What is the 50% off special?

hollon

NICE NICE NICE.

Hi Trainman....don't know if you remember us. We were your "smoking" buddies on the Lido deck every day on the Oasis. You even posted a pic of the four of us in your review for that cruise. Hope all is well with the two of you.

I remember taking and posting the photo. Now I will have to find it to recognize you.

I have several BLOG like threads going in the "Friends of Cruise Critic" section. You can find them at the link below. All about out adventures moving out of the City and living in the Country.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=846

Well now I know why I was on hold for so long this morning ;)

Every now and then I check the prices for my solo 2015 cruise. Today I noticed a price drop and called my online TA. I was put on hold while she called Royal. 25 minutes later she came back on and said they couldn't find the rate. I told her I was looking right at it on the web page (nothing noted about the promo) and she took the cabin category and price and went to call them again.

The TA called me back (I couldn't wait on hold any longer) with the new rate. I did have to change cabins, but that was fine. When I got the confirmation e-mail, it showed the rate as BOGOHO. I knew nothing about this promo. Maybe they didn't see it on the initial call because it was an existing reservation. I just thought it was a regular price drop.

I haven't read the whole thread so please forgive me if this has been posted already but I'm curious if anyone has been able to keep their C&A discount. I upgraded to a JR from a D1 balcony and the guy told me I would be able to keep the discount, but when I looked at the new invoice he sent me I no longer have that $125 discount.

Just wondering if it is worth it for me to call again and question it.

Thanks!

I haven't read the whole thread so please forgive me if this has been posted already but I'm curious if anyone has been able to keep their C&A discount. I upgraded to a JR from a D1 balcony and the guy told me I would be able to keep the discount, but when I looked at the new invoice he sent me I no longer have that $125 discount.

Thanks!

Yes, the 50% off promo is combinable with C&A discounts.

Finally a WOW sale that actually has some WOW.

Just called to check on three existing 2015 bookings to see if they were eligible for the BOGO sale, and between the three we saved $1800 over what we originally booked for. Kept all of the OBC AND the C&A discounts:D:D:D

Read the fine print:

Offer is combinable with standard/full fare rates and Crown & Anchor discounts and benefits.

Offer not combinable with restricted rates (including, but not limited to, seniors, residents, military), Interline, Travel Agent Rates, and Net Rates.

Offer excludes Quantum and Anthem of the Seas and third and higher occupancy guests.

After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer.

Single occupancy also reduced?!

I am a single cruiser. I just checked my two cruises in April 2014 on Allure.

Both are cheaper now I do not see any discounts but the final price is equal to the double occupancy one.

Question for the OP: the fine print on the offer states it's for new bookings only, booked during the 5/1/14-5/31/14 period, but you mention it's for existing bookings also? I'm not sure I understand. :confused:

P.S. I got the email today also.

Edited by joepeka

Read the fine print:

Offer is combinable with standard/full fare rates and Crown & Anchor discounts and benefits.

Offer not combinable with restricted rates (including, but not limited to, seniors, residents, military), Interline, Travel Agent Rates, and Net Rates.

Offer excludes Quantum and Anthem of the Seas and third and higher occupancy guests.

After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer.

Nothing seems unusual with what you highlighted in bold.

I was able to get my solo cruises adjusted for the BOGO special but my Crown and Anchor Balcony discount was prorated - so instead of the 350 - I got 263.

They keep insisting that is how it is done for solos - has any other solos gotten full balcony discounts ?

It's still a great savings.

We are going to be on a group cruise in April 2015 on the Independence. Do you think the TA for the group cruise would be offended if I asked about it? :confused: Like I'm saying she doesn't know how to do her job? I was going to ask, but I don't want to question or offend her. :o I don't know since its a group if we would qualify or not??

Thanks!

Yep, our balcony discount is on the new invoice. Funny thing is, ours is all against my fare, not DH's. DH shows as the second, discounted fare.

Edited by BND