Caribbean Princess unable to leave port today :(

mjrich73

Latest update: Still no time frame given for when the shipping channel may be open. Princess is giving us 100% refund and 25% off a future cruise. If we are able to leave tomorrow, we will have one port day. If we can leave day after tomorrow, we will have four days at sea. We will be allowed to disembark and visit Houston tomorrow. We are also being allowed to disembark and return home. They said for us to stay and enjoy the ship like it was a hotel. Not sure what we will decide...

Our friends are staying on board for the shortened trip. She said they could get off or stay on. Why would you get off? Is now a free vacation.

Our only reason for considering getting off is so we can get back to work and still have a vacation week available to cruise!

Our friends are staying on board for the short trip. She said they could get off or stay on. Why would you get off? Is now a free vacation.

Free vacation with little to do. I'm already bored out of my mind! There's only so much trivia, bingo and food you can eat in 7 days. LOL

DH and I haven't decided what to do yet, but are giving serious thought to disembarking and doing a road trip to New Orleans and San Antonio.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And still go on a shortened cruise?

Yes even if we sail the cruise is refunded and could still get one port if we are lucky.

Got to give princess credit for stepping up like that. I personally would rather have paid and sailed but can't complain of free food and entertainment. Like going skiing or many other activities where they don't care but take your money.

They let the crew off if they can get transportation and the same for us.

Latest update: Still no time frame given for when the shipping channel may be open. Princess is giving us 100% refund and 25% off a future cruise. If we are able to leave tomorrow, we will have one port day. If we can leave day after tomorrow, we will have four days at sea. We will be allowed to disembark and visit Houston tomorrow. We are also being allowed to disembark and return home. They said for us to stay and enjoy the ship like it was a hotel. Not sure what we will decide...

Well if I had any doubt about buying Princess stock, I do not now. WTG Princess. Myself, I would stay on the ship, you still have room, food and entertainment. If I don't have to clean or cook, to me --- that's a vacation! :cool:

Yes, refund and 25% credit is given even if we cruise out tomorrow. You can choose to stay onboard or disembark and still receive the same.

Sounds like Princess has done the best they can under the circumstances. I am sorry that the cruisers this week on the CB had their vacation plans ruined by something totally out of the control of Princess.

Well if I had any doubt about buying Princess stock, I do not now. WTG Princess. Myself, I would stay on the ship, you still have room, food and entertainment. If I don't have to clean or cook, to me --- that's a vacation! :cool:

you can't buy princess stock although you can buy carnival stock. and if i was a stock holder i would sell my shares.

Sounds like Princess has done the best they can under the circumstances. I am sorry that the cruisers this week on the CB had their vacation plans ruined by something totally out of the control of Princess.

Captain, crew & corporate have all done a wonderful job! I have not seen any disgruntled passenges... disappointed yes, but all making the best of the situation. I understand this was completely out of Princess's control and we were surprised and thankful for what has been offered to us!

What do you mean that they let the crew off? If the pax stay onboard (even going nowhere) they still need the crew.

In every port the non working crew gets time off and we won't be sailing so the captain came on and told them they could get off but had to be back to work tomorrow

I hate that vacations have been disrupted, but is sounds like Princess has done a wonderful job handling the situation. That is very generous compensation for something completely out of their control.

That is very generous for something completely out of their control. If it were me, I'd stay onboard, relax and enjoy my cruise to nowhere. :)

you can't buy princess stock although you can buy carnival stock. and if i was a stock holder i would sell my shares.

I'm hanging on to mine. I get $100 OBC for being a stockholder every time I cruise w Princess. Over time, that will pay for the stock :) It's up quite a bit from when I bought it anyway, so I'm OK. :)

This just cements to us that our one and only voyage from Bayport will be our last. There are way to many ports that are not as problematic logistically to give it another shot.

I'm sure Princess is well aware that they made a grave mistake with Bayport, but only time will tell.

Free vacation with little to do. I'm already bored out of my mind! There's only so much trivia, bingo and food you can eat in 7 days. LOL

DH and I haven't decided what to do yet, but are giving serious thought to disembarking and doing a road trip to New Orleans and San Antonio.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry about this terrible experience. Wondering how you take a road trip from Houston to San Antonio and New Orleans?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

While we are very sad that the vacation we had planned isn't possible, Princess' more than generous response takes a bit of the sting out of our disappointment. We really wanted to visit Roatan and Belize, so if Princess doesn't discontinue sailing from Bayport, we would try again.

I just wish the weather was better, then staying tied to the pier would be much more tolerable.

I'm hanging on to mine. I get $100 OBC for being a stockholder every time I cruise w Princess. Over time, that will pay for the stock :) It's up quite a bit from when I bought it anyway, so I'm OK. :)

Not only does it pay for itself over time that OBC is tax free.. Add to that the quarterly dividend and it's a pretty nice deal..

Sorry about this terrible experience. Wondering how you take a road trip from Houston to San Antonio and New Orleans?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm pretty sure I10 takes you to both destinations, although in different directions. ;)