Confused??? Price dropped and Carnival said it can't do anything about it

kklee74

never...ever...use a travel agent

"good advice"?????

Sorry, but I just about always get an additional $150 OBC using a booking agent. This is on top of anything Carnival gives me (recent example was $350 OBC off the Glory, with a $900 price)

I don't have issues with getting what I want done with bookings, and not loyal to any agency.

If you book Early Saver and the category that you are price matching against is sold out don't think all is lost. People cancel vacations all the time. Also, some move to higher categories which could open up a cabin in your category.

I booked a spa OV on the Breeze for September a while back. There are only 4 cabins in that category. They sold out a week after I booked. I keep checking regularly.. just in case someone moves to a spa balcony during a price drop. Which I will never do because my OV cabin is HUGE!! :p

Edited by rrraydon

"good advice"?????

Sorry, but I just about always get an additional $150 OBC using a booking agent. This is on top of anything Carnival gives me (recent example was $350 OBC off the Glory, with a $900 price)

If you TA is giving you that, they are breaking the guidelines Carnival requires the TA to follow

If you TA is giving you that, they are breaking the guidelines Carnival requires the TA to follow

there was a thread a while ago that said that carnival had changed their position about their restrictions so I think this is not allowed.

Hi all, I booked a cruise through my travel agent for May 25 on the Legend for 8 adults (4 balcony cabins). The other day I noticed the price dropped by $120 per person on the carnival website. So I contacted my travel agent and he said the best they (Carnival) would do is upgrade 2 of the rooms to 1 floor higher but still regular balcony rooms. This is a family vacation where half of the travelers have never been on a cruise before and are senior citizens. Being close by and accessible was a priority to me and this was mentioned. I am also confused to as why my total due was 60 days prior instead of 30 days prior. I have cruised on Carnival a few previous times before and never had to pay up so early. Should I just contact Carnival myself? If so, is there a contact person or email I should use? I would have been happy if they would have either upgraded all of the rooms, refunded the difference, or even onboard credit. Normally I wouldn't really care if it was a small difference, but this is a $960 difference. Thanks for any advice!

I have been on 12 cruises,11 on Carnival and I've never heard of final payment due 30 prior, to my knowledge it's always been at least 60 days and if you booked with a TA Carnival will not deal with you, that's why I always book myself directly with Carnival, that way I have control over my booking and do not have to go through a middle man.

I have been on 12 cruises,11 on Carnival and I've never heard of final payment due 30 prior, to my knowledge it's always been at least 60 days and if you booked with a TA Carnival will not deal with you, that's why I always book myself directly with Carnival, that way I have control over my booking and do not have to go through a middle man.

Carnival recently had a deal where you could book with a $50 deposit pp and not pay until 30 days before the cruise.

That way in a month from now they can say they set some kind of record for bookings.

Bill

"good advice"?????

I don't have issues with getting what I want done with bookings, and not loyal to any agency.

sounds like your TA is working for free or even losing money.

Bill

I have an L shaped 8B booked on the Breeze right now and my TA (whos booked in the next 8B over on our group cruise) has gotten me all the same price drops he has gotten after final payment. I fear you got taken on that one....

OP, if you booked in February Early Saver wasnt available. Its called Early Saver cause you have too book it early (5 months out)... have fun on your cruise!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

When I booked my aft L on Splendor for June2012 I booked it almost a year in advance and booked ES. At that time the L shaped balcony was just a balcony price and listed with the other aft balconies so I chose an L (cant remember the category) after ES was no longer available the L shaped balconies became "Premium" balconies with an added daily charge. I put in a price drop form for a reduction of balcony price on what I paid and was denied! The email stated that I had a "Premium Balcony" so I cannot price match a standard balcony.

Who knows they may have pulled the wool over my eyes? but there are a lot of ES rules even the experts on CC dont know:)

Ended well as I upgraded to an Aft extended and one of the two on Splendor with the extra 5 foot of space at the side next to the wrap, it easily fitted 2 loungers 2 chairs and the table plus it gave much needed shade from the bulkhead overhang:)

I am a Carnival Criuse Addict and former travel agent. I wish that people who have no idea what they are talking about would not answer questions!!!:mad:

And what makes you think ALL travel agents know what they are talking about. I'm sure many cruisers know more about reservations than some TA's do. TA"s are the reason I haven't used one in years.

Sometimes TA's will book pax into existing groups thus getting the Group's amenities--OBC, photo coupons, dinners, logo things etc.