UBP and pregnancy...

sixesandeights

I have a question that I tried to search for, but couldn't find an answer to....

My wife and I will be going on a Cruise in September. We just found out she is pregnant. Fortunately we will be in the window to continue with this trip. We were planning on getting the UBP. Obviously now my DW can not drink. Can I get the UBP without her because she is Pregnant, and that will be documented with the Cruiseline to allow her to travel with doctors notes, OR does NCL make you still buy the UBP for a pregnant woman?

6&8

My understanding is that there are NO exemptions. It is just easier for them that way. Sorry, to say, but doctors notes are rather easily "written". Not saying you would, but others would if it were an allowable exemption.

My understanding is that there are NO exemptions. It is just easier for them that way. Sorry, to say, but doctors notes are rather easily "written". Not saying you would, but others would if it were an allowable exemption.

My understanding as well.

Your sentiments have been stated here many times during previous discussions. Interesting "solution" on your part. SMH!!

Businesses have to draw the line at some point. And as I said "doctors" notes can be forged quite easily.

Edited by Beaver1975

No one is forcing anyone to buy the drink package. Her husband can show his solidarity and not buy one either. Considering the $49.00 a day cost times 2, he would have to drink pretty heavily (12 drinks a day) to spend that amount.

Forcing a pregnant woman to buy an unlimited drink package...that is about the worst policy I have ever heard from a company. I guess she will order a TON of drink and then simply give them to strangers or pour them out.... Thanks everyone.

6&8

They're not forcing the pregnant woman to buy the UDP at all. They're just saying that her husband can't purchase one either and will have to pay 'per drink' for what he drinks. Unless, of course, he wants to purchase one for the both of them knowing full well she won't be drinking......but that would be just silly!

Harriet

Forcing a pregnant woman to buy an unlimited drink package...that is about the worst policy I have ever heard from a company. I guess she will order a TON of drink and then simply give them to strangers or pour them out.... Thanks everyone.

6&8

Why is anyone forcing her to buy one? It's only because you want to buy one and that the package sold is per cabin occupants not per passenger. You can still buy individual drinks and even if you are a few over the break even will still be cheaper than two UBP packages! :confused:

6&8

What? Let's be honest here...there is no policy that says a pregnant woman has to buy the package...nor is there a policy that anyone HAS to buy the package. A pregnant woman ONLY has to buy a package (she doesn't have to use it) if...and only if...her traveling companion INSISTS on purchasing one themselves.

NCL is not forcing a pregnant women to buy the UBP

They are enforcing a policy that everyone in the cabin must purchase the UBP

IMHO I think that's ridiculous but I guess they do it so you don't buy drinks for everyone in your party

I did hear thru the grape vine that NCL might change this policy

We just got off the Getaway last week. My fiancee has diabetes and was unable to drink. We were able to get a doctor's note and she did not have to buy the UBP. I was able to get it for myself.

Just get a medical note from your doctor.

I have a question that I tried to search for, but couldn't find an answer to....

My wife and I will be going on a Cruise in September. We just found out she is pregnant. Fortunately we will be in the window to continue with this trip. We were planning on getting the UBP. Obviously now my DW can not drink. Can I get the UBP without her because she is Pregnant, and that will be documented with the Cruiseline to allow her to travel with doctors notes, OR does NCL make you still buy the UBP for a pregnant woman?

6&8

Send an email to the access desk. If they allow it, they will give you a form for your doctor to fill out. As for faking that form, which includes a medical license number, well, any idiot who tries to "fake" that is going to jail ;)

Thank you Dawn for an ACTUAL response....I will give that a try....

6&8

You have received many ACTUAL responses. Maybe not the ones you wanted. Your response to those ACTUAL responses is what is causing the backlash.

We just got off the Getaway last week. My fiancee has diabetes and was unable to drink. We were able to get a doctor's note and she did not have to buy the UBP. I was able to get it for myself.

Just get a medical note from your doctor.

More info would be greatly appreciated. Who did you talk to on the ship and what kind of note was necessary?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

More info would be greatly appreciated. Who did you talk to on the ship and what kind of note was necessary?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I talked to my PCC first, then when I bought the UBP, I talked to the bartenders at the atrium who sold me the UBP. A note from a medical doctor is necessary.

6&8

NBo one is being FORCED to do anything. The husband can CHOOSE to buy the UBO and then will (like everyone else) be CHOOSING to buy it for everyone his party.

We sailed the ncl Sun at Xmas and they allowed a couple a deal that he got the ubp and she who didn't drink the soda package at the soda price. They had no issue, just got the bar manager to sign it off. Also on breakaway the f&b at the meet and greet signed one where the 2nd passenger did not drink - he did take some convincing but agreed it in the end

6&8

NCL doesn't sell the UBP to save you money, rather they sell it to make money for themselves. Just budget your drinks as if you were buying two packages and if you drink it all then you are no worse off then if you'd bought two packages and if you don't drink it all then you've saved money. I'm glad your DW is so understanding, mine wouldn't want me drinking that much when she couldn't join in.