C&A Tier Question

Hey there all , should be a simple question for someone to answer , I'm currently gold status , after my sailing next month I will be at 29 points so, on my next sailing after that to galveston I will finally move up a tier , I'm planning ,another , got my eye on a few different sailing , my question is if I book while I'm still gold will I still reap the rewards of platinum once I reach it . On that next sailing

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but you turn Platinum on the cruise AFTER you reach that status. You don't get the benefits until the cruise after you've reached the next status. I hope that helps.

Hey there all , should be a simple question for someone to answer , I'm currently gold status , after my sailing next month I will be at 29 points so, on my next sailing after that to galveston I will finally move up a tier , I'm planning ,another , got my eye on a few different sailing , my question is if I book while I'm still gold will I still reap the rewards of platinum once I reach it . On that next sailing

Yes, it looks like you will achieve platinum AFTER the cruise I have highlighted in red above. You will receive platinum benefits on all cruises taken after you reach that level, irrespective of when they were booked, if you book a balcony or suite, you can call and have the balcony discount added to your booking once you reach the platinum level.

After your sailing on NAV you will be platinum, only then will you be eligible to use any of the Platinum Perks. I do believe that you can book a cabin at the going rate and once you get confirmation that you are platinum get your TA (or RCI) to put the Platinum balcony discount on your reservation.

I hope that this helps.

Steve

You will receive Platinum benefits AFTER your Galveston cruise is complete, if I understood your post correctly. I'm assuming if that cruise is 7 nights that you would then be at 36 points. So, if you are booking a cruise after that cruise you will receive the benefits. I have had recent personal experience trying to apply the Platinum balcony discount to a cruise that was previously booked while I was Gold. Bascially, to apply the discount, I would have had to rebook at the current price (which was about $400pp more than we had paid), so we do not have the balcony discount for my 1st Platinum cruise. I will however, receive all other Platinum benefits on this upcoming cruise.

You will not receive any platinum benefits on the cruise you take when you start out with 29 points, but you will for the cruise after that.

I hope that answers your question.

I have had recent personal experience trying to apply the Platinum balcony discount to a cruise that was previously booked while I was Gold. Bascially, to apply the discount, I would have had to rebook at the current price (which was about $400pp more than we had paid), so we do not have the balcony discount for my 1st Platinum cruise. I will however, receive all other Platinum benefits on this upcoming cruise.

That wasn't my experience. We turned Platinum after our last cruise, and as soon as the status changed on the website (last week), I called C&A and had them apply the discount to all 3 bookings we already had in place. They weren't repriced.

That wasn't my experience. We turned Platinum after our last cruise, and as soon as the status changed on the website (last week), I called C&A and had them apply the discount to all 3 bookings we already had in place. They weren't repriced.

Unfortunately, we booked through an online travel agency (not my choosing) and were unable to get the discount applied. I later called C&A to complain and try to get it added, and it was confirmed that what the travel agent told me was correct. I may just call again, as it has been a month or two and see what I can get. Final payment has already been made now, so I'm not sure how that might affect it.

I was able to get them to honor my platinum discount on the cruise I had booked while gold.

Just had the conversation with my TA again because I will turn Emerald this summer and have balconies reserved for next two Thanksgivings, was told no problem just call in when you are Emerald and we will get the addtl (minor) discounts added.

May be one of those "it depends" answers though, as in "it depends on how you booked and how helpful/knowledgeable the person is you are talking to is"

Thanks for all the replies , I did get the answer I'm looking for , I'm holding out booking till we're on board ....in 30 days !!!! Will talk to a rep then as well

Thanks again

One option would be to select the cruise you want and wait to book it while you are on the cruise out of Galveston. The Loyalty Ambassador (I think that is their title) should ask if you are about to change C&A level and I believe they can apply the better discount (at least they told us they could).

Unfortunately, we booked through an online travel agency (not my choosing) and were unable to get the discount applied. I later called C&A to complain and try to get it added, and it was confirmed that what the travel agent told me was correct. I may just call again, as it has been a month or two and see what I can get. Final payment has already been made now, so I'm not sure how that might affect it.

Sounds like it was a group booking. Balcony discounts can't be combined with group bookings

I would think that if I'm on the Galveston cruise I'm going to complete it and when credited with the cruise points I would move up , so I would hope that they would look into the future a bit for me and give me the discount

I would think that if I'm on the Galveston cruise I'm going to complete it and when credited with the cruise points I would move up , so I would hope that they would look into the future a bit for me and give me the discount

They will give you the discount on any booked cruise once your points have been credited, usually within a week of completing a cruise.

Sounds like it was a group booking. Balcony discounts can't be combined with group bookings

There may be travel agents who won't allow you to do that since it affects their commission, but Royal will absolutely combine a balcony discount with a group booking...

We recently became Diamond Plus. I called my TA and had her call RCCL who then refunded The $25 difference on my credit card. It was way after final payment was made. I had been told by C&A that you are entitled to the discount and since I had already paid they would credit the difference back to my credit card.

That is good to know. I see mixed reviews. i am in the same situation as you I have 29 pts and I want to book a certain date while on board and get a platinum balcony. Heres hoping.

But heres the catcher my DW has been on one less cruise than me. But you only get one platinum balcony discount per cabin or is it by person ?

That is good to know. I see mixed reviews. i am in the same situation as you I have 29 pts and I want to book a certain date while on board and get a platinum balcony. Heres hoping.

But heres the catcher my DW has been on one less cruise than me. But you only get one platinum balcony discount per cabin or is it by person ?

The balcony discount is per stateroom. Only one person in the stateroom needs to be Platinum or above to get the discount.

The balcony discount is per stateroom. Only one person in the stateroom needs to be Platinum or above to get the discount.

Bob, you are so quick to answer questions. I got a notification via email, opened up the thread and went to answer the question and your response was already there. Are you stalking cruise critic? :D

How much is the balcony discount once you reach platinum? We will be platinum after our next cruise in October. Then we are planning another in early 2015.

BALCONY & SUITE DISCOUNT1

3-5 Nights $50

6-9 Nights $100

10+ Nights $200

If booked (or the discount is added to a booking) within 6 months of sail date, subtract $25.