How many NCL crew post here?

isdoo

With all these tipping questions and people promoting tipping for everything upfront and for giving extra, I just wondered if any of these people are crew?

Or am I just getting sceptical in my old age?

LOL

:D

(meant as a light hearted post)

With all these tipping questions and people promoting tipping for everything upfront and for giving extra, I just wondered if any of these people are crew?

LOL

Yes - unfortunately I believe you are getting too skeptical. :)

All though it is not obligatory by any means, many of us actually like to show our appreciation if somebody on board "went the extra mile" to make us happy, and tip extra for that kind of "behavior".... ;)

But that said - it is nothing wrong with saying thank you and show appreciation with a big smile instead of extra tipping.....

Edited by TrumpyNOR

With the crew having to pay for internet access, I think they prefer to spend their valuable time and money contacting friends and family, and don't have the desire to waste time trolling for tips here on CC. They do much better when providing superior service then fighting the never-ending tip battle on CC.

There used to be a crew member on the POA who sometimes posted, but it has been a long time since I've seen any posts from him.

Internet is expensive for crew members. And when they do have free time they probably like to get away from their jobs so posting and exchanging thoughts with passengers might not be high on the list.

There used to be a crew member on the POA who sometimes posted, but it has been a long time since I've seen any posts from him.

Internet is expensive for crew members. And when they do have free time they probably like to get away from their jobs so posting and exchanging thoughts with passengers might not be high on the list.

James "ohiocruiser" he is American so I wouldn't put him in the same class as most of the staff on board, but yes most of the staff spend their off time phoning/skiping, running for some groceries, snacks and Western Union to send their well earned money home. home when not on ship.

As for James he has posted on here in the last coouple months don't know what he is doing. We cruised with him to South America in 2008

With the crew having to pay for internet access, I think they prefer to spend their valuable time and money contacting friends and family, and don't have the desire to waste time trolling for tips here on CC. They do much better when providing superior service then fighting the never-ending tip battle on CC.

Rah, Rah for you. Yours is the best post I've read all day.

Why wouldn't crew post anonymously to see what is going on

Peoples thoughts about their cruise line

I am sure publicists do it for their clients all the time

And many of the reviews on yelp are probably written by friends of the owner of the store etc. That's why you should take it all with a grain of salt.

Ultimately who cares what others think

Make your own happiness and own memories

What's the big deal

LOL

I believe a certain % of crew do peruse these pages but certainly only when they are in port and have free internet. But those times I would think family is more important than us. Also, even though they have a command of the spoken English language it would be easy to spot a written post if made by foreign crew.

Please no one needs to get uppity about that comment as it is more than likely true and I am all about being able to state what I believe to be true without worrying about what posters here think.

so that being said, some crew will certainly read these posts and some will certainly comment and some will post here saying that they are pax and that they always give the stewards and waiters a $100 extra cash tip on top of auto pay.

Point is take everything from the source on these boards...which simply means we are all anonymous posters

It doesn't mean that we are all liars and connivers

I know I post good info regarding cruise issues as well as posting my opinion, which of course I trust. LOL

FWIW I have gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and info from the boards.

Most of it correct. But then again I am able to sift thru the chromic complainer posts and I also have never encountered some of the problems that many here seem to always encounter.

Maybe it is because I know what to expect from a cruise, maybe it is because I scour CC every day or maybe I am easy to please. LOL

And James did not work for tips. I believe he wasat the front desk. He did contribute a lot and gave great insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I agree he was very informative. I've seen his posts every now and then. Guess he's onto bigger and brighter things.

There also used to be a Mom of a crew member that posted.

I agree with a few others that the regular tipped crew from other than the POA are too busy keeping in contact with family and doing what they need to do in port, than spend time on this site.

If, in fact, there are any crew at all that do post here to solicit better tipping, I would imagine that the generous passengers who actually do tip extra and on these boards outnumber those crew members exponentially.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

LOL

You are getting sceptical.

I doubt the crew post here but you can bet your bottom dollar that some of the corporate people do.

If you watch their posts it's pretty easy to pick them out ;)

Just go to the 'Buy Insurance Thread", they are there full time.:confused:

On one of My Cruises I was talking to my Room Steward about the Meet n Greet and he mentioned he was familiar with Cruise Critic as when he had his "vacation" he would come on and read how things were going on his past ship and information on any new upcoming contract ships. He said he didn't post just read.

I remember after getting off of our Spirit cruise, I came back raving how great the crew was at the kids club and there were actually 2 posters that commented on my post and THEY WERE THE COUNSELORS. They were wonderful and we chit chatted back and forth. I don't know if they are still on here or not, but they do get on sometimes.