What is the 50% off special?

hollon

I'm going to call at 8 because there's a small price drop on my Jewel cruise, but also because I want them to explain this pricing to me:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2gxl5vo.jpg

Versus what the breakdown of charges shows when I select a cabin type:

http://oi62.tinypic.com/30b1jm0.jpg

Weird. Then again, I'm not so good at math, so maybe this math is just escaping me.

When you choose a particular cabin, a window will come up to the right, click on 'view summary of charges' and you will see how the discount was applied.

I just went through a booking and it looks like the price that was showing initially was the already discounted price for passengers 1-2. So you will not get a discount off of that price.

Thank you! That helped a ton :)

I've gotten through twice this morning on 866-562-7625. Prepare to wait, but I did get through. Took about 5 minutes of hold time at 5:30 this morning, and almost a half hour just now.

And I just switched to an aft balcony and knocked $180 off our total, so SQUEEEE!!! :D:D

I'm going to call at 8 because there's a small price drop on my Jewel cruise, but also because I want them to explain this pricing to me:

Weird. Then again, I'm not so good at math, so maybe this math is just escaping me.

Your first picture shows the price of 1&2 after the discount has been applied.

Your second picture shows the actual breakdown (non-discounted price and how the discount was subtracted, plus fees). It is the same amount.

I don't think they should show the discounted price until the room has been selected. It is confusing people.

Edited by marci22

I am taking my daughter and a friend on a cruise and would like to book connecting cabins for more space and an extra bathroom. Is there any reason I cannot add my husband to the second cabin to get the discount and then he just be a no show? It seems silly to pay more for a solo cabin.

It's the same. The first screen does not include taxes and fees whereas the second screen does.

Just called and got through. Experiencing high call volumes.

You need to select option 4 and then option 3 to get through.

ok..that worked,,I was pressing 4 &2 since I booked online

To the people calling: can't you just book online?

If you want a price adjustment, it should be applicable as long as the sale is going on.

They may decide to raise prices. I would call now. In the fine print it also limited capacity so maybe it is only going to apply to a certain number of cabins per ship.

It's the same. The first screen does not include taxes and fees whereas the second screen does.

Someone else just told me that. But why the difference in the base price before taxes? $1,454 vs. $1,939? Sorry...LOL...maybe I need more coffee. :-)

ETA: Just called to get the price drop on my Jewel sailing. Can't get it. Agent says their price is showing at the higher price that is listed when I did the mock booking, not the slightly lower base price I see on the first screen. So they are jacking up prices to account for the 50% off. Typical.

Edited by shutterbug63

They may decide to raise prices. I would call now. In the fine print it also limited capacity so maybe it is only going to apply to a certain number of cabins per ship.

Well I wouldn't wait a week, but I'm sure if you get through when they're all open at 9am you should be fine.

They are still running the kids sail free promo from March. Adam is on a promo frenzy.

Someone else just told me that. But why the difference in the base price before taxes? $1,454 vs. $1,939? Sorry...LOL...maybe I need more coffee. :-)

The 1454 is the average price per person with the promo. The 1939 is the regular price that they then take 50% off of. It does look confusing as you are not getting the 50% off the first price you see as it is already factored in.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The 1454 is the average price per person with the promo. The 1939 is the regular price that they then take 50% off of. It does look confusing as you are not getting the 50% off the first price you see as it is already factored in.

Yep. Got it now. Thanks. :-)

Well I wouldn't wait a week, but I'm sure if you get through when they're all open at 9am you should be fine.

They are still running the kids sail free promo from March. Adam is on a promo frenzy.

I guess bookings for the long term are down if they are running this and actually having some savings.

Ok

Just got off the phone with RCCL. I saved some dollars on the following cruises:

Vision February 21st 2015 - $531

Jewel April 18th 2015 - $215

Rhap March 13th 2016 - $1680

Only one of my cruises went up during the promotion. My October 2015 Vision TA went from $3457 to $3930. So I left it at the old price

Always good to save $$$$$$. Thank you Royal Caribbean!

Shelton

I was attempting to book online the price range was 524-554 p/p however when I looked at the summary the price for the cruise without taxes and fees was $699. This is bad business. I will not book with this obvious price hike. I was conceding to the fact that the price was already raised, but to allow me to pick my category range and then adjust the price, that ridiculous.

I was attempting to book online the price range was 524-554 p/p however when I looked at the summary the price for the cruise without taxes and fees was $699. This is bad business. I will not book with this obvious price hike. I was conceding to the fact that the price was already raised, but to allow me to pick my category range and then adjust the price, that ridiculous.

If you look at the whole window, you will see that the second person has been discounted, giving you a price of 524-554pp. They are not adjusting the price.

They are showing you the discounted price at the beginning rather than at the end.

699 + 699 = 1398 x .75 (end percent you are paying) = 1048.5 divided by 2 people = 524.25 then add tax and fees.

Edited by marci22

But then you should see a discount off the second passenger of $350.

Unfortunately on the first page they are showing you the average per person price. That average price per person is lower than it was yesterday.

If you look at the whole window, you will see that the second person has been discounted, giving you a price of 524-554pp. They are not adjusting the price.

They are showing you the discounted price at the beginning rather than at the end.

Why does RCI do this to themselves. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for the reps having to explain this. Not to mention customers getting frustrated and not even booking because they don't see the value.

But then you should see a discount off the second passenger of $350.

Unfortunately on the first page they are showing you the average per person price. That average price per person is lower than it was yesterday.

Thanks, but in that case it's really not a sale if the average price per person is more than it was a few days ago. Not for a 4 day cruise.

Thanks, but in that case it's really not a sale if the average price per person is more than it was a few days ago. Not for a 4 day cruise.

Sorry this is confusing. I will round up some numbers by $1 to give an example.

None of this includes taxes which are the same either way.

Two days ago the price was $700pp for a total of $1400.

Today with the sale you look at the price on the website it is $525pp or $1050

When you do a mock booking ,

Person 1 is $700

Person 2 is $700

Discount on person 2 is ($350) select summary of charges to see this.

Total sale price is $1050

They should have left the original prices alone and then showed the discount when you book but they didn't.

Edited by Ourusualbeach