how to

scumbers

You do not say which line you are sailing, so this will be somewhat vague.

Some lines will let you purchase the package in advance. I don't recall seeing any discount for doing this.

I think all let you purchase it on board. Usually in the bars, buffet and MDR. Some will have a kiosk set um on embarkation day outside the buffet selling the various cards/stickers

hi

just wondering how and when you can purchase soda packages etc and where you do this?

also if you need to gift yourself obc where would you do this.

thanks as always :)

The soda package is a sticker placed on your cruise card and is good for unlimited fountain sodas, not canned. Purchase it from any bar or from the tables set up around the ship on boarding day. If you are boarding in Fort Lauderdale be aware that Princess is required to charge Floridia State sales tax while in port. If you wait until you sail you can avoid this tax. If you purchase from a bar they run your cruise card through the system at the time of purchase. However, if you purchase from a table you receive a hand written receipt which Princess then processes later in the day, after sailing, thus most likely avoiding the tax. We used the hand system and were not charged the tax. Boarding in Southhampton? I don't think there are any local tax issues there.

OBC can be purchased in advance by calling Princess and having the amount charged to your credit card.

hi

just wondering how and when you can purchase soda packages etc and where you do this?

also if you need to gift yourself obc where would you do this.

thanks as always :)

Hi

We have just returned from an Emerald Princess cruise. regarding soda package and obc phone Princess in Southhampton and they will help you out. we did this before we left and there were no problems. sticker was on DW cruise card when we checked in and obc vouchers were in our cabin

hope this helps

Go to the Gift & Services section -> Princess Cellars and Culinary Delights ->Princess Cellars

The drink packages are at the very bottom. The Unlimited Soda and More package was the best pre-purchase we ever made! :cool:

Edited by canadarocks

The soda package is a sticker placed on your cruise card and is good for unlimited fountain sodas, not canned. Purchase it from any bar or from the tables set up around the ship on boarding day. If you are boarding in Fort Lauderdale be aware that Princess is required to charge Floridia State sales tax while in port. If you wait until you sail you can avoid this tax. If you purchase from a bar they run your cruise card through the system at the time of purchase. However, if you purchase from a table you receive a hand written receipt which Princess then processes later in the day, after sailing, thus most likely avoiding the tax. We used the hand system and were not charged the tax.

We were on the Royal two months ago and had decided to eat lunch on boarding day at Alfredo's. The waiter sold us our soda sticker at lunch and no sales tax was added. The charge appeared on my account as Vines. I ordered a beer as did my DS and they did add a sales tax on the beer.

The soda stickers can be purchased all over the ship and you will encounter tables set up in the piazza, outside the HC, by the pool and several other locations. Soda stickers for adults is $4.50/day with a 15% gratuity added and must be bought for the entire cruise. That week cruise cost $36.23 for the soda sticker.