Anyone else getting Curacao replaced with Bonaire?

ferfoodle

Just to show the difference between people and what they enjoy, I would much rather go to Jamaica than Grand Cayman, really don't like St Thomas because of the crowds but I do love Tortola.I like Bonaire better than Curaçao but Curaçao is still a wonderful port. To each their own!

Our Sunshine trip is subject to the change. When I looked at the Bonaire site, just about all I saw was Snorkleing~ Snorkleing~Snorkleing

Please... what is so great about Bonaire? It`s one of the very few islands that we`ve never been to.

Having spent a week on Curacao because we were so impressed after a cruise stop, we spent a week on Bonaire in Jan 2013.Their license plates say DIVERS PARADISE for a reason.The off shore snorkeling is very difficult because most of the beaches are all rocks. However, the drift dive off Klein Bonaire was awesome and where they pick you up was a beautiful sandy beach. If the water is not your thing I would rent a car and just sightsee around this gorgeous island. Seeing flamingos in their natural habitat is a real treat and the salt mountains were amazing. Enjoy your visit!

Received e-mail today on our January 2016 cruise. Changing Curacao to Bonaire. Not into snorkling and that is all i see on Bonaire. :(

I realize that Carnival doesn't have any excursions listed yet and indeed, Bonaire is known for diving/snorkeling; however, research will point that there is more than just "under the sea" activities.

Go to another cruise line who sails there regularly and see what excursions they have:

http://www.princess.com/excursion/exlistfordestination.page?portid=BON&t=C&exType=S

Go to the official tourism bureau:

http://www.tourismbonaire.com/en/

Search Google for "island tours":

http://www.bonairevistatours.com/Island-Tour.html

As for myself, I am a snorkeler and love the change. I also would like to see Curacao, which means I will just have to book another cruise that goes there (Such a pity). ;)

Edited by ferfoodle
grammar

Please... what is so great about Bonaire? It`s one of the very few islands that we`ve never been to.

The diving. If you're not certified, then you probably are missing out. I've heard it's one of the top 10 places on earth to scuba and I can't wait to go there to dive.

The diving. If you're not certified, then you probably are missing out. I've heard it's one of the top 10 places on earth to scuba and I can't wait to go there to dive.

At the risk of being negative...I see Diving, Snorkeling, Diving, Snorkeling,

Diving, Snorkeling (can`t even walk on the "cut your feet up "beaches") Flamingos, butterflies and donkeys.

I Want Curacao

and yes I`m a certified open water diver, but my wife is not and really does not enjoy snorkeling

So for the 3rd tyme-Aside from: Flamingos, butterflies, donkeys ...oh and SALT, what does one do in the B of the ABC`s?

Diving, Snorkeling (can`t even walk on the "cut your feet up "beaches") Flamingos, butterflies and donkeys.

I Want Curacao

and yes I`m a certified open water diver, but my wife is not and really does not enjoy snorkeling

So for the 3rd tyme-Aside from: Flamingos, butterflies, donkeys ...oh and SALT, what does one do in the B of the ABC`s?

I think post 29 gives all the info you need. What exactly are you looking for?

YOU just won the cruise Lotto! You are one lucky cruiser!

Bonaire is so strict about keeping their water clean............the coral reef undamaged..etc.

they forbid most Cruise Ships entry.

It is Paradise. Not the Los Vegas...Honolulu type. It was what Honolulu was before the Developers came in....and NO.The people are NOT poverty stricken. It is Dutch. Not independent. So still gets funding from Holland.

Safe. I envy you.

I Want Curacao

YOU will see Parrots flying over your head. You will be safe. You will see parakeets sitting by a termite nest. .where their babies hatch. Who knew. You will be among educated prosperous people..............who value their Island very highly.

I have been on almost all of the islands and nations in the Caribbean and Western Caribbean. Central America. THIS is the one I would live on for the rest of my life if I won the lotto. .and the Dutch would let me. Immigration...................not encouraged. land Not sold. Only rented.

And No. I don't swim on cruises. I don't dive. I don't snorkel. Prepare to see..........paradise.

YOU will see Parrots flying over your head. You will be safe. You will see parakeets sitting by a termite nest. .where their babies hatch. Who knew. You will be among educated prosperous people..............who value their Island very highly.

I have been on almost all of the islands and nations in the Caribbean and Western Caribbean. Central America. THIS is the one I would live on for the rest of my life if I won the lotto. .and the Dutch would let me. Immigration...................not encouraged. land Not sold. Only rented.

And No. I don't swim on cruises. I don't dive. I don't snorkel. Prepare to see..........paradise.

Makes Kauai sound like a Metropolis.

Well, I booked 1/24/15 Liberty specifically for Curaçao and was disappointed, we are not snorkel or dive people. I contacted Carnival last night to get refund as per their policy on Carnival.com and am being told no refund (booked ES) due to the change being out of their control. I asked if I could switch to another ship visiting Curaçao and was told penalties still apply.

This is my first real conflict with Carnival and don't plan to drop the issue easily.

Well, I booked 1/24/15 Liberty specifically for Curaçao and was disappointed, we are not snorkel or dive people. I contacted Carnival last night to get refund as per their policy on Carnival.com and am being told no refund (booked ES) due to the change being out of their control. I asked if I could switch to another ship visiting Curaçao and was told penalties still apply.

This is my first real conflict with Carnival and don't plan to drop the issue easily.

I'm seeing that Carnival Freedom will also be in port the same day (Jan 28), so that maybe the reason, because we only have 1 mega pier, and the Liberty is to big to go into the channel.

Wow Tree Critter that sucks. So far I have had only good interactions with Carnival customer service, but that is ridiculous. 9 months in advance and you want to change because they changed the port on you...there should be no penalty for this even if it is early saver. You are not getting what you booked. If you can't get anywhere with customer service then next I would try contacting John Heald on his Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are a snorkeler or diver Bonaire is the place ...get a good boat to get there ..ours was too low from the dock very difficult to manoeuver

Che k it out before you purchase ask where it is dockedhow big a boat easy access

klein bonaire is heavenly unbelievable reef and life ...gorgeous ...enjoy

With the recommendation of fellow cruisers next March when we "now" visit Bonaire, I booked into a 1/2 day morning excursion which does go to Klein Bonaire. Looking forward to it with all the things being said about snorkeling there. What is interesting is the excursions for this vendor (they have 2 each day), were "booked" within 36 hours of Carnival notifying us of the change. Sending a BIG THANKS to the folks I'm cruising with that I've met here at CC for providing the info.

Steve

This is why it in important to announce why the change is being made. And I would work right up the corporate ladder to get a refund if a destination port was affected on my itinerary.

This is why it in important to announce why the change is being made. And I would work right up the corporate ladder to get a refund if a destination port was affected on my itinerary.

I really don't think it matters at all. There have been many threads about what Carnival's obligations are contractually (basically offering a cruise, no guarantee of any specific port, regardless of whether a client books a cruise for that specific port or not). I cannot argue with raising it up the ladder, but if their is a concession made on the part of Carnival, it's strictly a good will gesture. Have seen similar things happen on the other major lines as well.

This is exactly what I plan to do, Carnival has been very easy for us to work with in the past and I politely informed the customer service rep to flag my info and let them know of our intentions also. I have a feeling it's just going to be a matter of getting the right person on the phone.

Anyone have Michelle's email addy at their fingertips? I can look it up when I get home after work but will be very prompt with my following up.

Thanks Topo for the info about Freedom in port the same day, this info will come in handy I suspect.

This is exactly what I plan to do, Carnival has been very easy for us to work with in the past and I politely informed the customer service rep to flag my info and let them know of our intentions also. I have a feeling it's just going to be a matter of getting the right person on the phone.

Anyone have Michelle's email addy at their fingertips? I can look it up when I get home after work but will be very prompt with my following up.

Cclsupport@carnival.com