Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

I also agree with the others that you don't need stockings, but they do hide a lot of imperfections, so if they make a girl feel better, wear them when you want to look and feel special.

Yes, they do. I once saw someone with stockings that I had to look and look to make sure since they were not obvious and looked so natural. They were very pale, matched the rest of her skin, and didn't have that dead give away shine. I wish I would have asked her what brand. BTW, she was in business dress and probably in her late 20's.

If I want to attend formal night, its either my basic little black dress or go shopping. I've been out of circulation too long. Can anyone explain what is "too prommy"?

I personally think of a 14-17 year old's dream dress. Strapless, totally sequined or jeweled top, long or very short layered tulle skirt. Something Barbie or Tinkerbell would wear.

I haven't seen my Niece's prom dress yet and I'm scared because see went shopping with her Mom and Grandmother.

Just back from our Alaska cruise on the Grand Princess! I paid particular attention to attire this trip and found it was all over the map. There were as many women wearing fancy, quite formal dresses as there were women wearing slacks and a nice top. It was literally the full range. And yes, many visible tattoos.

I am not a hosiery wearer and have leg imperfections. My favorite thing to use is Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs. It's cheap, widely available in the US at drug stores, and won't come off until you use soap and water on it. No one can tell that you are wearing makeup on your legs! They just look smooth and flawless (even on larger varicose veins). The only problem I have had with it is that the shades run a little dark. I am normally very medium to medium-tan in skin tone and find that the light shade works the best on my legs. They sell the lotion version in travel sizes so that's a great way to try out shades.

I wouldn't dream of not wearing sheer sandal foot hosiery to compliment a cocktail dress. Hosiery just gives that final touch of class to a beautiful dress. My favourite brand is Marks and Spencer Autograph range...5 denier, sandal foot in either nude or barely black depending on the dress...:)

That is something else I learned from CC - thanks to CC, I now always wear shorts-like undergarments under dresses that prevent thighs from rubbing in the heat and I don't have to worry about men coming up the stairs behind me.

Thanks to KandCsailing, I was even able to pick them up on sale. :)

I also agree with the others that you don't need stockings, but they do hide a lot of imperfections, so if they make a girl feel better, wear them when you want to look and feel special.

I wish I'd been warned about wearing shorts my first cruise. Clear glass sides on the elevators can be an opportunity for that problem as well if you stand too far to the edge. I've made sure to pick up shorts to match my sundresses for this cruise, though.

I consider hose optional on a cruise. Nice with a cocktail dress if you want, but unlikely anyone will pay any mind if you don't.

As to tattoos, unless there is something unusually salacious about it, go ahead and enjoy wearing whatever you want. Lots of people on my last cruise had them and enjoyed showing them off. I find them quite interesting, but could never quite imagine myself wearing the same thing for the rest of my life enough to get one.

What kind of shorts would you recommend? Like ones that are tight so that don't show in your dress or something else?

Depending on the dress/skirt, I usually wear Spanx-like shorts that are a size too big. No control, but good coverage and comfy because they aren't tight. :)

What kind of shorts would you recommend? Like ones that are tight so that don't show in your dress or something else?

You could try Jockey Skimmies Slipshorts.

I bought some similar but shorter at Costco last year that I really like. They only came in black white, and beige but are even more comfortable than my Skimmies.

We have been calling them shorts, but that is a bit misleading. Jockey comes closer when they call them sliphorts. These are meant as undergarments, so are lightweight and comfortable to wear under dresses, and leave no lines. While some fit more like Spanx, I have some that feel like I am wearing absolutely nothing. It was a strange feeling the first time I wore them - a bit drafty. LOL

In any case, you won't have trouble finding them - they are now sold in every major department store.

I wouldn't dream of not wearing sheer sandal foot hosiery to compliment a cocktail dress. Hosiery just gives that final touch of class to a beautiful dress. My favourite brand is Marks and Spencer Autograph range...5 denier, sandal foot in either nude or barely black depending on the dress...:)

This is going to sound really silly but I've worn toeless (not "footless") pantyhose... gives the support/ finished look I like from traditional pantyhose, but lets the shiny pedicure show!!!

This is going to sound really silly but I've worn toeless (not "footless") pantyhose... gives the support/ finished look I like from traditional pantyhose, but lets the shiny pedicure show!!!

I absolutely LOVE the toeless panty hose!! I always wear them when I get dressed up. I feel more dressy in pantyhose, but that is just me and I realize not everyone feels that way.

Edited by TNGALOHA