Getaway menus and price lists

johnql

Here's a link to a photo album from my 3/8/14 Getaway sailing. The album contains photos of most of the restaurant menus, some bar menus, mojito/martini tastings, Illusionarium menus, Wine Lovers the Musical menu, all of the Moderno salad bar item signs, miscellaneous price lists, a few photos of activities in the atrium, and a couple shots from our M&G.

Sorry - no MDR menus other than the lunch menu.

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Getaway%20Cruise%20030814/Menus%20and%20Price%20Lists?sort=2&page=1

Here's a link to a photo album from my 3/8/14 Getaway sailing. The album contains photos of most of the restaurant menus, some bar menus, mojito/martini tastings, Illusionarium menus, Wine Lovers the Musical menu, all of the Moderno salad bar item signs, miscellaneous price lists, a few photos of activities in the atrium, and a couple shots from our M&G.

Sorry - no MDR menus other than the lunch menu.

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Getaway%20Cruise%20030814/Menus%20and%20Price%20Lists?sort=2&page=1

Thank you!

Sailing Getaway May 3rd. Thanks so much for posting. I had been curious about the "Atrium Cafe" It appears from your post that it is basically combined with Carlos Bakery and is not complimentary...Not that there will not be plenty of sweets to eat which are included on our cruise fare though...Thanks again!

Sailing Getaway May 3rd. Thanks so much for posting. I had been curious about the "Atrium Cafe" It appears from your post that it is basically combined with Carlos Bakery and is not complimentary...Not that there will not be plenty of sweets to eat which are included on our cruise fare though...Thanks again!

While almost all of the fare at Carlo's in the Atrium carries a charge, they usually put out a tray of complimentary cookies at the end of the counter. I didn't see it there all the time but it's there when they get the time to replenish it.

Tanks! Is possible menu linguage Spanish in Gateway, or only ingles?

The Hot/Cold Beverages menu that's in the atrium is multi-lingual. I recall Spanish at the very least (also, I think, French and German). I don't recall any other menus that were in anything other than English.

The Hot/Cold Beverages menu that's in the atrium is multi-lingual. I recall Spanish at the very least (also, I think, French and German). I don't recall any other menus that were in anything other than English.

Tanks!

I ask butler!

Thanks so much Johnql for putting so much info together in one place. I've always enjoyed your informative posts and this one is no exception!

We were on Breakaway in Jan. when they were rolling out the new main DR dinner & lunch menus. For lunch, there was "A" and "B" and we were told they were going to rotate them when the DR is open - even on a one wk cruise. I see you've posted one of them and just curious whether there was a 2nd?

We liked both of them as well as the new dinner menus, but ours was a 12 nighter so had a chance to sample quite a few of them.

Did you go to any of the theater shows? What did you think?

Thanks again. Loved flipping through all the info.

Thanks so much Johnql for putting so much info together in one place. I've always enjoyed your informative posts and this one is no exception!

We were on Breakaway in Jan. when they were rolling out the new main DR dinner & lunch menus. For lunch' date=' there was "A" and "B" and we were told they were going to rotate them when the DR is open - even on a one wk cruise. I see you've posted one of them and just curious whether there was a 2nd?

We liked both of them as well as the new dinner menus, but ours was a 12 nighter so had a chance to sample quite a few of them.

Did you go to any of the theater shows? What did you think?

Thanks again. Loved flipping through all the info.[/quote']

Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry to say that I assumed (!) that there was only one new lunch menu. I never got a chance to check to see whether there was a different, second one.

Yes, I went to most of the theater shows. Here's a recap:

Illusionarium - very enjoyable show, especially since I'm a huge magic fan. I like the whole concept of bringing together five different magicians, each with his own specialty. Some of the illusions were not exactly new but still mystifying. A must-see imo. The dinner was fine. It certainly doesn't compare with what you could get in Le Bistro or Cagney's but it probably suits a dinner show in that the food doesn't distract from the show itself.

Wine Lovers the Musical lunch - fun, witty show with three actors who also appear in the Legally Blonde cast. Creative way of blending entertainment with an educational wine-tasting. As with Illusionarium, the food was good but nothing to rave about.

Legally Blonde - enjoyable show, good for families, with a positive message. As a frequent patron of Broadway musicals, I'm glad I didn't pay $100+ to see this show but it's excellent fare for a cruise ship.

Burn the Floor - saw this on the Breakaway and thought it was amazing. It's a different show on the Getaway but it's still excellent. Wonderfully talented dancers and great choreography.

Levity Entertainment Group - took in a show that featured Lisa Landry and Frank Townsend. I thought both were funny and engaging. The Headliners venue is great for this type of show.

Howl at the Moon - I wasn't all that impressed by this group of pianists/musicians. I attended the same show on the Breakaway and enjoyed that show much more. On the Getaway, I wasn't really impressed by the singers (particularly the weak voice of the female singer).

Grammy Experience - I did not take in any of the shows by Sammy Figueroa. Not my cup of tea. I did go through the exhibit during the day when the venue wasn't being used for live entertainment. The exhibit is worth seeing.

Ok let's just discuss the chicken nachos...that was the lunch menu? Eeeekkkk happy! (Yes silly but nachos are my go to fun I am on vaca food lol) and this menu should be on the gem soon?

Yes bad ;) but I love them (at least I didn't bring up lobster teehee)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ok let's just discuss the chicken nachos...that was the lunch menu? Eeeekkkk happy! (Yes silly but nachos are my go to fun I am on vaca food lol) and this menu should be on the gem soon?

Yes bad ;) but I love them (at least I didn't bring up lobster teehee)

The chicken nachos are fantastic! I had them on the Breakaway and the Getaway. Delicious. However, be forewarned - they could easily be your entire meal. It's a huge serving size and it's served as an appetizer. Perhaps sharing it would be ideal.

The chicken nachos are fantastic! I had them on the Breakaway and the Getaway. Delicious. However, be forewarned - they could easily be your entire meal. It's a huge serving size and it's served as an appetizer. Perhaps sharing it would be ideal.

Yea!!!! And they are good???? Woohoo!!!! Just wish they had them on a late night menu but whatever I will take them when I can get them:) (I am so easily amused!!!!)