Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Very cute. Love the black one! Wish I still had young legs and could wear

short dresses....thank goodness maxis are in these days LoL

I bought the black one for a wedding that I ended up not attending last year. I also packed it on a trip to Japan last fall but my travel companion and I ended up going casual for every dinner. So hopefully, I'll finally get to wear it this time!

I'm short, so I only own one maxi dress...which had to be hemmed even with 4-inch wedges on.

Edited by midlevel_curator

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many gorgeous gowns here!!!

I bought this dress 2 years ago so I'm a bit worried that it is dated, and possibly too casual for formal night. I wear black stilettos with it. Do others take an evening bag to the MDR? I think I'll feel like my outfit is incomplete without one

The other problem is that it is HEAVY! Seriously, it weighs at least 3kg because of all of the beading! Our domestic fight to Sydney only allows for 15kg checked baggage (ridiculous), but if I really want to take it I'll give it to my sister to keep at her place in Sydney the next time I see her. That way I can fly to Sydney, collect the dress, then sail out the next day.

http://m.willhopelove.com.au/aidan-mattox/beaded-party-dress/w2/i1023502_1001378/

Any advice is appreciated!

Edited by CupcakeSusie

I think that dress is perfectly fine - esp w/heels, etc.

I always carry a small evening bag - keep my camera with me at all times for photo ops :)...and of course my sign and sail card, lip gloss, etc.

The weight would kill me tho and I have stopped taking anything 'beaded/heavy' for that reason - have found some nice/lighterweight tops that work well and don't take up much weight or space! I can barely keep within the airline weight limit as it is! :(

I think that dress is perfectly fine - esp w/heels, etc.

I always carry a small evening bag - keep my camera with me at all times for photo ops :)...and of course my sign and sail card, lip gloss, etc.

The weight would kill me tho and I have stopped taking anything 'beaded/heavy' for that reason - have found some nice/lighterweight tops that work well and don't take up much weight or space! I can barely keep within the airline weight limit as it is! :(

Yes! The weight limit is going to be a challenge for sure. But I just remembered that we can take a garment bag on the flight. Woohoo! Perhaps I can try to hang the dress inside my hubby's suits.

Yes! The weight limit is going to be a challenge for sure. But I just remembered that we can take a garment bag on the flight. Woohoo! Perhaps I can try to hang the dress inside my hubby's suits.

I have no idea how expensive mail is in Australia but can you mail it to her? I've found that some sequins and beading is rather fragilly sewn on and may come loose in a garment bag unless you can get the space normally reserved up front for businness class coats and jackets in which to hang it.

No, it's not dated and with heels you'll look great.

There are so many gorgeous gowns here!!!

I bought this dress 2 years ago so I'm a bit worried that it is dated, and possibly too casual for formal night. I wear black stilettos with it. Do others take an evening bag to the MDR? I think I'll feel like my outfit is incomplete without one

The other problem is that it is HEAVY! Seriously, it weighs at least 3kg because of all of the beading! Our domestic fight to Sydney only allows for 15kg checked baggage (ridiculous), but if I really want to take it I'll give it to my sister to keep at her place in Sydney the next time I see her. That way I can fly to Sydney, collect the dress, then sail out the next day.

http://m.willhopelove.com.au/aidan-mattox/beaded-party-dress/w2/i1023502_1001378/

Any advice is appreciated!

The dress is certainly fine and at 2yrs old is not outdated at all! I always bring a small evening bag for my cruise card, lipstick, tissues. Hopefully you can carry it on if the wait is an issue

Michelle ;)

Sorry to tag onto the end of this, we are 1st time cruisers and sailing on 21 May on Adventure of the Seas, my daughter an I wonder how formal the dresses are for the 2 formal nights, we don't want to be under dressed... Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry to tag onto the end of this, we are 1st time cruisers and sailing on 21 May on Adventure of the Seas, my daughter an I wonder how formal the dresses are for the 2 formal nights, we don't want to be under dressed... Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You'll see a variety of dresses on rccl. I prefer to go with fancy party dresses (cocktail, some longer gowns, etc). A little bit of flash and elegance compared to dresses I'd wear to a wedding or church event. You'll see plenty of strapless style dresses ranging from short to long.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have no idea how expensive mail is in Australia but can you mail it to her? I've found that some sequins and beading is rather fragilly sewn on and may come loose in a garment bag unless you can get the space normally reserved up front for businness class coats and jackets in which to hang it.

No, it's not dated and with heels you'll look great.

That's a really good point re the beading and a garment bag. My sister and I will definitely see each other before I sail so I can easily give it to her.

For interest's sake it would close between $8-$13 to send without insurance. So it might be cheaper to pay for excess baggage if it comes down to it.

That's a really good point re the beading and a garment bag. My sister and I will definitely see each other before I sail so I can easily give it to her.

For interest's sake it would close between $8-$13 to send without insurance. So it might be cheaper to pay for excess baggage if it comes down to it.

In my experience overweight luggage is way more than $8-13?? You might wish to check your airlines rules/fees before deciding?

Hi all, just found this thread and have had great fun looking through at all the gorgeous dress pictures. We've got our first cruise in July on the Emerald princess to the Mediterranean and I've no idea what to take for formal nights. Will have to come back to ask your opionions! Just recently gone back up a dress size so have one or two old dresses from when I was this size before that might fit or I could just go shopping! :p Love the tip about wearing shorts under dresses.

Hi ladies!

First let me say that I have loved looking through the many pages in this thread and seeing all of these beautiful dresses and how positive everyone is! This is a dress I have from another event and I would love to wear it on an upcoming cruise to Alaska (RCCL) but I always hear that dress even on formal nights is far more casual. Part of me wants to wear it anyway and just have fun (luggage weight isn't an issue) but I have a lot of anxiety about standing out if I do. What are your thoughts? My man (who enjoys dressing up) wants to bring along a suit/tux.

20160519_205126.jpg.067f8d951842e8fedf78b03e976e89ad.jpg

We will be on the Celebrity Summit in July. We have always sailed on Carnival before. What type of dresses can I expect to see on Celebrity? From what I read, they don't call it formal but elegant. I just want to make sure that I am dressed properly.

Hi ladies!

First let me say that I have loved looking through the many pages in this thread and seeing all of these beautiful dresses and how positive everyone is! This is a dress I have from another event and I would love to wear it on an upcoming cruise to Alaska (RCCL) but I always hear that dress even on formal nights is far more casual. Part of me wants to wear it anyway and just have fun (luggage weight isn't an issue) but I have a lot of anxiety about standing out if I do. What are your thoughts? My man (who enjoys dressing up) wants to bring along a suit/tux.

Wear it! There are always formal dresses on any cruise, and this one is a beauty!!

Hi ladies!

Looks nice. Wear it.

Hi ladies!

The dress is stunning....by all means wear it...and your husband will look so handsome all dressed out in his tux. We dress formal every night...of course we may stand out some to others, but it's not about that...it's just that we loved dressing up for each other. Have fun...go all out.