Black Diamond Crown & Anchor Society Tier???

Not always. We are well above the 350 level and often there is NO "dinner" with an officer. Sometimes there is nothing, a few times it was a large breakfast that included all D, D+ and P and "officers" at various tables. A few of the highest passengers are seated at tables with a ranking officer. Others sit where they can find a seat. Once we sat with a clerk from the Britto shop, another time we sat with the sport deck manger. Nice folks, but hardly officers.

M

I also have regularly missed the dinner with an officer. But it is a stated perk not on short cruises

But royal is not known for consistency either

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had forgotten all about this thread!

I went on EN back in May. I can confirm that the signs for C&A members included "Black Diamond" for members with more than 350 points; "Tanzanite" for new cruisers that will believe anything; and finally "Green-With-Envy Diamond Plus" for those at or above the 650 point level.

The sign now sports nearly every color of the rainbow. It's like an old school Benetton ad!

Love this post. As usual you make me smile. :):):):)

Yeah it's a big gap d+ to p but can be done

I would expect they will put one at 340 or 350 for the main change of amenity and sole occupancy us dinner with officer plus also another at 525 where next amenity comes in

I hate to be picky but it is now "Meal with an officer" not dinner.:eek:

I hate to be picky but it is now "Meal with an officer" not dinner.:eek:

Not dinner and NOT necessarily with an officer. Our last two Freedom cruises, there was no "special" meal with an officer for those at 350 points and above. There was a breakfast/brunch for ALL D, D+ and Pinnacle cruisers (It may have included Platinum - Is simply do not recall) regardless of points. It may have been combined with the "upper tier event". In any case, there was a staff person at every table. There was one table reserved for a few folks and senior staff - hotel director. Everyone else just took an available seat at any table. We sat with the store clerk and 4 folks who just became Diamond. It was a pleasant event, but no where near what was previously offered. There was a set menu with perhaps 3 brunch type choices. They offered one mimosa.

On an Allure cruise, there was no meal of any type.

Quite a bit different from the past when, after 350 points, we were invited to dine with an officer (mostly but not always) on formal night.

I guess the numbers are simply to high to offer that type of perk these days. 350 points used to be a lot.

M

Not always. We are well above the 350 level and often there is NO "dinner" with an officer. Sometimes there is nothing, a few times it was a large breakfast that included all D, D+ and P and "officers" at various tables. A few of the highest passengers are seated at tables with a ranking officer. Others sit where they can find a seat. Once we sat with a clerk from the Britto shop, another time we sat with the sport deck manger. Nice folks, but hardly officers.

M

We did not see the "meal" with an officer kick in until we were in the mid 500 point range.:)

Sounds like something linked to MGM.

Hi Arzeena,

Just was going through some of the posts and saw your name. How are you and RJ doing? Hope everything is well with you and your family. our next cruise is Dec. 1 on the Quantum. Are you guys cruising anytime soon? Btw, how are you doing with all your trivia contests? Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Reeve

We did not see the "meal" with an officer kick in until we were in the mid 500 point range.:)

NoT sure why it took mid 500 points as it is as a published perk with C&A at 340 points. (7 nights or longer cruise). It has been around for years. Lately we've seen it change a good bit.

M

I would rather be given dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant rather then meal with an officer.

You can have that meal.......but you will have to pay for it.

Seriously, why should RC give you a free dinner for two in a specialty restaurant?

They are offering you a regular meal, which just happens to have someone from RC (it has always been someone with SOME stripes, for me), sitting at your table.

We have always had the meal with an officer....true that a while back it was a special menu with nice wine and always some officers with stripes...always very pleasant and informative. Sometimes at lunch and sometimes for dinner.

Lately its been during a Brasserie 30 (just the normal menu) red or white wine but its always fun and very informative.

I think its a nice perk!

M

I'll probably end up with the window washer :D

Yes, right now the big problem is the huge gap between Diamond Plus (175) and Pinnacle (700).

Many if us have reached Diamond Plus but know it would be near impossible to reach Pinnacle while we are still alive.:) So why bother trying to get there?

If we continue to cruise like we do, I need to live to be 88... and remember why I'm trying to do this.

But I agree with your line of thinking, that gap is just phenomenal and is calling out for an additional tier.

Several Pinnacles we chatted with noted that Emerald was the result of "a typo." Seems crazy to me, but wondering if this was some attempt to create a new tier at 550 or 355 points that went awry? Or just a little fun with the rookies.

Pinnacle shminnacle. I don't care about the gab between D+ and Pinnacle. When created, it was my understanding D+ is still the highest level and Pinnacle is just a special recognition for those who reach a certain level incomprehensible to most people. Heck, even at 300 points, my friends think I'm insane. :o

That's what makes Pinnacle so special from the rest of the tiers is that there are such big gap. If it weren't for the gaps then everyone would be Pinnacle and that would be no fun. I think the tiers should just stay the way they are.

Me too.

Pinnacle shminnacle. I don't care about the gab between D+ and Pinnacle. When created, it was my understanding D+ is still the highest level and Pinnacle is just a special recognition for those who reach a certain level incomprehensible to most people. Heck, even at 300 points, my friends think I'm insane. :o

Agreed...I'm still a few away from 80 points with RCI and my friends think I'm the crazy cruise lady. If only they read cruise critic, they would think I were sane!

I do think that Pinnacle was created for that special recognition, only meant for a minority. I almost wish they wouldn't publish the "Pinnacle" level so Diamond Plus would be the advertised, highest tier. Since they have the extra "unnamed" level at 340 or 350, it seems it wouldn't hurt to "name" it...although if they did that, many Gold/Platinum and even Emerald folks would think it were unattainable and may be discouraged by the amount of levels.

you may have spied the new tier that these boards have been postulating about for almost 6 months now. There was a rumor that RCI was going to add another tier between D+ and P...now we know. It's called Black Diamond but we don't know yet how many points are needed to attain it.
Wonder what points will be needed to be a Black Diamond. I think either 525 or 350.

Not dinner and NOT necessarily with an officer. Our last two Freedom cruises, there was no "special" meal with an officer for those at 350 points and above. There was a breakfast/brunch for ALL D, D+ and Pinnacle cruisers (It may have included Platinum - Is simply do not recall) regardless of points. It may have been combined with the "upper tier event". In any case, there was a staff person at every table. There was one table reserved for a few folks and senior staff - hotel director. Everyone else just took an available seat at any table. We sat with the store clerk and 4 folks who just became Diamond. It was a pleasant event, but no where near what was previously offered. There was a set menu with perhaps 3 brunch type choices. They offered one mimosa.

On an Allure cruise, there was no meal of any type.

Quite a bit different from the past when, after 350 points, we were invited to dine with an officer (mostly but not always) on formal night.

I guess the numbers are simply to high to offer that type of perk these days. 350 points used to be a lot.

M

FR now has the breakfast with Mimosas and a special menu for folks with 340 or more points -- meal with an officer. We enjoyed the breakfast in May and sat with the Hotel Director and HR Manager. There were only 3 tables on the top DR level and I think they sat Pinnacles with the Captain.

Agreed...I'm still a few away from 80 points with RCI and my friends think I'm the crazy cruise lady. If only they read cruise critic, they would think I were sane!

I do think that Pinnacle was created for that special recognition, only meant for a minority. I almost wish they wouldn't publish the "Pinnacle" level so Diamond Plus would be the advertised, highest tier. Since they have the extra "unnamed" level at 340 or 350, it seems it wouldn't hurt to "name" it...although if they did that, many Gold/Platinum and even Emerald folks would think it were unattainable and may be discouraged by the amount of levels.

what's up with the 340 and 350 point tiers anyway. I'll bet it was the result of a misread memo from Marketing to IT. ;)

I'm not sure but I think there are well over 1000 Pinnacle Club members...

I think there was just over 200 initial members when this tier was created.

It seems that they will have to find a new goal for these loyal cruisers very soon....maybe Pinnacle Plus at 2000 points....

Edited by robandana

I'm not sure but I think there are well over 1000 Pinnacle Club members...

I think there was just over 200 initial members when this tier was created.

It seems that they will have to find a new goal for these loyal cruisers very soon....maybe Pinnacle Plus at 2000 points....

Oh god hope not

Most I know are point aiming anyhow as you get a perk every 350 after of a cruise so don't know the worth in that

I only just got to p