Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

We are looking at booking a mid-ship balcony (BC) for our cruise in January - it's 10184 - does anyone have a pic of the ship that they could point to what the balcony would look like - help pls. Thank you.

Found a pic;

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/data/thumbnails_big/2668/50921.jpg

The yellow crane and near the end of the black glass, you will see angled balconies. The white tarp is deck 8, the cover of the Waterfront, the visible angled balcony is deck 9, above that is yours and above that there's a man standing at the railing of the deck 11 one. Hope this helps.

Beautiful!!!!

That deck 19 will be a popular place, in the pubic part there's also a water feature (1/3 the size of Vibe's, similar design) to cool off. It's in the corner at the port stairs from deck 18.

edit: so you'll have on the 19th; a bar, two hot tubs, two showers, rest rooms and a water feature. Nice job NCL!

I think I saw construction of that on the outfitting pier webcam at Meyer, can't recall seeing it on the earlier photo's. A later add on?

Note; Vibes water feature isn't featured too on the deck plans so it might just have been finishing work going on.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Thanks for the bird's eye pic. I'm on the TA next month and trying to decide whether to try for a Vibe pass. Presuming it's in the same position as on the Getaway (starboard side), I can see where the entrance door is and it looks like the wall separating it from the Haven sun deck area is not installed yet, and no cabanas (yet). Looks like only the one hot tub but it looks larger than the standard 2 on the -aways. Can anyone identify the brown-ish building/structure in the Vibe area that looks like it is attached to the wall that holds the retractable Haven area roof?

[i know the weather on the TA might not be Vibe sundeck type weather, but I did like being able to get away from the noise (and constant loud music) offered on the main sun deck while on the Getaway - however with the Escape I'm wondering if with the Vibe being on the starboard side that would be the "wrong" side for sun on a east to west TA route, in theory!]

With what the public part of deck 19 will have I am not sure if the free fruit skewers and a cushion on a lounger will convince me for a Vibe pass if I were on Escape in a warm climate.

Vibe may even feel or be more crowded if the general public hasn't found out about the brilliance of deck 19..

So let's see what NCL will throw in, indeed cabana's making a late appearance or?

With what the public part of deck 19 will have I am not sure if the free fruit skewers and a cushion on a lounger will convince me for a Vibe pass if I were on Escape in a warm climate.

Vibe may even feel or be more crowded if the general public hasn't found out about the brilliance of deck 19..

So let's see what NCL will throw in, indeed cabana's making a late appearance or?

For what it's worth, on both our Epic and Getaway cruises last year, the servers walked around the regular pool decks and Spice H2O with the fruit skewers also. It's not something exclusive to Vibe, although those that pay for Vibe like to think it is.

If word doesn't get out about 19, I won't be that bothered at all if we can't get Vibe passes. Hopefully the masses don't take the time to walk that far forward or think the entire area is Vibe/Haven access only. Fingers crossed!

What is going on with Escape now after the first set of sea trials ? Evaluations, adjustments ? When does she go out again ? Where will she get her final fitout items ? Gerry

Escape's scheduled to leave for her second set of sea trials tomorrow. After that she will return to Bremerhaven for final fitting out before the handover on October 22.

Hoping this link will work, a short 32sec vid of Escape along the quay in Bremerhaven:

http://www.radiobremen.de/mediathek/video79316-popup.html

Source and a small articele with some facts and figures; http://www.radiobremen.de/wissen/themen/norwegian-escape104.html

I guess I could spent hours there, standing alongside on that walkway/panorama terrace thingy, just watching and seeing all the goods go in. :D

Well that stinks! Where does it show that on the NCL webiste so I can show my travel companions?

You're not thinking of Spice H2O, are you? That is a free area for adults during the day and turns into a party area at night. Vibe was a extra fee sunbathing area on the Away ships and also is on the Escape. They sell a very limited number of passes for it. I've never purchased a Vibe pass because there are plenty of free out of the way places to sunbathe.