What is the 50% off special?

hollon

I logged into the rccl website and it says 50% 2nd person, when I go to click on it, it says page can't be loaded, has anyone logged in to see what the rules are or certain sailings for the 50% off?

They definitely do run specials like this, the last one was last Sept-October for specific sailing. It showed the March 31 2015 sailing. We had booked a South Pacific cruise on board our October cruise. I had to call to find out why it didn't go thru, and they said it was only for cruises up to a certain date (up to Jan 31st -in tiny print). BUT IT listed the March 31 cruise also. Resolutions got involved, I scanned the flyer and sent it to them.. It was going back and forth, got ugly, I ended up canceling and then resolutions admitted to accept what the flyer said. By then I figured it wasn't mean to be.

The 50% prices are up. Looks like I might save $400 on my summer cruise on the Navigator in a E3 Aft corner. Yey that is a 20% discount. I am calling my TA in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just called too. My Liberty cruise is $800 cheaper for 2 in a cabin as opposed to sailing solo. They said the rate isn't for solo's. I'm going to call C & A tomorrow. If I'm paying the 2 person rate I should be entitled to the discount.

I was also told that if I booked for 2 people and one didn't show up I would be charged the full price the day of the cruise.

I'm just hoping this is an over site like the studio cabins when they were first released.

I just saved $431 on my existing June 2015 booking! :D It is defiantly worth checking into! My cruise didn't spike in price because of this sale. I did have to pay the first fare at current price ($1352 vs the $1229 I booked at a few weeks back) but it still dropped my overall cost so I will take it! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those that asked, it does cover GTY cabins if they are available on your sailing and singles don't get ANY benefit from this (at least on the Australian site). So the total price for 2 people is much lower than the total price for 1 person.

Well, it's hard to do a BOGO when there's only one person in the cabin....

I was wondering why Radiance's HNL - YVR in 2016, just sort or released yesterday, was so expensive. The BOGO turns out to be about $3200pp for a JS , which is the price they've usually come out with. So anybody who really wanted 1100 would book now and then presumably give up any future price drops or have to cancel & rebook.

Just saved $750 on our March 2016 Oasis and was able to upgrade a promenade to a D8 as well. They also just adjusted the price so I was able to retain the OBC I had on each cabin from the NCC I used. The taxes also stayed the same as when I originally booked which was $30pp cheaper than they are now. C&A balcony discounts can also be applied.

Also saved $600 on our Enchantment cruise for March 2015.

Thank you RCI. This is the first time that I did not see the rates rise on my cruises right before.

Too bad they didn't include Anthem.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just saved $4600 on two new bookings and repricing three others.. My residency or senior discounts never total that! The prices were not spiked and were the same as yesterday and we are happy campers! Thank You RCI!!:D

If it's for new bookings only how are they allowing price adjustments?

Not sure about that, but they are allowing it! They didn't question it at all :D

Just saved over $1300 on my previously booked Dubai to Venice cruise, prices had not changed since booking. Retained OBC from NCC. Done very quickly and easily! Thanks RCCL!

I have been pricing a few others, and most haven't been spiked up, a few have, but not many.

Ok so just called on my upcoming adventurer cruise. $1000 savings but my C&A balcony discount could not be applied. The agent couldn't figure it out and sent it to resolutions. He did see the lowered rate I was seeing.

I see that many people were able to price adjust previously booked cruises that used an NCC and did not have to surrender the OBC that comes with it...

Would I be able to book (I have nothing booked at this point) the cruise I want at the discounted price using an NCC and get my OBC without an issue?

I was looking at the 17th Jan 16 Allure cruise departure on the weekend - total cost was $2900 - today it is $2400, so no price increase and a genuine saving.

Having said that, I haven't booked an RCI cruise in many years. Do you feel that this is a good offer, or have RCI had better offers in the last 12 months? My plan was to wait and do an onboard booking on a Celebrity cruise later this year, but if this is a good deal I might just book it in now.

Appreciate any comments from experienced RCI bargain hunter experts ;)

Cheers

Ando

Does anyone know if this offer is available to UK cruisers please? I can't see anything on RCI UK website and the Dubai cruise I was looking at for March 2016 is showing the same price as it did last week.

Does anyone know if this offer is available to UK cruisers please? I can't see anything on RCI UK website and the Dubai cruise I was looking at for March 2016 is showing the same price as it did last week.

It says US and Canada only- sorry

I see that many people were able to price adjust previously booked cruises that used an NCC and did not have to surrender the OBC that comes with it...

Would I be able to book (I have nothing booked at this point) the cruise I want at the discounted price using an NCC and get my OBC without an issue?

Yes I believe so

Yes, but when you are paying the full fare for 2 people, you should be given the same discount.

I agree.

I just checked todays special offer pricing for my Allure TA in October 2015.

For my son and his GF - inside cabin = $1969 total

For me as solo - inside cabin = $2487

When I booked as solo few weeks ago = $2174

Hmm something doesn't quite add up here..oh yea I know, RCCL doesnt really like/want solos :(

It is available in the Australian market too - might be worth a call to the UK office to check?

SCORE! Just had the price adjusted on our 3/8/15 sailing on the Freedom and saved $413.76 on our E2 center hump cabin! We were able to retain our next cruise obc and balcony discount!! :D

Cathy