Payments in Mexico

EasyBreezy83

We reserved a day at Mr.Sanchos online, but the place only let us pay a deposit upfront and said the rest needed to be paid at Mr.Sanchos. Question: Can I pay that in US dollars, on my debit card, or what?? Anyone know?? :confused:

Thanks

We reserved a day at Mr.Sanchos online, but the place only let us pay a deposit upfront and said the rest needed to be paid at Mr.Sanchos. Question: Can I pay that in US dollars, on my debit card, or what?? Anyone know?? :confused:

Thanks

I would not pay for anything outside the US on a debit card.

Mr. Sancho's collects their money upon arrival, and yes, they do take credit cards.

The $10 deposit you paid ahead of time is for the booking agent, and is therefore refundable in most cases.

We love Mr. Sanchos, and when visiting Coz, is the only place we go.

We paid though Cozumel Water Sports. Am I allowed to say that? I honestly don't know?? :o They charged like $16 or something upfront to reserve, and they gave me my booking info and all of that to take to Mr. Sanchos when we get there. I was hoping to be able to pay the whole thing now and just have done with it so I would have one less then to worry about, but, such is life. :rolleyes:

So, can I pay Mr. Sanchos in US dollars when we are there? I'm just not sure how to go about paying them. I don't have credit cards, so the only "card" I have to use is my debit.

And glad to hear you all love it. We've heard GREAT things about this place, which is why we booked it. This excursion day will also be my husbands birthday!! Great way to celebrate, huh? :D

If you use your debit it will charge in pesos and then convert to USD.... no big deal. Just make sure to call your bank ahead of time to set up your travel plan so your dc doesn't get flagged for fraud.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

It's always funny to me how people say never use your debit card outside of the US. I travel extensively outside of the US for my job and that's all I use. If your debit card has a VISA/MC logo, you are offered the same protections. Use your debit card at Mr. Sanchos and feel safe with doing so. I've even used it there myself on two occasions.

Use cash. The Visa/MC logos only mean that the transactions can be ran across those networks. You do not have the same protections. At the end of the day would you rather someone wipeout our your checking account that you pay your rent or mortgage from or eat up your credit limit that you are protected from having to pay for fraudulent charges. Yes, you should get the money back in your checking, but how long depends on your bank. As a banker, i don't even use my debit card in this country, let alone outside its borders.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Use cash. The Visa/MC logos only mean that the transactions can be ran across those networks. You do not have the same protections. At the end of the day would you rather someone wipeout our your checking account that you pay your rent or mortgage from or eat up your credit limit that you are protected from having to pay for fraudulent charges. Yes, you should get the money back in your checking, but how long depends on your bank. As a banker, i don't even use my debit card in this country, let alone outside its borders.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Guess I have been lucky over the last 21 years of traveling outside of the US and using mine. Comes down to personal choice I guess and what you feel comfortable with. I personally feel comfortable using mine and do so often in Europe, Asia and South America. Have fun at Mr. Sanchos, regardless of how you pay for it lol...

It's always funny to me how people say never use your debit card outside of the US. I travel extensively outside of the US for my job and that's all I use. If your debit card has a VISA/MC logo, you are offered the same protections. Use your debit card at Mr. Sanchos and feel safe with doing so. I've even used it there myself on two occasions.

I ALWAYS use mine. I don't like to carry a lot of cash.

Back when I enjoyed our version of spring break (i.e. graduates that made enough to travel) when you paid for an excursion with a credit card, long before electronic banking (about 1991) they would use the three part slip with a sheet of carbon and do a rubbing of the card. Long before we worried about identity theft, of course they couldn't check for available credit either. Of course they posted our grades then by SSN too...