Name on SetSail pass

Sailing NOS next week. Filling out the online check-in form on the RC site. The Guest Info/Reservation section required that I provide our middle names and the form indicates that the names must match our passports. Our passports do include our middle names. However, the SetSail pass does not show the middle names; just our first and last names. Will this be a problem when boarding?

Used to sailing Celebrity and do not recall having to provide our middle names during check-in.

FOr some reason (something I did?) my current passport doesn't include my middle name, yet my best friend's (we applied together) does show hers.

I DO get to the point where I'm filling the online information for my Set Sail pass that they won't let me continue unless I click on "I don't have a middle name" or something like that. I find the same issue on Celebrity. So I click on that so that everything matches my passport. My driver's license has my maiden name instead of my middle name. I'm a mess. :eek:

Your middle name won't be an issue on the ship...it might for airlines, but the ships are more forgiving! I don't HAVE a "middle name"....since I married, I use my maiden name as the "middle".

Edited by cb at sea

I was told the middle name issue is just for security check with passports. My cruise docs and all airlines boarding passes just have my first and last name. I asked about that last time we flew in to cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, enidcruiser. I am the OP. So, when you filled out the check in form, did you include your middle name? If so, did the middle name appear on your setSail pass?

Edited by cruiser9983

If its any consolation, I didn't even have my Check-in docs when I checked in last saturday for the Independence. (oh no!) After a number of hiccups with my printer and waiting too long (they were unavailable the day of sailing) I wasn't able to print anything out. I DID check in a few weeks earlier and fill out all the info. All the attendant needed was my credit card and passport I had entered previously.

The bottom lines is this: The name on your Set Sail Pass has to match the name on whatever form of ID you are using to check in. So, if you are using your passport to check in and your passport doesn't have your middle name, then you don't need to put a middle name on your Set Sail Pass.

The problem is more of a TSA issue. When you book an airline ticket you must book it exactly as the name on your ID. So if your ID has your middle name, include it. But I don't remember my middle name on any cruise ID. It's all in the computer. So fill out your SetSail exactly as your passport. They use this information for TSA and Customs security.

You will have no problem boarding the ship as you simply scan your card and it pops up your photo. This is all done at check in. Once you've checked in and received your seapaass, you'll simply use that for boarding. Some ports do require ID. I always just carry my drivers license with the Seapass.

Edited by papaflamingo

Thank you, enidcruiser. I am the OP. So, when you filled out the check in form, did you include your middle name? If so, did the middle name appear on your setSail pass?

I just printed my set sail pass for my July cruise. My middle name is on my passport. When I filled in the info for my set sail pass I put in my middle name but it does not appear on the set sail pass. This is the same way it has always been for me. I have never had a problem at the port. I hope this helps.

A slightly different topic re the Set Sail Pass - when I printed ours, my husband's just shows his name and space for his signature whereas mine shows my name and space for my signature PLUS details of the credit card we registered earlier and space for signature. However, the credit card is in my husband's name so should I only sign the first part and my husband the credit card part? Surely I don't sign the credit card part when the card is in my husband's name.

Advice would be much appreciated. :)

• 2 months later...
I just printed my set sail pass for my July cruise. My middle name is on my passport. When I filled in the info for my set sail pass I put in my middle name but it does not appear on the set sail pass. This is the same way it has always been for me. I have never had a problem at the port. I hope this helps.

Hello. This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise.

We have the same situation as nyer.

Our middle names are on our passports. I included our middle names during online check-in, but only the first and last name prints on the SetSail Pass.

Will we have a problem at check-in?

Thanks.

B

Hello. This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise.

We have the same situation as nyer.

Our middle names are on our passports. I included our middle names during online check-in, but only the first and last name prints on the SetSail Pass.

Will we have a problem at check-in?

Thanks.

B

No problem, the cruise line only cares about first and last name.

Edited by clarea

I always put our middle names on the set sail when checking in so they match the passport and other ID's. But you should be OK as long as it only missing and not different.

I would also make sure your drivers license and Passport names match.

Name mismatches may keep you from boarding but a missing middle name should not.

I just looked at mind for next week and there's no middle name on it....so it looks like they just don't put it there.

Same for us as above poster.

Always include middle names in online check in, but only first and last names are on Set Sail Pass. Not sure if when we check in, they can see our middle names on screen to compare to our passports. We've never been denied boarding.

Edited by denamo

I always put our middle names on the set sail when checking in so they match the passport and other ID's. But you should be OK as long as it only missing and not different.

I would also make sure your drivers license and Passport names match.

Name mismatches may keep you from boarding but a missing middle name should not.

How do you put your middle name on your set sail?

My TA said that middle names are not important as long as the last name matches. For some reason my passport has first,middle, and two last names(my mother's and father's), so it gets to be really long when i travel, which is every year, sometimes they run out of room lol . But it is not an issue as far as middle names go.