Kids sail free on Carnival!

Saltz

Assuming the rates are fixed and functioning properly on the website - this is false advertisement. What an underhanded, devious promotion! The cruise I currently have booked was $1379.00 for the 1st & 2nd person and $549.00 for the 3rd person - for an average cruise fare of $1103 per person (which is the price of the Summer Go Sail - except I booked through a TA and have $300 OBC also). Under the 'new' KIDS SAIL FREE promotion, the same exact cruise is $1789 for the 1st & 2nd person and $0 for the 3rd person, for an average cruise fare of $1,193 per person. So it's $270.00 more expensive.

Here's a news flash Carnival and I hope someone reads it - ADDING $400.00 each to the 1st and 2nd passenger does not equate to KIDS SAIL FREE. Someone should be called on the carpet over this nonsense!

Where do you see the Kids free promo?

I used fare viewer and tried a mock booking. I wasn't given that sale option at all. Maybe just the sailing I'm looking at?

I submitted the on board credit sale (Summer Go Sale) form twice. I never heard from Carnival. I emailed our PVP yesterday, he called me and made the change on the phone. Took less than 2 minutes.

I didn't know with a PVP, I didn't need to do the form.

Ok - so I just called back. I am in a 8E Cabin on the Lido Deck. I don't want to move cabins. There are no more 8E Cabins available but there is 8F on the spa deck. The 8F rate is lower than what I paid. She said that in order to get the OBC I would have to switch cabins - is that correct? I thought I could get the difference if a higher cabin was lower than what I paid without switching cabins??

Why would you expect the difference and remain in your 8E? It's another cabin in a different category on sale, not yours.

Why would you expect the difference and remain in your 8E? It's another cabin in a different category on sale, not yours.

I thought I could get the difference if a higher category was less than what I paid without switching rooms. I guess I was wrong on that...

well I just went through whole process for my wife and I to book by ourselves its 913pp but for my family with daughter her rate is free but my rate and wifes is 1439pp. what a ripoff... rcl and ncl are running true kids sail free. on hold now with carnival to let them know that this isn't right

I started a similar thread on RCCL board. Their kids free sale is the same thing, hiking the 1st and 2nd passenger rate before giving you 3rd and 4th free. However, on certain sails, you may still get some discount. I also noticed price drop on Carnival.

Edited by guxu

well I just went through whole process for my wife and I to book by ourselves its 913pp but for my family with daughter her rate is free but my rate and wifes is 1439pp. what a ripoff... rcl and ncl are running true kids sail free. on hold now with carnival to let them know that this isn't right

How sure are you RCCL and NCL are running true?

I believe you are right. They just averaged out the prices per person to make it look cheaper but it's really not. I have looked at enough prices for summer cruises for 4 to know that 2K last week is still the same as 2K this week. Nothing has changed and nothing is free.

This so called sale is misleading.. They are trying to charge me $800 to save $400 plus charge me a penalty to change and give up my onboard credit. Obviously you would have to be as dumb as a rock to change to this promo but I am trying to get somebody there to try to justify to me how they thought charging more to get something for free was a good promotion.. Talking to the third person now as nobody here can figure out what to say... What a joke...

Assuming the rates are fixed and functioning properly on the website - this is false advertisement. What an underhanded, devious promotion! The cruise I currently have booked was $1379.00 for the 1st & 2nd person and $549.00 for the 3rd person - for an average cruise fare of $1103 per person (which is the price of the Summer Go Sail - except I booked through a TA and have $300 OBC also). Under the 'new' KIDS SAIL FREE promotion, the same exact cruise is $1789 for the 1st & 2nd person and $0 for the 3rd person, for an average cruise fare of $1,193 per person. So it's $270.00 more expensive.

Here's a news flash Carnival and I hope someone reads it - ADDING $400.00 each to the 1st and 2nd passenger does not equate to KIDS SAIL FREE. Someone should be called on the carpet over this nonsense!

Very rare Carnival's SALE are really a bargain. IF you look at the numbers, like you did, you'll find the scam. They are after the first time unknowing cruisers.

My TA has reported that he and others @ his agency are seeing the cruise fare for guests 1&2 are increased with the Kids Free rate code (PKF) , same as RCI did with their Kids Free promo.

Compare the other Rate Codes (such as ES, PG, Res, SR ) that you may qualify for with this promo before booking it.

My TA has reported that he and others @ his agency are seeing the cruise fare for guests 1&2 are increased with the Kids Free rate code (PKF) , same as RCI did with their Kids Free promo.

Compare the other Rate Codes (such as ES, PG, Res, SR ) that you may qualify for with this promo before booking it.

If that is the case, the kids sail free promo is still the least expensive. I just checked the Breeze 07/19. Kids sail free for 4 in a balcony is $4,775.60 with cabin assignment. The next best rate for 4 was the Super Saver $4,813.60 for balcony guarantee.

I too wish the rate was less expensive, but I can't help but laugh when I read all the comments on this forum in regard to sales and how they are not "sales." Just because the price is not less than what someone paid previously doesn't mean it isn't a sale. If a promotion is being offered that wasn't offered previoulsy that is a sale.

Think again! Looks like the price of the cruise nearly doubles if you select the "kids sail free" price! What a rip off. False advertisement!!!! :mad:

Agreed. Total crap and very deceptive. If you're going to have a competitive sale, make it a real deal. Don't just have "kids sail free" to compete with RCCL and then prices are actually much higher, and not even close to the decent deal I already have. I'm annoyed, can you tell? lol :mad:

There is another thread on this here that states that there is a problem with the Carnival website for the booking costs. They are working on it and are trying to get it corrected as quick as possible.

I called and got a much higher rate with the person at Carnival; I don't think this is a computer problem. She said that the rates were like $1350 (ish) for the first two people, then average out after that. Well if you only have 3 people, that is no deal...

Very rare Carnival's SALE are really a bargain. IF you look at the numbers, like you did, you'll find the scam. They are after the first time unknowing cruisers.

On the RCI board there were plenty of posts about the same "kids sail free" promo Carnival is now offering. Ditto with Norwegian. Some saved. Many did not. They always jack up the fares to some degree with this kind of promo. A member of our roll call just saved with her booking, so it is working for some. Besides, promotions/sales are geared towards new bookings. And if you book now for the first time with multiple people in your cabin, this rate is the cheapest.

One would think that a booking for two people in the same category, etc would be the same as when one adds 2 kids to the booking. But no, I just did a mock booking for 2 on the breeze for a balcony. When going with 4 people it jumps about a 1/3. Same category, deck, etc.

Wow, what a deceptive promotion. Shame on Carnival! We were watching a cruise for months for my family of 4. It is the same price now that it has been for months. No different with the kids sail free promotion. I'm glad we went with Norwegian kids sail free as theres really was a deal for us.