how far out fttf

jmcancruise

If you need /want to purchase FTTF I'd suggest that you check daily :eek:! The last time we wanted to buy it we were way too late on a cruise that was almost a year away :confused:!

JMHO,

Unfortunately, you will have to check MULTIPLE times a day, to see if they release more spots.

Last year, nothing opened up.

This year, I got lucky and saw 20 spots open up.

Those 20 spots lasted 4 days, and they were SOLD OUT.

Keep checking!!! Good Luck!!!:D:D

I called carnival a couple days ago because my excursions are not showing up. They said that excursions do not become available until 160 days before your cruise. This must be incorrect. Looking to get FTTF also.

I called carnival a couple days ago because my excursions are not showing up. They said that excursions do not become available until 160 days before your cruise. This must be incorrect. Looking to get FTTF also.

You might be right since I'm 300 days away and I can't see any excursions.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We got ours 32 days out for our upcoming Liberty cruise, checked every day morning and afternoon , I heard they open up around 4:00 pm and that's when I saw 10 spots open up ! SCORE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know that's not true. I booked FTTF out of Miami for a cruise in October. I still have 214 days to and I booked that a month the a ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Each cruise will be different, it all depends on how fast the original block of FTTF sells out, it could be hundreds of days before or much closer to, then they assess how many Diamond, Platinum guests they have about 30 days out and may open up spots, anywhere from 1-20 is what I've seen! There unfortunately is no real formula or way to tell, but I personal checked 2 times a day and just after 4 a day last week there were 10 spots !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We called Carnival, and were told that the amount if FTTF released depends on the amount of Platinum, etc. members book the same cruise as ours. The more platinum members, the less FTTF released for sale.

I thought it made sense, because early boarding should be meant as an exclusive thing, so take care of the platinum first, then release limited FTTF access.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The FTTF has been sold out for our May 10th Triumph cruise since January. Yesterday it opened up again but it's my guess they'll be gone within 48 hours. Between our roll call and other unmentioned social sites the word spreads quickly. I counted 15 sold just to one of my groups less than 10 hours after they opened up.

We booked in Nov. for the Dream in sailing in 19 days (04/05/14). FTTF was sold out then and has been. I check every day. Several times some have come up but during the day and its posted on that other site fb. Our roll call also mentioned it once but by the time I got home it was gone. Its total luck if one is avail. I tried Carnival but was told to keep checking. Bottom line............. Keep checking and good luck.

Ok twice a day for about 550 days. That is 1100 times. Say 1200 to round things off. If it takes me 5 minutes to check, then 6000 minutes total. That would be 100 hours. FTTF costs $50.00. Ok so here is the question. Is it worth it?

Ok twice a day for about 550 days. That is 1100 times. Say 1200 to round things off. If it takes me 5 minutes to check, then 6000 minutes total. That would be 100 hours. FTTF costs $50.00. Ok so here is the question. Is it worth it?

Well, not if it actually takes all 100 hours. But if it only takes ten hours of total time, then yes, it's worth it. Using your math, that would be 5 minutes x twice a day = ten minutes. Ten minutes a day x 60 days = 10 hours. And that wouldn't even have to be sixty days in a row.

Only you know what your time is worth. I can't imagine it taking 5 minutes, though. Just set a bookmark to the shore excursions page so once you log in to the Carnival site, you can go right to it. Maybe I'm speedy, but I can do all of that in less than 1 minute. :) Hopefully, you will have success long before you reach the 550th day.

You are right it wouldn't need to take that long, but I am not online that much and would have to.make the effort to go to the computer to do the job. Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but will probably take the the time needed as we purchased it last time and loved it

18 months! no, 3 months! No, 12 months! Rabbit Season! Duck Season!

I can clear up the confusion... I was told by the head shore excursion honcho, they start releasing for the following year around late April or May.

So now only 2014 (9 months out is available).

In a month or two, out through end of 2015. :D

So to answer OP, wait 6 weeks, then start checking daily, 10 times a day. ;)

Edited by Smart Arsenal Fan