Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Is there another scheduled press release?

Heard from a TA that there is a webinar next Monday at 3 PM. NCL claims in the invite that they will be releasing the most information communicated thus far. Whatever that means?

"On our next webinar you'll be the first to learn about Norwegian's next game-changing ship, Norwegian Escape, giving you a big competitive edge! You'll be among the first to hear the most news about the ship we've communicated thus far. PLUS you'll hear updates on Freestyle Choice, our richest Wave Season offer ever."

We Will Rock You is apparently going to be the show on Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas, which debuts on April lol. I'd be surprised if it also ends up on Escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Darn it!! I was hoping!

Hmmm ok now I'll have to try to think of another upbeat, family friendly show with mass appeal. Maybe the Addams Family?

Heard from a TA that there is a webinar next Monday at 3 PM. NCL claims in the invite that they will be releasing the most information communicated thus far. Whatever that means?

"On our next webinar you'll be the first to learn about Norwegian's next game-changing ship, Norwegian Escape, giving you a big competitive edge! You'll be among the first to hear the most news about the ship we've communicated thus far. PLUS you'll hear updates on Freestyle Choice, our richest Wave Season offer ever."

Great, thank you!

Wicked....?

Lion King?

I recently saw and loved Wicked but honestly don't see how they could pull it off on a cruise ship. The cast is too large and set too elaborate. I'd be shocked.

I saw Lion King a long time ago, can't remember much about the production.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Lion King & Aladdin are both Disney, not going to happen IMHO.

Into The Woods, Jersey Boys maybe? Sting has a new one on Broadway with the unfortunate title of "The Last Ship" as far as NCL

Rock of Ages isn't exactly family friendly & that caused some consternation on the Breakaway.

Hope it's great, whatever they choose.

Into The Woods, Jersey Boys maybe? Sting has a new one on Broadway with the unfortunate title of "The Last Ship" as far as NCL

Rock of Ages isn't exactly family friendly & that caused some consternation on the Breakaway.

Jersey Boys would be a great choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I vote for American Idiot, Book of Mormon, or Kinky Boots.

:D:p:cool:

Alison

Awesome! Works for me.

Truly didn't care for American Idiot as I am pretty well OVER jukebox musicals with not very interesting books, but, I do love Green Day, so could tolerate it.

Well, we can dream, right? [emoji12]

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Jersey boys!! That would be great! They should have put that on the breakaway - lol

Into the woods - disney kinda took that.

Once? Dream girls (blech)? The producers?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by TifffanyD

I vote for American Idiot, Book of Mormon, or Kinky Boots.

:D:p:cool:

Alison

I love Book of Mormon but I'd eat my... Whatever... If they pick that. Lots of swearing and objectionable content.

American idiot - awesome music but dark story.

Kinky boots - great idea! They did just book Priscilla on epic!

What about billy Elliot? Kinda dark and has language - but popular

Jersey Boys would be a great choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While Into The Woods is one of my faves, the themes are too adult for a family-oriented ship.

Jersey Boys is too replicable without paying royalties. They've done knock-offs before...

They could do the one that's the Carole King story...lots of good sing-along songs there... can't remember its name though.

Has it been announced somewhere that there will be a Broadway musical on Escape, or are we just assuming, since the other newer ships have one?

I think it's assumptions, but pretty fair and educated ones. I don't think it'll be anything with a huge production, like Wicked or any of the Disney shows, but Jersey Boys could work.

I seem to remember speculation that NCL didn't want to pay the big bucks that RCI did for long-running shows like Chicago, Hairspray, etc, which is how they ended up with Legally Blonde and Rock of Ages. That would limit the options to smaller-playing shows and shows that are no longer on Broadway, it would seem.

In any event, hopefully we'll know more soon!!

Jersey boys!! That would be great! They should have put that on the breakaway - lol

Into the woods - disney kinda took that.

Once? Dream girls (blech)? The producers?

And now I have songs from Once stuck in my head! lol That would be a great show. Minimal sets and cast, amazing music.

While I love Jersey Boys, I also love the Norwegian staple, "Oh What a Night", that I've seen many times on many of the ships. I doubt they'd put on a longer version (albeit a different one) of something they've had for years. One the other hand, it would be hard to tire of the music! :)

Do we think that the entertainment might be part of Monday's announcement?

My husband and I are debating between Getaway and Escape for next year and would like to book during this promotion. The prices between the two ships are pretty much the same, but the Getaway stops at GSC, which I wouldn't mind doing even though it takes away a sea day. But Escape will be new...

Knowing the entertainment would help us decide, but if not we'll just pick one and try the other at a different time.

I think it's assumptions, but pretty fair and educated ones. I don't think it'll be anything with a huge production, like Wicked or any of the Disney shows, but Jersey Boys could work.

I seem to remember speculation that NCL didn't want to pay the big bucks that RCI did for long-running shows like Chicago, Hairspray, etc, which is how they ended up with Legally Blonde and Rock of Ages. That would limit the options to smaller-playing shows and shows that are no longer on Broadway, it would seem.

In any event, hopefully we'll know more soon!!

and they need to come up with the money because RCCL has WAY better production shows. Some of these are just lame. Why even bother??

Do we think that the entertainment might be part of Monday's announcement?

My husband and I are debating between Getaway and Escape for next year and would like to book during this promotion. The prices between the two ships are pretty much the same, but the Getaway stops at GSC, which I wouldn't mind doing even though it takes away a sea day. But Escape will be new...

Knowing the entertainment would help us decide, but if not we'll just pick one and try the other at a different time.

I didn't care for Getaway ... too crowded, too narrow in a lot of places. I personally would not sail her again. The Escape looks to be wider, and it seems (just guessing) that they have solved some of the Getaway's issues with a wider ship. Even the balconies look to be bigger. I hope so, anyway. Another thing to consider is the start up crew. They will be moved from Getaway to the Escape. I don't know if that matters to you or not ... it does to us. They are the best, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of them again!

Beautiful, the Carol King musical, would be great, & I also loved Once since I play Irish harp. Maybe Jimmy Buffet will write a script around his music :) since Margaritaville is on the ship & he's written several books.

I can't wait to find out.

Beautiful, the Carol King musical, would be great, & I also loved Once since I play Irish harp. Maybe Jimmy Buffet will write a script around his music :) since Margaritaville is on the ship & he's written several books.

I can't wait to find out.

A jimmy buffet musical? That would be interesting.

If they went the performance art route (like blue man group), there was a fantastic show we saw called Voca People. A capella aliens - lol