What is the 50% off special?

hollon

Been watching two Splendour cruises in hopes of doing a B2B out of Venice.

Original price of an inside (7 nights) $799

Current day before 'Big Sale' price $1099

So lets see...2x$799 original price = $1598

$1099 + ($1099/2) 'sale' price = $1648.50

Ummm....yeah, right, sign me up. :rolleyes:

50.00$. .:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The cruise I already booked took a bump last week .. this week it went up about $2 per person ... very odd.

$2 per person is the new USDA cruise passenger/vessel inspection fee.(proposed)

Edited by Coralc

Keep checking your cruises I noticed that one of mine had 3 & 4 sail free again and different cabins were available.

On the same cruise some cabins went up some went down.

Edited by marci22

Keep checking your cruises I noticed that one of mine had 3 & 4 sail free again and different cabins were available.

On the same cruise some cabins went up some went down.

thats why i got my cruise so cheap. which cruises are back to KSF? thnx!!

My E1 on Jewel has gone from $650 to $843 today and port fees have gone up $40 so 50% is almost exactly the same fare we paid. Not much of a sale but if you hadn't looked before it might appear like a deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

so yesterday morning you could book the jewel for march 28 maybe 29 for 560 pp or 1120 for a plat member today it is priced 722 pp so tomorrow that cabin would be 722 plus 361 total 1083 37 $ difference granted something is better than nothing but not much of a sale

Edited by help04me

Just booked my Indy two nights ago. The price is up 40 percent pp today over the advertised price and the senior discount is gone. I'll check it tomorrow but if all things remain the same, with the 50 percent off 2nd passenger it will be almost $200 more than my booking price. Such a deal! :D

sooooo......

What if I put courtesy hold on a cabin ( to hold the price:p)then 2morrow I officially book.....think they would price it out that way:confused:

I was actually just wondering the same thing. I have a courtesy hold that expires tomorrow. Im afraid the "sale" starts tomorrow and the price actually goes up. Does your price lock in on a courtesy hold or will I be charged the "sale" price, that very well might actually be higher.

not sure where to look. all i see is explorer of the sea, that it?

I didn't look at every sailing, but several of the sailings in June and July had cabins that were pricing out kids sail free. You have to look at each sailing and pick cabins so they price out. Then you will see if your 3rd and 4th come up zero.

Do these sales start at midnight or some time later in the morning?

So far my Liberty sailing is the same price I paid.

Do they take calls at midnight?? I was wondering the same thing about when this "sale" would start!

sooooo......

What if I put courtesy hold on a cabin ( to hold the price:p)then 2morrow I officially book.....think they would price it out that way:confused:

I did this.

On the weekend I put a hold on a 13 night Voyager cruise. 3pp in a JS AUD$5500. I was going to let it expire if the sale price was better, and rebook. Today the sale is open in Australia, the new price $6500.:eek:

When I rang reservations they told me I had to pay the full deposit, $1200.00. They told me a FCC would be a $100.00 payment towards the final payment. EXCUSE ME. Even after speaking to their Manager, they would not budge.

I gave up, and paid. I never put a hold on a cruise I don't intend to take, so I don't mind them having my money, BUT I have had it with reservations.

All of my future dealings will be with the LA on board, but I have now booked other cruise lines.:(

So if you book this tomorrow and later on a senior rate comes up, what happens? V.

Sounds like any special rates like Senior or Residency are not combinable, so my guess is you would lose the promo rate if you chose to take the Senior rate.

It appears to me that it is going to more difficult to check for price drops.

The program that I have used will not work with these new parameters.

Also, how often will the special C&A prices change?

Am I making this difficult ? or did RCCL?

Edited by cruzinfourfun

It appears to me that it is going to more difficult to check for price drops.

The program that I have used will not work with these new parameters.

Also, how often will the special C&A prices change?

Am I making this difficult ? or did RCCL?

I suspect that is one of the goals of all the new pricing promos.

For those that asked, it does cover GTY cabins if they are available on your sailing and singles don't get ANY benefit from this (at least on the Australian site). So the total price for 2 people is much lower than the total price for 1 person.

I did this.

On the weekend I put a hold on a 13 night Voyager cruise. 3pp in a JS AUD$5500. I was going to let it expire if the sale price was better, and rebook. Today the sale is open in Australia, the new price $6500.:eek:

When I rang reservations they told me I had to pay the full deposit, $1200.00. They told me a FCC would be a $100.00 payment towards the final payment. EXCUSE ME. Even after speaking to their Manager, they would not budge.

I gave up, and paid. I never put a hold on a cruise I don't intend to take, so I don't mind them having my money, BUT I have had it with reservations.

All of my future dealings will be with the LA on board, but I have now booked other cruise lines.:(

Did they honor your hold price or did you have to pay the new price? I did hear that they won't honor the next cruise certificates unfortunately. I've used all mine up .. not a good thing!!

Yes, they honoured the hold price, $5500. I wouldn't have paid the new price.

I still have FCCs bought under the old system, I thought they would honor those.

:mad:

Aussie Frequent Floaters