Laundry on Odyssey

Mutsi

Hi, please may I ask previous Odyssey cruisers if there is there a Laundromat on this Ship.

I have searched the deck plans with out finding one. Appreciate feedback, thanks.

Mutsi - how strange, I cannot find it either. Others will tell you where it or they are: however, could I recommend the $50 laundry bag (free once a week when you have done a fair number of days on board) where you can stuff quite a lot of items in the bag, and it all comes back beautifully clean and pressed, with any nightwear and undies wrapped in tissue in a basket. Really luxurious. They can wash white trousers much whiter than I can!

Silly me - just spotted them. One each side on deck 5, just aft of the suites.

Thank you "lincslady", you are always a fountain of fabulous information and great tips.

I happily found that so many fellow passengers had free laundry privileges that the machines were often empty! Doing laundry was not the highlight of my cruise, but was never stressful.

Silly me - just spotted them. One each side on deck 5, just aft of the suites.

I will need to do a load of laundry (ick) in June while aboard the Quest. When I go to the Seabourn web site, I can't find the laundry rooms marked on the deck plans for either the Quest or the Odyssey . There is some empty space in the area you refer to - are the laundry rooms located by the chapels? Thanks. :confused:

The launderettes are not marked on the Quest deck plan, that I can see. They ARE clearly identified on deck 5 of the Odyssey plan. What you might think are chapels, marked with a cross, are, in fact, the launderettes. See the key.

I approached the launderette just once on our 2-week Odyssey cruise, thinking it would be a breeze. Instead, there was a huge back-up, with piles of laundry everywhere, some wet, some dry. I would strongly suggest you forget it and go the $50 per bag route. I mean, this is a vacation, right? And you are paying thousands for it. Enjoy every minute.

The Odyssey and Sojourn (and, I presume, the Quest as well) have 2 laundromats on deck 5. Each laundry has 2 washers and driers. On our last cruise on the Sojourn (Buenos Aires-Valparaiso in February 2013), there was a Code Red situation for most of the cruise, so they closed these self-service laundromats and gave everyone free ship's laundry; it was about the only benefit of the Code Red (although the Code Red restrictions were very minor for the passengers).

The "chapels" are the laundry rooms. People pray their clothes will be dry before another guest pulls them out.

Too funny!! I'll make sure not to bring any "holey" underwear.:D

The Odyssey and Sojourn (and, I presume, the Quest as well) have 2 laundromats on deck 5. Each laundry has 2 washers and driers. On our last cruise on the Sojourn (Buenos Aires-Valparaiso in February 2013), there was a Code Red situation for most of the cruise, so they closed these self-service laundromats and gave everyone free ship's laundry; it was about the only benefit of the Code Red (although the Code Red restrictions were very minor for the passengers).

What's a code red?:confused:

If you can afford to cruise with Seabourn then you can afford to use the laundry service which is excellent and good value.

Why anyone would want to waste their time in a launderette whilst on vacation is beyond me.

If you can afford to cruise with Seabourn then you can afford to use the laundry service which is excellent and good value.

Why anyone would want to waste their time in a launderette whilst on vacation is beyond me.

As exercise enthusiasts, we easily amass a laundry bag a day just from our running, cycling and fitness classes. No biggie - and good exercise up and down the few flights of stairs (allows us to skip the stairmaster) -hence, more laundry. Plus, our Lululemons must not go in the dryer that the free service uses.

Edited by Pop-I

Ahhh a whole new form of entertainment on SB

Laundry Wars

Poor Miss W

We braved the laundry and after 2 hours of a wet load at 6pm sitting in a drier no one returned. Assumption was that someone had picked it up from the washer and put in the the drier. Now Miss W would never turn the drier on for another person. What if she was to select the wrong cycle.

So after seeing the clothes sit for 2 hours in the drier she bravely placed them in a basket only to be given a dress down for touching someone else's laundry

Me i put someones Y front on for them 3 times….. only to be dressed down because I had removed the drier clothes and not left it as one load

So,,,,,,, moral is for gym clothes I throw them in the bottom of the shower and use the stomp machine and hang over the tub..

the rest goes in the bag…. 50+ item = bargain

Mr Luxury,

I agree with you - I am quite willing to pay for laundry. But DW doesn't want to spend what she considers exorbitant rates for laundry. (Of course, I generate most of the dirty laundry and do most of the laundry.)

jjs217,

We'd never heard of a Code Red before our Feb 2013 South America on the Sojourn either. Turns out Code Red is what the ship declares when there is an outbreak of a gastro-intestinal virus (including the Norovirus). If enough (I think they said > 10%) of the passengers and/or crew exhibit symptoms, they declare a Code Red. I'm sure for the crew it's a big problem, but for the unaffected passengers on Seabourn, it wasn't a huge deal. Some of the measures taken were: closure of the self-serve laundromats and free ship's laundry instead; no more self service at the buffets - service by ship's staff only; staff did a thorough job of disinfecting tables and chairs in the dining rooms as soon as you got up from a meal; voluntary hand sanitization at the entrances to the ship, dining rooms, and public areas became mandatory; frequent announcements over the PA system admonishing you to frequently wash your hands.

Don

The Legend is a smaller ship, does it also have the $50. laundry treat?

Having sailed on Legend last year I can confirm they definitely do. It helps me relive my youth trying to see how many things I can put into that bag to get the best savings. Silly as it may seem considering the overall cost of the cruise.....but it amuses me :D.

Julie

As exercise enthusiasts, we easily amass a laundry bag a day just from our running, cycling and fitness classes. No biggie - and good exercise up and down the few flights of stairs (allows us to skip the stairmaster) -hence, more laundry. Plus, our Lululemons must not go in the dryer that the free service uses.

Agree with you Pop-I. Stick it in before dinner, take it out later or AM. Love fresh cleaned clothes every day. And I really don't like people touching our delicates.

Agree with you Pop-I. Stick it in before dinner, take it out later or AM. Love fresh cleaned clothes every day. And I really don't like people touching our delicates.

I don't object to $50/day. Just cannot have some things going in the dryer. And Lulus don't do well being dry-cleaned - trust me, I've tried that too.

I can understand the not wanting over dried (like not wanting over cooked fish - especially where there is fresh - or meat, veggies, etc.) but in the case of clothes why not hand wash and hang in the bathroom if you have sensitive items? I agree the "bag" is the way to go unless you have 'special treatment' items. Why spend time in a hot laundry room when you are spending significant $ on a cruise? You could instead be @ the SkyBar! Life is too short to, IMO, worry about clothes, they will survive you. And fit someone else...

Well if you leave them in the machine for an excess of time you can be sure I will put them in a basket if i need a machine and none are available…..:D

Well if you leave them in the machine for an excess of time you can be sure I will put them in a basket if i need a machine and none are available…..:D

As you well should, no one who is reasonable should be thinking they are entitled to live their life no matter the consequence to someone else. (Hello cell phone users who use speaker phone and think the 50 people who can hear your inane conversation where you and the other party show off your little knowledge are some how impressive to those pained by having to hear it) Does not matter If on a cruise, a beach, ski run, amusement park, or the opera there are some who think they are above everyone else and the rules are not for them. That does not mean someone waiting for an X should have to indulge their vanity. So please Mrs W take that out, respectfully, and avail yourself of the washer/dryer because your cruise is exactly as relevant to you as the uncaring other pax.

Astonishing!

Laundry War spills over to Seabourn CC Forum!

The $50 bag is great value and even better when free thanks to the Seabourn Club Benefits. Only venture to the Laundry room to press the odd garment (even that can be fraught....). Do your smalls in the wash basin and hang to dry over the tub (or drape over balloons according to the Lady From Texas).