kids 17 and under sail free

memoie

I'm looking for a cruise line that allows kids 17 and under to cruise free. We are not set on any particular place right at this moment but are more interested in the cruise lines that allow for 17 and unders to cruise free. Can anyone help me out here. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a cruise line that allows kids 17 and under to cruise free. We are not set on any particular place right at this moment but are more interested in the cruise lines that allow for 17 and unders to cruise free. Can anyone help me out here. Thanks in advance.

From time to time cruse lines will offer specials or promotions for kids or 3rd and 4th passengers in the same stateroom at a reduced rate or at n/c. But as a rule most cruise line's policy is each passenger pays a stateroom rate regardless of age. (unless in some cases under 2 years old).

That being said, RCI (Royal Caribbean) is currently offering a promotion for kids / 3rd. & 4th passengers sail for free on bookings made by 3/31/14 on certain sailings.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Unlike a land resort, cruising has a cost for every body that goes on the ship, regardless of age. Now, some cruiselines will offer Kids Sail Free promotions (usually on cruises that aren't selling as well as they would like), but you have to check with each cruiseline and see if they are offering it or not.

As others have said "kids sail free" tends to be offered only when demand is low. You're no likely to see such a promotion during school vacations when demand is high. No cruise line, even Disney, has a blanket "kids sail free' policy. Whether of not you would take a child out of school for a cruise depends upon a host of factors. You as a parent would have to take this up in consultation with your child's teacher.

Royal Caribbean has this promotion but since I don't have kids I'm not sure what the age out off is

the RCI sale is 3 and 4th pax in the cabin regardless of age is free( taxes and port fees only)

any line that does offer this sort of deal LIMITS not only the number of berths each sailing but the ships and itineraries/dates as well

no line has a blanket policy of kids sail free.

As others have said "kids sail free" tends to be offered only when demand is low. You're no likely to see such a promotion during school vacations when demand is high. No cruise line, even Disney, has a blanket "kids sail free' policy. Whether of not you would take a child out of school for a cruise depends upon a host of factors. You as a parent would have to take this up in consultation with your child's teacher.

It seems when I see one of these promotions, it's when school is in session. So maybe a better bargain for families with non-schooled age (or homeschooled) kids. And often on a line that I won't sail on (such as NCL).

We have always been able to get the third passenger rate (which doesn't have an age requirement) for our daughter, even during holiday cruises.

The kids under 17 promo is usually on MSC, and the kids have to occupy the same cabin as the parents. There must be two fare paying passengers in the cabin...Not one parent and two kids. EM

MSC almost always allows kids under age 11 to sail free.

Most lines with a "kids sail free" promotion have a limit of about age 12, after that you're not really a kid, but a teen.

OP, I assume your kids are in high school in which case what you are looking for is a 3rd/4th passenger sails free deal. Keep in mind with these sorts of deals, it also means the "free" passengers must be booked into the same cabin.

Edited by Lerin

MSC almost always allows kids under age 11 to sail free.

Most lines with a "kids sail free" promotion have a limit of about age 12, after that you're not really a kid, but a teen.

OP, I assume your kids are in high school in which case what you are looking for is a 3rd/4th passenger sails free deal. Keep in mind with these sorts of deals, it also means the "free" passengers must be booked into the same cabin.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC/Kids-Sail-Free.aspx

Up to 17 sail at a reduced rate. EM

The kids sail free promo on ncl right now til end of the month is actually kids of any age sail free...3rd + passenger is free regardless of age! On select sailings. But you have to pay taxes and port charges.