Thankfully we were staying 4 days in Old San Juan before the cruise departed. One good thing about the incident was after I told the story to my boss when I got back home she bought me a Kindle for my future travels. Needless to say I don't forget my books now!

Edited by Teeara

On our last cruise, we were 7 hours into our 11 hour drive to the port, when my husband asked me if I packed his khaki pants by chance. I pack for myself and oversee the kids, but not him. So, we had to make a stop at the mall for a few pairs of pants because we weren't skipping the MDR all week.

My advice is the put outfits together to make sure all the parts are there!

Almost same experience, on our last cruise 2 wks ago we left in a hurry (driving to port) because an ice storm was predicted for morning of drive, my husband left a hanger with additional dress pants. He did pack his suit and wore jeans and had one pair of slacks, but upon arrival on ship and opening luggage, much to our horror the dress slacks had a zorro rip across leg. Needless to say, we called home had daughter scope out shopping malls in Port Canaveral, our first stop, and I got off and took 12 dollar round trip shuttle to mall. Just a hint, this shuttle is located to the right outside of terminal and will take you to a beach, CVS, and the mall does a continuous loup back an forth to the ships. Anyway we were able to eat in the MDR for the week. Next time I will double check his dress cloths. On our previous cruise in Jan. I forgot bras, so I had to make do with the one I wore on the ship. so this last time I overpacked and took 4. Once you forget you will remember for the next time. Have a great cruise.

Almost same experience, on our last cruise 2 wks ago we left in a hurry (driving to port) because an ice storm was predicted for morning of drive, my husband left a hanger with additional dress pants. He did pack his suit and wore jeans and had one pair of slacks, but upon arrival on ship and opening luggage, much to our horror the dress slacks had a zorro rip across leg. Needless to say, we called home had daughter scope out shopping malls in Port Canaveral, our first stop, and I got off and took 12 dollar round trip shuttle to mall. Just a hint, this shuttle is located to the right outside of terminal and will take you to a beach, CVS, and the mall does a continuous loup back an forth to the ships. Anyway we were able to eat in the MDR for the week. Next time I will double check his dress cloths. On our previous cruise in Jan. I forgot bras, so I had to make do with the one I wore on the ship. so this last time I overpacked and took 4. Once you forget you will remember for the next time. Have a great cruise.

No bra...no problem...They will let you in the MDR with no bra! :D:D

I always bring a higlighter - I go through the Cruise Compass or similar and highlight the activities each of us think we want to do for that day.

a small battery operated style candle for the cabin or bathroom

Have fun!!!

Don't over think it! Before getting in the ca, we make a habit of counting all the bags to make sure they made it out of the house. Next once we are in the car and at the end of the driveway we stop and check the non negotiables:

-required travel docs including ID's/passports for each person...look at the photo, make sure it's for the people actually traveling and not the passport of someone you left at home!:eek:

-prescription meds that would be hard to replace on board

-a credit card and your cash

I actually lay eyes on each of those things in the car and don't rely on "oh, I packed that". Once you have those three things, no matter where in the world you travel, you can buy, find it, borrow it, or make do...so no stress! Have fun!:D

Chargers. They can be very hard to replace. We've got about 5 different kinds have to bring.

This is the truth! Also don't forget an extra memory card for the camera and or the plug to attach it to the computer if you're planning on downloading them.

Othe than docs - the printed set sail thing & your passport (or DL& birth certificate) make sure you have a sense of humor handy in case things get bumpy on the way.

In reality if you forget something (earplugs, bathing suit etc) you can usually buy one on the ship or in port.

Have a fun trip!

We also bring:

A cpl laundry detergent pillow packs

Few clothespins

Travel alarm clock

Stack of $1/tipping for room service

Two-way radios

Tervis tumblers w/lids

Clear-pocket shoe bag to hang in closet. Great for seeing toiletries, etc., at a glance.

Hand soap pump for bathroom

Magnets for Cruise Compass and other papers to hang on walls

Lanyard for Sea Pass (they will punch a hole in it at Guest Services or gift shop)

Call your charge card, debit card companies and let them know you will be traveling. You don't want your purchases of forgotten items to not go through on your cards because your bank is looking out for you thinking they might be stolen!:eek:

Be sure to have copies of the front page of your passport. Make 2-3 of them and place them in your carry on and in the suitcase of your spouse and vice versa.

Also make a copy of your credit card and put it in a secure place along with the emergency phone number of your credit card company.

Be sure to save a file if bringing a laptop of your Reservation# see if you can Scan your SetSail Pass into your computer so if you need it for any reason.

Also be sure to give the emergency contact # for the ship to your loved ones/neighbor or house sitter along with a Pre Paid Debit Card so they won't be charged for the call.

Print out deck plans as well and have a page with the listing of dining venues, what you need to do on the first day once onbaord such as confirm dining assignment, make specialty dining reservations.

Confirm Airline Tickets/ Print out Boarding Passes, confirm your car/taxi service or shuttle. Confirm hotel reservations and anything else such as shore excursions.

Ensure you have a copy of all shore excursions whether purchased from Royal or from a private operator. Be sure to include the description page of the tour in case your tour does not go according to plan along with a receipt of the purchase.

If you plan on purchasing shore excursions onbaord be sure to print off the tour summary with tour code so you can take it up to the shore excursion desk on your first day.

If you are planning on taking a private tour and decide to book it once on dock take copies of the tour descriptions and tour operators and go with the one that has what you are looking for.

Print out Google Maps or download offline maps to your cellphone if you want to venture out independently.

If you have time go to your AAA office or one in the embarkation city and get an International Drivers License if you want to rent a car for the time you are at your port of call city.

Set some lights at your home to go on automatically and turn off at certain times.

Verify your sprinkler/irrigation system is set to automatic

Turn off your hot water heater, Toilets etc.

Set your Thermostat to 62

Ensure that anything electronic is turned off or unplugged

Possibly leave on a radio with music to make it sound like someone is at home.

Ensure that you have someone to pickup your mail or stop it as well as newspapers.

Be sure to have copies of the front page of your passport. Make 2-3 of them and place them in your carry on and in the suitcase of your spouse and vice versa.

Also make a copy of your credit card and put it in a secure place along with the emergency phone number of your credit card company.

Be sure to save a file if bringing a laptop of your Reservation# see if you can Scan your SetSail Pass into your computer so if you need it for any reason.

Also be sure to give the emergency contact # for the ship to your loved ones/neighbor or house sitter along with a Pre Paid Debit Card so they won't be charged for the call.

Print out deck plans as well and have a page with the listing of dining venues, what you need to do on the first day once onbaord such as confirm dining assignment, make specialty dining reservations.

Confirm Airline Tickets/ Print out Boarding Passes, confirm your car/taxi service or shuttle. Confirm hotel reservations and anything else such as shore excursions.

Ensure you have a copy of all shore excursions whether purchased from Royal or from a private operator. Be sure to include the description page of the tour in case your tour does not go according to plan along with a receipt of the purchase.

If you plan on purchasing shore excursions onbaord be sure to print off the tour summary with tour code so you can take it up to the shore excursion desk on your first day.

If you are planning on taking a private tour and decide to book it once on dock take copies of the tour descriptions and tour operators and go with the one that has what you are looking for.

Print out Google Maps or download offline maps to your cellphone if you want to venture out independently.

If you have time go to your AAA office or one in the embarkation city and get an International Drivers License if you want to rent a car for the time you are at your port of call city.

Set some lights at your home to go on automatically and turn off at certain times.

Verify your sprinkler/irrigation system is set to automatic

Turn off your hot water heater, Toilets etc.

Set your Thermostat to 62

Ensure that anything electronic is turned off or unplugged

Possibly leave on a radio with music to make it sound like someone is at home.

Ensure that you have someone to pickup your mail or stop it as well as newspapers.

Wow, That is impressive! Thank you so much for all the great advice.

Sorry if these have been said but I didn't have time to read the others....

- a travel clock for your cabin if you like to know the time

- a watch to tell the time in port

- a battery operated night light or fake candle or LED light for the dark cabin or the bathroom

- an empty reusable water bottle for the gym or to fill and bring on an excursion

- a beach bag or back pack for excursions

- a pen or marker to circle things on the program each day

- sunglasses

- wine

- a lanyard if you think you might prefer to wear your sea pass card