Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Very pretty dress! Hope it works out for you, I like the details on it! Well for $11 at least it's no great loss if it doesn't:)

Michelle

Out of the last 5 dresses I've won on Ebay, I think only 2 of them worked out. Two were just not very nice and one was damaged so I got my money back through the Ebay guarantee. I tried contacting the seller, but he never bothered to reply.

Fortunately, the two that did work out are marvelous dresses. This one looks nice as well, so my fingers are crossed!

Very pretty dress! Hope it works out for you, I like the details on it! Well for $11 at least it's no great loss if it doesn't.

Not a big financial loss but it would be very disappointing to not be able to wear one of the fanciest dresses you ever had. The eBay dress reminds me of a gown I own but can't wear in Alaska because of the luggage weight limit.

Fyree, I have that same dress in a wine color! I bought it new and wore it several times and always get compliments on it. It has a nice 20s vintage look, especially if you wear long pearls with it, perfect for Royal Caribbean Prohibition parties. The skirt is very straight, so it feels a little smaller than my A-line dresses of the same size.

Are you talking about my dress? I guess the fanciest dress I ever owned, besides my wedding gown, was a beaded gown I gave away to someone here a couple months ago. We cruise two or three times a year and I've found I don't really like wearing the same dresses over and over again. So, I get them at Ebay, enjoy them once (maybe twice), then re-home them via the thread stickied on this forum or by giving them to Goodwill. It works for me and allows me to shop without breaking my bank.

I could never even think about giving away a fancy dress. The two I have now - an Indian style gown with off-white and gold embellishments and a red one that has gold sequins and a triple layer skirt - will be mine until I stop cruising. I am not a fan of wearing the same dress twice on each cruise, however.

It does not have to be your fanciest no-wedding gown to look awesome on you. Do you have any pictures of yourself wearing that blue dress?

And discovered the store Daiso which charges $1.50 for everything and has a great selection of travel bottles and other goodies good for cruising.

I went into a Daiso when I was in Seattle a few weeks ago. They had some interesting things that you don't see in the dollar stores. Unfortunately, both of my suitcases were so jam packed I couldn't buy anything.:(

Okay. This seems the right spot to post what seems rather stupid questions. In my last few years in the corporate world. Most ladies stopped wearing hosiery. I never quite got used to seeing it. Is hosiery still worn by ladies? Just formal night? I was thinking of wearing dressy sundresses for non formal nights. Is it still in poor taste if my arm tattoo is visible?

Thank you! I'll still wear hose on formal night, maybe. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. And a sweater or something to cover my tattoo on formal night. Since I still love my tattoo as much as the first day, I'm glad to know I don't have to cover it the rest of the time. It's a stylized pictograph of my Native American name :)

I haven't worn hose in 15 yrs at least. To work or outside of work. If you like wearing it, then do so. If not, then don't. Doesn't matter either way I don't think, as far as fashion 'do or don'ts'. But I also live in FL, where corporate is a bit more casual.

Same with your tattoo. If you like it, no reason to cover it!

I wore nothing but blue, black and grey for sooooo long. I got rid of all but one skirt, one pair of slacks and my favorite little black dress. And I really am buying a pink flamingo shirt for my cruise. Maybe a purple hat too😜

Okay. This seems the right spot to post what seems rather stupid questions. In my last few years in the corporate world. Most ladies stopped wearing hosiery. I never quite got used to seeing it. Is hosiery still worn by ladies? Just formal night? I was thinking of wearing dressy sundresses for non formal nights. Is it still in poor taste if my arm tattoo is visible?

I can't remember the last time I wore hosiery. When it comes to cruising, we are usually cruising to a warm sunny area and I tan quickly, so why cover up what comes natural? Not to mention that it's hot, why make it hotter then it is by nature? However, if your personal preference is to wear hosiery by all means wear such. It's your cruise, wear what makes you comfortable. Trust me, everyone there is into their own good time, they are there judging you for how you are dressed.

It depends upon what your tattoo is. Is it in poor taste? If not, then showing it is not in poor taste.

And hose are optional.

I agree about the tattoo. You'll most likely see lots of others.

I wear hose with my short dresses on elegant nights. I don't tan easy and don't try, so nylons help even up the difference between my arms and legs and soften scars and veins.

That's why I wear shorts under my skirts

That is something else I learned from CC - thanks to CC, I now always wear shorts-like undergarments under dresses that prevent thighs from rubbing in the heat and I don't have to worry about men coming up the stairs behind me.

Thanks to KandCsailing, I was even able to pick them up on sale. :)

I also agree with the others that you don't need stockings, but they do hide a lot of imperfections, so if they make a girl feel better, wear them when you want to look and feel special.