Current C&A Balcony Discounts With New OBC Amounts Effective 3/15/2014

So are these the only discounts for past cruisers? I always thought it was odd that there isn't a box to check for previously cruised RCCL when checking prices like there are for 55+, State/Province, etc.

Royal Caribbean has those rates as well. Previously cruised is a discount that begins at Platinum/balcony, but senior, state/province, military and police/firefighter rates are sometimes available. You have to go a little further in the booking process or to the advanced search to find boxes to check.

Thank you for posting the new info. Could someone please clarify if I am reading this correctly?

If I want to book a B2B 4 and 5 night sailing onboard I would get OBC for the 5 night but not the 4 night. Is that correct?

This whole thing had me frustrated too. We were on a Celebrity cruise and booked a cruise for the following year. We booked it on March 14, 2014 and got $230obc plus disc and reduced deposit on Celebrity. We chose that day so we wouldn't be fighting a ton of people on the last day of the cruise. Well plans changed and I was able to transfer the booking to RCL but only got $100 OBC for a 9 night in a JS. I was hoping they would consider the date we booked with RCL, but they used the original booking date. One day cost me $150 so to speak. :( oh well at least they transferred the booking. Good luck!

When booking a new cruise on the RCl website is there a way to get the balcony discount for diamond? I can't figure out how.

The small print online says "When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation". When booking there a spot to enter an offer code yet I can't find where to get one. :confused:

When booking a new cruise on the RCl website is there a way to get the balcony discount for diamond? I can't figure out how.

The small print online says "When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation". When booking there a spot to enter an offer code yet I can't find where to get one. :confused:

Just make sure you are logged in and when you check the price, it will automatically give you the price minus your discount.

Gwen :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I can never find this.

Make this thread (or, what I do is make just the single post I want) a bookmark, then it is always handy. Click on the number post you want - in this case, it is post #1 - click on the actual number of the post in the right hand upper corner (beside the red triangle alert button) and the post comes up in a separate window. Add it to your bookmarks and file/categorize it how you want. I have all my RCI stuff together. :)

• 1 month later...
Make this thread (or, what I do is make just the single post I want) a bookmark, then it is always handy. Click on the number post you want - in this case, it is post #1 - click on the actual number of the post in the right hand upper corner (beside the red triangle alert button) and the post comes up in a separate window. Add it to your bookmarks and file/categorize it how you want. I have all my RCI stuff together. :)

Good tip, didn't know how to get a single post. I knew it could be done but could not figure out how.

Denise

I just found out while booking the upcoming Oasis for this labor day weekend No balcony discount for two nighters regardless of C&A level.

That is correct. Balcony discounts/OBC used to be offered for the 3-5 night cruises but that was eliminated effective March 15, 2014. RCI never offered balcony discounts for sailings of less than 3 nights.

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm glad someone resurrected this old post. I was laboring under the impression that the NCC I bought last year had lost value as far as the OBC was concerned. Apparently not. The message is coming through loud and clear that I need to save that thing for when I'm ready to book my first transatlantic.

I guess that means I should pick up another NCC on my Majesty cruise next month for booking anything less than a TA.

...I guess that means I should pick up another NCC on my Majesty cruise next month for booking anything less than a TA.

I would not bother with another NCC. Their value in OBC has been greatly reduced. I'd book a specific cruise and then change it later.

I would not bother with another NCC. Their value in OBC has been greatly reduced. I'd book a specific cruise and then change it later.

OK ... walk me through the concept. We are looking to book another family cruise and the leading contender is a Southern 7-day out of San Juan in Summer 2016 (no itineraries listed yet). So if we choose to book one for Summer 2015 instead and then later move it to 2016, we manage to get the OBC and the reduced deposit, which moves to the new date. The kicker is that there are only 2 of us going on the Majesty next month ... and the family cruise would likely involve at least 4 cabins ... so can we get the reduced deposit and OBC only on 2 cabins?

I'm glad someone resurrected this old post. I was laboring under the impression that the NCC I bought last year had lost value as far as the OBC was concerned. Apparently not. The message is coming through loud and clear that I need to save that thing for when I'm ready to book my first transatlantic.

I guess that means I should pick up another NCC on my Majesty cruise next month for booking anything less than a TA.

Just an FYI, but below is a comparison of OBC when booking an Open Booking versus a Next Cruise. Here is the new OBC structure when booking on board:

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking). OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board (formerly known as a Future Cruise booking).OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Prior to March 15, 2014, the OBC (per cabin) from booking any type of cruise on board was

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

OK ... walk me through the concept. We are looking to book another family cruise and the leading contender is a Southern 7-day out of San Juan in Summer 2016 (no itineraries listed yet). So if we choose to book one for Summer 2015 instead and then later move it to 2016, we manage to get the OBC and the reduced deposit, which moves to the new date. The kicker is that there are only 2 of us going on the Majesty next month ... and the family cruise would likely involve at least 4 cabins ... so can we get the reduced deposit and OBC only on 2 cabins?

You can still get the NC certificates, except you will only get $25 OBC on a 7 day cruise. Same reduced deposit as before.

I don't know if the Loyalty Ambassador will allow you to create bookings for people not on the cruise.

Edited by clarea

I don't know if the Loyalty Ambassador will allow you to create bookings for people not on the cruise.

We did this very thing our last cruise. We were trying to book a corner aft deck 7 with only two people as we have done MANY times. The Loyalty Ambassador would not allow us to do so even with us in that same cabin on that current sailing. I said ok, can I book it if I have three people, he said yes. I gave him my son's name as the third passenger.

Once we arrived home, I called Miami, they removed my son from the booking and we now have that cabin.

Yes, you can give them names of people that are not sailing with you. I know my situation is a bit different but will probably end with the desired results.

Tim

Edited by HB Cruiser

Current C&A balcony discounts Per Cabin (as of 1/21/2011) are as follows:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Thank you for the information.

We did this very thing our last cruise. We were trying to book a corner aft deck 7 with only two people as we have done MANY times. The Loyalty Ambassador would not allow us to do so even with us in that same cabin on that current sailing. I said ok, can I book it if I have three people, he said yes. I gave him my son's name as the third passenger.

Once we arrived home, I called Miami, they removed my son from the booking and we now have that cabin.

Yes, you can give them names of people that are not sailing with you. I know my situation is a bit different but will probably end with the desired results.

Tim

With regard to emeraldcity's situation, they would have to book staterooms in which none of the occupants are on the cruise. We've done this a couple of times, but once we were refused, with the LA saying at least one person on the booking had to be onboard. It just depends on the particular LA.