Black Diamond Crown & Anchor Society Tier???

Same here, I have a few friends that are now PC or very close thereto and all are friendly and fun people both onboard and off.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that has yet to meet the uppity and complaining sort that so often get spoken of.

Maybe it's because I tend to hang out at the bar in the DL/CL and look for the other bon vivants in the room.

I'll be I. There one day with you sure

That is the sanctum of life the dl and cl. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once on the FOS a Pinnacle was really talking down to me and actually, in my opinion, trying to make us feel bad. She said in a rather huffy tone that tonight we will be dining with the Captain ( Hotel Director ). I got a kick out of saying to her at dinner that night " so nice to se you again ":)

I love it when that happens! :cool:

Once on the FOS a Pinnacle was really talking down to me and actually, in my opinion, trying to make us feel bad. She said in a rather huffy tone that tonight we will be dining with the Captain ( Hotel Director ). I got a kick out of saying to her at dinner that night " so nice to se you again ":)

Perfecto! Thanks for the smile :D

No, thank goodness he would never do that. :rolleyes:

Thank you. :) So, to summaraize, there are annoying and obnoxious people everywhere, but not all Pinnacles are that way -- just the ones who were annoying and obnoxious before they became Pinnacle. (If you've driven on the streets of the city where we live, you would have a new definition of annoying and obnoxious.)

I have a few friends that are Pinnacle and they are not that way. even the Pinnacle's I've encounter here on CC have been very pleasant to chat with. :D

I agree the nasty PC were nasty long before they became PC.

Hope you characterized the Ski Runs as scary not the C&A level. LOL. I would enjoy the perks even if they named the level after something I hated.

Yes, the ski run. I could never stand and peer over that cliff attempting to jump

off of it with set of skis and no parachute now! :eek: And just calling that level

"black diamond" would still remind me of that wild run! Good thing I am sticking to

cruising as a sport now. Bring on the perks...not the broken legs. :D

I dunno, Patti. Seemed like a natural progression, eh? ;)

It would be nice if they put the WOW in just "1" benefit when that 700th point is earned. Something that no other C&A level can have...........and I'm not talkin about a Gold SeaPass Card either!:D

Edited by cruisenfever

It would be nice if they put the WOW in just "1" benefit when that 700th point is earned. Something that no other C&A level can have...........and I'm not talkin about a Gold SeaPass Card either!:D

Price drops after final payment? Free gratuities? Combinations as of pre-2008? All of the above?

Price drops after final payment? Free gratuities? Combinations as of pre-2008? All of the above?

Good Choices:D

I think the complementary cruise is a WOW benefit, don't you?

Yes it is, but again, that is something that has to be "earned" at 700, 1050, 1400 points, etc.

I'm referring to a C&A benefit like Bob has mentioned above. A benefit that is only available to those that are PC Members that can be used on all cruises booked.

Edited by cruisenfever

I have a few friends that are Pinnacle and they are not that way. even the Pinnacle's I've encounter here on CC have been very pleasant to chat with. :D

Yep as said previous

They are rude and stuck up not by being a p but being themselves

Most are wonderful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love to read threads about Diamonds, Diamond + or PC. You can count on them going on for 15+ pages. :p

I am not trying to belittle the loyalty program. We were diamond for the first time on our last cruise. We felt like we had crossed into the promised land. :o:D;) It really enhanced our cruise.

I feel a cruise is a different experience when you have the benefit of the DL or CL. On our TA last fall it felt like everyone was at least D. [all of our dinner table was]

I agree for the most part. There are certainly a couple exceptions...and those are people I can see were always kinda messed up...but for the most part, the PC members I know are pretty cool. Some, I've even become good friends with...and I'm generally the type who doesn't like people. :D

I had something similar happen on the Liberty earlier this year.....only these people were Platinum. There were separate lines outside the terminal...one line for general boarding, the other line being priority for Platinum and above. When we approached and were briefly trying to figure out which line to get in, a lady in the group, very obnoxiously, said in her Northeast U.S. accent "this is priority only. You're line is over there." This, of course, was followed by a snotty look...from her orange colored spray tan face. You get the picture. And for some reason, it was followed by her group laughing and doing a little crap talking amongst themselves. I just ignored them at the time because it wasn't worth it....that, and I knew we would get ours shortly.

The look on her face was priceless in the upstairs priority waiting area when her group was in the Platinum seating and my group was in the D+ seating. My wife winked at her when we boarded the ship and she was still way back in the line. Sweet justice...and she deserved it. :D

God help us if and when that woman becomes D or even higher. :eek:

Edited by Aquahound

Good Choices:D

Yes it is, but again, that is something that has to be "earned" at 700, 1050, 1400 points, etc.

I'm referring to a C&A benefit like Bob has mentioned above. A benefit that is only available to those that are PC Members that can be used on all cruises booked.

You get a nifty lapel pin. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You get a nifty lapel pin. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

There are lapel pins and then there are name badges.

The name badge that is issued is large and heavy (doesn't really wear well on light weight fabrics) and when wearing them it makes us feel like employees at some major hotel chain.:o

Plus, I don't feel that wearing that name badge should get us any better service from staff/crew than a person that is cruising for the first time. But that's just us!

I think it's hilarious! Great job on getting him trained to stay on

your signature page. :p

He had to pass a test and promise not to wander. :eek: (I'm tempted to add, just like DH, but he's sitting right next to me at the moment, so better not, lol!)

All excellent suggestions. :) I have noticed the D+ desk's most savvy agents will refer to the D+ balcony discount as Pinnacle discount, even though they are identical. :rolleyes: :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

There are lapel pins and then there are name badges.

The name badge that is issued is large and heavy (doesn't really wear well on light weight fabrics) and when wearing them it makes us feel like employees at some major hotel chain.:o

Plus, I don't feel that wearing that name badge should get us any better service from staff/crew than a person that is cruising for the first time. But that's just us!

Mine was :D:D:D

All benefits are appreciated, some more than others. :) Definitely the free cruise is higher on the list than the name badges, which Patti has said are too heavy.

I will accept anything that comes my way. :p

He had to pass a test and promise not to wander. :eek: (I'm tempted to add, just like DH, but he's sitting right next to me at the moment, so better not

LOL!! Good idea...helps keep peace in the family and the "bugs" out of the

relationship. :p :p

Nope not just you, I agree totally. Lets face it we would not have returned each time if the service we received was not good or great each time.

We are still fairly young ( well Mrs C is ) and rarely wear our Pinnacle Name Tags and enjoy it when other cruisers in the lounge or around the ship tell us about their cruise experiences and offer advice as to what we should do to enjoy ours more. Lets face it listening to others views is a great way of learning what to do ( or what to miss ). We enjoy and appreciate the recognition from Senior Staff that know us as Pinnacle members, but do not cruise solely for it, or feel as if our £/$ is worth more than anyone else's :eek:

.............Plus, I don't feel that wearing that name badge should get us any better service from staff/crew than a person that is cruising for the first time. But that's just us!

Nope not just you, I agree totally. Lets face it we would not have returned each time if the service we received was not good or great each time.

We are still fairly young ( well Mrs C is ) and rarely wear our Pinnacle Name Tags and enjoy it when other cruisers in the lounge or around the ship tell us about their cruise experiences and offer advice as to what we should do to enjoy ours more. Lets face it listening to others views is a great way of learning what to do ( or what to miss ). We enjoy and appreciate the recognition from Senior Staff that know us as Pinnacle members, but do not cruise solely for it, or feel as if our £/$ is worth more than anyone else's :eek:

Going incognito is probably the most fun!:)

Going incognito is probably the most fun!:)

On the elevator during our last cruise we had a lady that bragged to us that

she had just made Emerald. She asked if we had made it to that level yet. I told

her we would probably never make it there, but congratulated her. She beamed a

big smile and told me I might make it some day and walked off.

True statement...it is!! We were on Jewel? (I think) quite a while back during "the change"

and went from Platinum to Diamond on one cruise. Never made Emerald. Drats...and

we never got our pins either. ;) :p

Edited by island lady

I didn't read every page , so someone else might have already thought of this but .........

In honor of our lost "chocolates" on the pillow, The new tier should be CHOCOLATE DIAMOND :D

No...the DH would probably get up in the middle of the night

and try to eat that pin!! :eek: :p

Edited by island lady