Can I cancel a cruise?

whatevergoes

If I book a future cruise while on board next month to take advantage of 1-2-3 promo, reduced deposits and OBC can I get home and change my mind and get completely out of the deal and my deposit money back or am I still obligated for that cruise or another cruise? Do they return my money? Thanks

If I book a future cruise while on board next month to take advantage of 1-2-3 promo, reduced deposits and OBC can I get home and change my mind and get completely out of the deal and my deposit money back or am I still obligated for that cruise or another cruise? Do they return my money? Thanks

The deposit is fully refundable. I think you can cancel up until final payment and receive the refund.

Carolyn

Just be a little careful when you book. If you say nothing, the new booking will be assigned to the travel agency that sold you the current cruise. If that travel agency has a cancellation penalty, then you would have to pay it, even though Celebrity doesn't charge a penalty.

Your safest bet is to tell the agent on board not to assign your new booking to anyone...keep it as a celebrity booking. Then you have 60 days to transfer that booking to a travel agency for additional perks or whatever.

The deposit is fully refundable. I think you can cancel up until final payment and receive the refund.

Carolyn

Are you sure about you are not confusing Celebrity's Policy with Princess's.

I know you can move to a different cruise, but I do not believe it is actually refundable.

This is correct for the US. Outside of the US all bets can be off.

You will loose your deposit in UK.

If you alter your cruise to another one( ie cancel and rebook, so that you will get a promotion) you may incur a penalty. I'm not sure, as I've never done it. I always book cruises that I want to go on, as I cannot afford to loose deposits.

If you book a cruise on board for a specific cruise, yes, that deposit is fully refundable before final. If you buy an Open Passage certificate on board which is a certificate you would use down the road when you find a cruise you want to take...THAT is non-refundable.

I know you can move to a different cruise, but I do not believe it is actually refundable.

In February I booked four future cruises while on the Century. We confirmed with the agent that the deposits were fully refundable. This may not apply outside the US. These were bookings for a specific cruise, not Open Passage.

Carolyn

If you book a cruise on board for a specific cruise, yes, that deposit is fully refundable before final. If you buy an Open Passage certificate on board which is a certificate you would use down the road when you find a cruise you want to take...THAT is non-refundable.

Thank you for the explanation. I just did my first on boarding booking and I have always purchased the Open Passages previously. Good to know.

I think you are correct. We tried to get a refund and was they do not do that and that there is no expiration date so you have "forever" to use it.

OP is from Pennsylvania.

While I realize that the OP is from PA, that doesn't mean we should make sweeping remarks that only apply to the US. People from outside the US can read this board too, and then they'd be getting the impression that the rules are the same for them, when we know for a fact that they are not.

It's always best to include everyone, rather than be exclusionary.

While I realize that the OP is from PA, that doesn't mean we should make sweeping remarks that only apply to the US. People from outside the US can read this board too, and then they'd be getting the impression that the rules are the same for them, when we know for a fact that they are not.

It's always best to include everyone, rather than be exclusionary.

Or clarify that it's for a specific scenario, as in this case.

That said, many people are only familiar with their experience... and experiences aren't the same everywhere.

For example, bookings through Celebrity seem to be down for everywhere in the world at the moment and have been for close to a week - except I suspect the US, since there's very little traffic discussing it, except people overseas - even though we are being directed to the US website! :mad: