Zuiderdam Live May 6-17 B2B Coastal and Inside Passage

Zuiderdam is back to normal operation this morning.

Self service in Lido and N.L.

HUGE thank you to Captain Turner and his crew for all of the hard work! We are healthy and have enjoyed every minute of our cruises.

Good news. I bet the NL bunch are happy they can let everyone fend for themselves now!! I am glad you are enjoying the crab legs... I am jealous. But I always leave something to try the next time. Enjoy the rest of the vacation.

Brett

Are you saying that the Boat is under Code Red for the Neuro Virus?? We are coming in a couple weeks for the Southbound trip from Anchorage to Vancouver.. i am bringing my 2 yr old. I hope he doesnt catch anything!! :(

Yeah!

We thought the crew was great on our segment as well. I was especially impressed with Captain Turner. So personable and approachable.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise! Watch out for the truffles in the NL. The round white ones can become addictive! :D

The round white truffles are not really chocolate.

White chocolate is really cocoa butter which is not healthy for you.

I love Bloody Mary's and was so happy to see a cart on my first or second Hal cruise...until on our 4th or 5th saw the cart unattended at the Lido pool....more than once....and some guy walks by...bathing suit and flip flops..nothing else and just sticks his hand in the shrimp bowl:eek: I found someone and told them...but no more Bloody Mary cart for me!!

That is terrible!!

But with reading some of the stuff going on on some of the ship, I am not surprised.

The round white truffles are not really chocolate.

White chocolate is really cocoa butter which is not healthy for you.

I would dare say there are many things served on the ship that are not healthy for you. ;)

Glacier Bay today- beautiful calving at Marjorie.

Dinner tonight will be Canaletto- our first. Tonight is Le Cirque in PG- not our favorite.

The sound you are about to hear is the sound of me eating some words i spoke earlier. I know I said I wouldn't give the rude spa staff a penny.....

Then they filled the Hydro Therapy pool....OK $149 for four nights- couldn't say no.

Walked into the pool yesterday afternoon to discover it was not yet up to temperature- Probably about 75 degrees. I would not let it deter me tho.

the Spa person came in and asked how the pool was- I told her it was a bit chilly. She said "It is body temperature"- I replied "Only if I had died 6 hours ago".

She let us know she would report it. Today it is perfect!!

I would dare say there are many things served on the ship that are not healthy for you. ;)

I am looking at an empty bowl on the desk that earlier contained chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies- I was forced to eat them :D

Glacier Bay today- beautiful calving at Marjorie.

Dinner tonight will be Canaletto- our first. Tonight is Le Cirque in PG- not our favorite.

The sound you are about to hear is the sound of me eating some words i spoke earlier. I know I said I wouldn't give the rude spa staff a penny.....

Then they filled the Hydro Therapy pool....OK $149 for four nights- couldn't say no.

Walked into the pool yesterday afternoon to discover it was not yet up to temperature- Probably about 75 degrees. I would not let it deter me tho.

the Spa person came in and asked how the pool was- I told her it was a bit chilly. She said "It is body temperature"- I replied "Only if I had died 6 hours ago".

She let us know she would report it. Today it is perfect!!

Too funny. I'll be anxious to hear what you think of Canaletto.

Too funny. I'll be anxious to hear what you think of Canaletto.

Great service- average food. We did two "small plates" (Prosciutto and Veal)

and two pastas (Shrimp and Artichoke and Penne Sausage).

Ours was a lot of food- even with one pasta I don't know why anyone would want the "Large Plate" entrees.

Small plates were fine. Pasta with shrimp was overcooked and very heavy- Penne with sausage was a bit under cooked and sausage was uneventful and dry.

Triple Tiramisu desert was OK.

I guess OK pretty much sums it up. Still very much a part of The Lido so quite noisy and still kind of feels like eating in The Lido. Likely next time we skip PG on Le Cirque night we will eat in the MDR.

Great service- average food. We did two "small plates" (Prosciutto and Veal)

and two pastas (Shrimp and Artichoke and Penne Sausage).

Ours was a lot of food- even with one pasta I don't know why anyone would want the "Large Plate" entrees.

Small plates were fine. Pasta with shrimp was overcooked and very heavy- Penne with sausage was a bit under cooked and sausage was uneventful and dry.

Triple Tiramisu desert was OK.

I guess OK pretty much sums it up. Still very much a part of The Lido so quite noisy and still kind of feels like eating in The Lido. Likely next time we skip PG on Le Cirque night we will eat in the MDR.

Thx for the report. I wish they would go back to the last menu they had. It was pretty good. This one is a hot mess. It's way to much food. I'm thinking there is a lot of waste. It does tend to be noisy up there and I'm not a lido fan to start with. I can see this menu being gone within the next year.

Great day in Ketchikan- sunny and warm- a rare occurance.

Four ships in today- we were in with Westerdam. We were last ship out at about 6pm.

Dinner in Pinnacle- had to have the King Crab Legs again- so good. No complaints about Pinnacle menu- do miss the lobster but no complaints.

After 10 nights tried pretty much everything once all was fantastic. they had really good sorbets every night- tasted like fresh fruit. Steaks are still outstanding and cooked to perfection. Staff as usual feels like new family- we will miss all of them.

One more sea day to Vancouver. Meeting with FCC tomorrow morning in NL to put a hold on cruise next year- something to look forward to!

Zuiderdam has been wonderful. We did see a tiny touch of the old plumbing "gremlins". Three times when pressing flush button heard quiet gurgling for about 3-4 minutes then a flush. I chalked it up to too many toilets in the immediate area being flushed at once. Other than that toilets flushed every time and A/C and heating has been spot on.

We have given the SBC a good run for its money and no issues. Was afraid with the B2B we'd see problems the first few days of the second leg. Got a copy of our bill today and all was good.

Great day in Ketchikan- sunny and warm- a rare occurance.

Four ships in today- we were in with Westerdam. We were last ship out at about 6pm.

Dinner in Pinnacle- had to have the King Crab Legs again- so good. No complaints about Pinnacle menu- do miss the lobster but no complaints.

After 10 nights tried pretty much everything once all was fantastic. they had really good sorbets every night- tasted like fresh fruit. Steaks are still outstanding and cooked to perfection. Staff as usual feels like new family- we will miss all of them.

One more sea day to Vancouver. Meeting with FCC tomorrow morning in NL to put a hold on cruise next year- something to look forward to!

Zuiderdam has been wonderful. We did see a tiny touch of the old plumbing "gremlins". Three times when pressing flush button heard quiet gurgling for about 3-4 minutes then a flush. I chalked it up to too many toilets in the immediate area being flushed at once. Other than that toilets flushed every time and A/C and heating has been spot on.

We have given the SBC a good run for its money and no issues. Was afraid with the B2B we'd see problems the first few days of the second leg. Got a copy of our bill today and all was good.

good to hear about the PG - glad it was great.

Love the giving the SBC a good run for it's money. Way to go:D

good to hear about the PG - glad it was great.

Love the giving the SBC a good run for it's money. Way to go:D

Pardon my ignorance - what is SBC?

Glad to hear you had a good cruise - the weather has been glorious down here in Vancouver, but due to change later today - just in time for the long weekend.:(

Pardon my ignorance - what is SBC?

Glad to hear you had a good cruise - the weather has been glorious down here in Vancouver' date=' but due to change later today - just in time for the long weekend.:([/quote']

SBC is ship board credit. Also called OBC - On Board Credit. A credit to your account that you get to spend :D

SBC is ship board credit. Also called OBC - On Board Credit. A credit to your account that you get to spend :D

It's short for Signature Beverage Package, in this case. ;)

Edited by POA1

Well we got our disembarkation package this morning.

We bought a transfer package from HAL to Seatac airport. The Ships Services told me our luggage would go directly to the bus, we would be on a HAL bus to Seattle, and would see our luggage next in Seattle.

NOT. Paperwork shows that they put us on Quick Shuttle, we will need to collect our baggage in the terminal and haul it to Quick Shuttle. Quick Shuttle makes several stops between Vancouver and Seattle which means Customs doesn't seal the bus for the border and we add about 1- 1/2 hours to the trip.

I took everything down to the NL and told them this is NOT OK. If we had wanted to take Quick Shuttle we would have booked them for about 30% less than we paid HAL.

We aren't happy....

Well we got our disembarkation package this morning.

We bought a transfer package from HAL to Seatac airport. The Ships Services told me our luggage would go directly to the bus, we would be on a HAL bus to Seattle, and would see our luggage next in Seattle.

NOT. Paperwork shows that they put us on Quick Shuttle, we will need to collect our baggage in the terminal and haul it to Quick Shuttle. Quick Shuttle makes several stops between Vancouver and Seattle which means Customs doesn't seal the bus for the border and we add about 1- 1/2 hours to the trip.

I took everything down to the NL and told them this is NOT OK. If we had wanted to take Quick Shuttle we would have booked them for about 30% less than we paid HAL.

We aren't happy....

Oh dear - and this is a long weekend, so there will likely be a long lineup at the border. Quick Shuttle will be Slow shuttle...:(