Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

The red dress was certainly a hit. DW tried it on and I knew it was "the one". She got it at Dillards, it was on close out.

She got about 10 compliments that night. It was the perfect new year's dress. She is so lovely it was so much fun to get dressed up and go out. I'm sad the cruise lines are relaxing the rules on formals because that was a lot of the fun, seeing the people that went all out. Though as has been said before many did not dress up at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have been lurking a little, and think there are some truly stunning dresses and pictures on here.

Thought I would share some of mine too ( something been meaning to do for a while but have only just done the photobucket thing)

12096130_10156030731410702_1366106576361411022_n.jpg

12033029_10156030731085702_6788308575182619321_n.jpg

]

11888030_10155893729240702_4607200556816470575_n.jpg

Edited by latin princess

I haven't got a lot of dresses in my closet, so lacking gowns or cocktail dresses I'm just taking the two nicest I own . . . this one with birds and this one in green. I figure the first will at least have me set for the '50s party.

Like both but love the one with the birds, love that style and so flattering and comfortable to wear

I haven't got a lot of dresses in my closet, so lacking gowns or cocktail dresses I'm just taking the two nicest I own . . . this one with birds and this one in green. I figure the first will at least have me set for the '50s party.

OMG I love both of those! I love the retro rockabilly dresses. I just my hair was more thicker so I could do the hair also. I really love the green one.

Hi

I have been lurking a little, and think there are some truly stunning dresses and pictures on here.

Thought I would share some of mine too ( something been meaning to do for a while but have only just done the photobucket thing)

12096130_10156030731410702_1366106576361411022_n.jpg

12033029_10156030731085702_6788308575182619321_n.jpg

]

11888030_10155893729240702_4607200556816470575_n.jpg

They are all pretty but I LOVE the dark blue!!!

Thank you.

I made the dark blue one and the red one

(Which has a print of anchors and shops wheels on it)

The blue is my favourite too and I think I will take it with me on cruise in May.

I love the blue and red dresses! I am also impressed that you made them...great job! Which pattern did you use for the red dress?

Lisa

I love the blue and red dresses! I am also impressed that you made them...great job! Which pattern did you use for the red dress?

Lisa

Hi thanks. The zkirt is just a full circle don't use pattern for that and the bodice is an amalgation of simplicity K1699 and simplicity K1418. The blue is the simplicity K1418

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for a while now, including the older two threads. Since I lost weight almost 3 years ago and started ballroom dancing I've developed a real interest in clothes. I've started making a few of my own. I intend to take some on our first cruise in October this year. We will be sailing on Cunard's QE. I'm going on a shopping trip at the beginning of April to buy some evening gowns and I can't wait! :D

Love looking at all the different dress styles posted here. I also love seeing the shoes, bags, jewellery and accessories. I was a bit of a late starter where clothes are concerned but I'm catching up fast :)

Do you make your own ballroom dancing gowns? My mom used to be a ballroom dancer and instructor, and she made some of her own costumes. She specialized in Latin, which is kinda cool and weird since we are Chinese. :) I'd love to see some of your costumes.

I'm more of a social dancer than a competition dancer. The dresses, (not sure if you can call them gowns), I've made are not floor length dresses, more ballerina length so I don't trip over them. However it is since attending lessons that I have been encouraged by dancing friends to try dressmaking. I'm now totally hooked. Love having something completely different to anyone else. Twice a year our ballroom teachers hold a black tie event and once a year they have a themed ball. I have made outfits for these events and will be taking them on the cruise as they just happen to fit the themed balls being held then. Our dance teachers love cruising too and also work as dance hosts.

I'm more of a social dancer than a competition dancer. The dresses, (not sure if you can call them gowns), I've made are not floor length dresses, more ballerina length so I don't trip over them. However it is since attending lessons that I have been encouraged by dancing friends to try dressmaking. I'm now totally hooked. Love having something completely different to anyone else. Twice a year our ballroom teachers hold a black tie event and once a year they have a themed ball. I have made outfits for these events and will be taking them on the cruise as they just happen to fit the themed balls being held then. Our dance teachers love cruising too and also work as dance hosts.

Hi I ballroom dance too have danced competitively in past but now just social dancing although I still take lessons my teachers have a daughter who danced in group dances and presented on strictly and a son and daughter in law who were pro partners on strictly. I have made dresses for comps and also made tutus and costumes for my DD when she danced in comps too.

Edited by latin princess

Wondering if this dress would be okay for a formal night or an evening wedding?

www.kohls.com/product/prd-2355569/disneys-minnie-rocks-the-dots-a-collection-by-lauren-conrad-dot-fit-flare-dress-womens.jsp

Been to a few weddings and think that dress would be ok for that. As I've not been on a cruise yet I can't advise on suitability for that.

latinprincess - I love your blue dress too. You are very skilled with a needle.

Wondering if this dress would be okay for a formal night or an evening wedding?

www.kohls.com/product/prd-2355569/disneys-minnie-rocks-the-dots-a-collection-by-lauren-conrad-dot-fit-flare-dress-womens.jsp

Cute dress, but I don't think it is formal. Depending on the venue and time of day, you might be able to wear it to a wedding. If the wedding was in the evening, I wouldn't. This is just my opinion.

Cute dress, but I don't think it is formal. Depending on the venue and time of day, you might be able to wear it to a wedding. If the wedding was in the evening, I wouldn't. This is just my opinion.

I agree. It's a lovely dress, but the fabric doesn't seem to be very dressy. I'd definitely wear it to a summer wedding, and with a bolero jacket it would look great in the Fall, too. Cruise ship formal night dresses lean toward more "evening" type fabrics.

I wouldn't find it appropriate. The fabric and design is not very formal. I would think it's pushing it even on a ship like carnival.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Edited by sherilyn70

We are sailing with RCCL in a few weeks and will have one formal night for our sailing. DH and DS will wear their new tuxedos that we bought for my nephew's black tie wedding in August. I am trying to decide which of these two dresses to wear. Both are fabrics that will travel easily and not wrinkle. The black one is lighter weight, but I am afraid it will be too dressy. It is the one I bought to wear to the wedding. The teal dress is the same style of my alternate, but my alternate is beige. What do you all think?

Set-133026-10613443-SmokeDP0403201517013239M?wid=110&hei=110&op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp