Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

The dress is lovely! Have a great time, Alaska is wonderful:)

Michelle

I'm excited! I just bought this dress from Amazon for my Alaskan cruise. We leave in 9 days! I have a lovely long purple gown as well but I think it's a bit too formal for Alaska. 09292bed066915a2e05dae84eade2474.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, darn it, this dress isn't working out. I'd have to wear a strapless bra with it, and the waist is hitting me in a really unflattering area. Boooooo!

So, back to the purple gown, I guess. It's pretty - floor length gown with a purple lace bodice that has some crystals on the lace, and a matching bolero jacket made of the same lace. It coordinates with my husbands kilt nicely. But is a floor length gown overkill on an Alaskan cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a lucky, lucky girl in that my mom still sews for me! I bought an R&M black below the knee dress at Ross and cut the huge sparkly buckle off and then packed a bunch of shrugs, etc, that mom made. These 2 pix are in the Baltic. Same dress is going to cruise Canada this fall, different shrugs!

1394198646_ship4.jpg.75ae4447f317f30a1a9bb6cdfc4d7d78.jpg

763614741_ship22.jpg.f2a38be47c3beac6935939a671c62358.jpg

Well, darn it, this dress isn't working out. I'd have to wear a strapless bra with it, and the waist is hitting me in a really unflattering area. Boooooo!

So, back to the purple gown, I guess. It's pretty - floor length gown with a purple lace bodice that has some crystals on the lace, and a matching bolero jacket made of the same lace. It coordinates with my husbands kilt nicely. But is a floor length gown overkill on an Alaskan cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never been on an Alaskan cruise but I think you'll be fine. What line are you on? I've cruised on Carnival every summer for the past few years and I always pack at least one formal floor-length gown to wear. I like dressing up and use the opportunity to do so on my cruises.

It coordinates with my husbands kilt nicely. But is a floor length gown overkill on an Alaskan cruise?

I just got back from Alaska on Princess and you will be just fine! Plenty of floor length gowns - beaded, satin, tulle, and lace. Have a wonderful trip!

You could try Jockey Skimmies Slipshorts.

I bought some similar but shorter at Costco last year that I really like. They only came in black white, and beige but are even more comfortable than my Skimmies.

I just ordered some Skimmies thru Belk. Great fit and look under skirts/dresses!

I just ordered some Skimmies thru Belk. Great fit and look under skirts/dresses!

I am glad they work for you. :) Did you get the shorter or the longer ones? The long ones are too long for my short, little legs.

I checked the make of the ones I bought at Costco, which make me feel like I have absolutely nothing on under the dress. I hope that I don't forget to put them on one day. LOL

They are made by Jockey as well, but feel lighter and looser than Skimmies. Although they only came in black, white, and beige at Costco, they might have more colours in other stores.

I am a lucky, lucky girl in that my mom still sews for me! I bought an R&M black below the knee dress at Ross and cut the huge sparkly buckle off and then packed a bunch of shrugs, etc, that mom made. These 2 pix are in the Baltic. Same dress is going to cruise Canada this fall, different shrugs!

You are very lucky. I love the purple one.

I am glad they work for you. :) Did you get the shorter or the longer ones? The long ones are too long for my short, little legs.

I checked the make of the ones I bought at Costco, which make me feel like I have absolutely nothing on under the dress. I hope that I don't forget to put them on one day. LOL

They are made by Jockey as well, but feel lighter and looser than Skimmies. Although they only came in black, white, and beige at Costco, they might have more colours in other stores.

One pair of longer and one pair of short.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Just a quick question--Has anyone heard from Drew's wife lately? Was worried about her since I haven't seen any posts from her lately so I checked and her last post was April 3, 2015. I hope her and Drew are ok and nothing is wrong.

Have a great day,

Gerry

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Just a quick question--Has anyone heard from Drew's wife lately? Was worried about her since I haven't seen any posts from her lately so I checked and her last post was April 3, 2015. I hope her and Drew are ok and nothing is wrong.

Have a great day,

Gerry

I'll contact her tonight and have her check in. :)

I'll contact her tonight and have her check in. :)

Thank you. I don't post often but feel like many of these ladies are good friends of mine and when I don't hear from them on here I worry about them.

Have a great evening,

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

Hi ladies, Hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful day.

Joyce contacted me and told me that you wonderul ladies had "missed me"! How sweet is that? And it helped make my day brighter. Thank you.

I haven't been on much lately due to several things, and since I feel as though the ladies on CC are a tight group. I will share with you.

My little 86 year old mother was in the hopsital...She tried to get up one morning to go to the bathroom. They were not watching her and she fell and broke her arm, her rib and worst of all she broke her neck.

She has been in very serious condition since. She has a cast on her arm and a halo on her head. Then they had to give her a tracheostomy and she was put on a ventilator.

I have been to Nashville twice in the last few weeks and last night she asked where I was. So I will probably try to go again very soon. I'm just a little worn out with travel and work, so I haven't been on here much.

I know so many of you are like family so may I ask for Prayers for healing for my Momma and prayers for strength and courage for my Daddy. They had their 68th wedding anniversary last week...so he is having a really hard time with this.

Whatever the outcome, I know that my momma is in the best of care...We want her well and to be able to come home....I doubt that is in her future, but we also know that her heavenly home will be so much better than her earthly home.

So sorry to have started your days post such a weary story, so forigve me.

On a good note, I'm looking forward to a day at the beach tomorrow. :) Thanks again, and everyone have a blessed day! :)

On a good note' date=' I'm looking forward to a day at the beach tomorrow. :) Thanks again, and everyone have a blessed day! :)[/quote']

The sad fact of life is that most of us understand all too well what you are currently going through. I hope that your day at the beach gives you that little boost you will need to help you through the difficult times to come.

Our thoughts our with you.

So glad to hear that you are doing ok, I was getting worried about you.

I am thou very sorry to hear about your mom and my prayers are coming your way and your Mom and Dads way for a speedy recovery.

I hope you have a great day at the beach tomorrow and are able to relax and get some very badly needed rest.

Yes you are right, we are a close knit group here on CC an I for one am very glad of it! There is a lot of love here for one another and it is so comforting.

Hugs and good thoughts for you and your family Drew's Wife,

xoxox {{{HUGS}}}

Gerry

I did it - I finally got a maxi dress I like and that looks 'semi decent'!

http://www.cleo.ca/plus-size-jewel-ikat-maxi-dress/6984CR101501023.html?dwvar_6984CR101501023_AIP=Regular&dwvar_6984CR101501023_colour=Black/White/Silver#start=1

it is actually nicer in 'person' as the bling around the neckline is quite sparkly....I hope to wear it this summer and planning to bring it along on my next cruise for dinner in the MDR....(and hoping to cover my fat arms of course).

...it definitely has to be shortened but at least no 'pattern' at the bottom to wreck so that is good news! :)

P.S. wondering what if any jewellery I should wear? long or short necklace? drop earrings? color or just silver?

Edited by Froufie

I did it - I finally got a maxi dress I like and that looks 'semi decent'!

http://www.cleo.ca/plus-size-jewel-ikat-maxi-dress/6984CR101501023.html?dwvar_6984CR101501023_AIP=Regular&dwvar_6984CR101501023_colour=Black/White/Silver#start=1

it is actually nicer in 'person' as the bling around the neckline is quite sparkly....I hope to wear it this summer and planning to bring it along on my next cruise for dinner in the MDR....(and hoping to cover my fat arms of course).

...it definitely has to be shortened but at least no 'pattern' at the bottom to wreck so that is good news! :)

Looks really nice. I'm sure you'll look great.

Also, sending love & prayers to Sherrie (Drew's wife) for her Momma. :)