Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

Agreed.

Although the ride is somewhat smoother, I think they've moved into the "go as fast as we can" mode.

e2b829aa8a478771362e53c72ec16f09.jpg

What's the fastest recorded speed on an Oasis class again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by papcx

How were sea trials? Did they drain the basin to fine tune some things?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They drain it to redo the paint on the hull. Touch up rather, before delivery. Plus it affords them to make and under water adjustments they found necessary given the sea trials.

Has anyone seen pictures of the Solarium inside yet?

I am REALLY curious to know if they fixed the joke of a "puddle" pool in there or if the largest ship in the fleet is still going to have the smallest Solarium pool in the fleet.

Has anyone seen pictures of the Solarium inside yet?

I am REALLY curious to know if they fixed the joke of a "puddle" pool in there or if the largest ship in the fleet is still going to have the smallest Solarium pool in the fleet.

AMEN. My exact feeling about the solarium. such a shame.

On the quantum, in the solarium there was a three level wading type pool. You could not swim in it by any means but it was just a nice area to hang out and sit on the shelf style seat and be wet. But we will all know soon enough!

On the quantum, in the solarium there was a three level wading type pool. You could not swim in it by any means but it was just a nice area to hang out and sit on the shelf style seat and be wet. But we will all know soon enough!

It was until we found a used condom in the skimmer. :eek::D

I didn't see evidence of the slide. Wishful thinking they ditched it. We have the next to last BW cabin on deck 11 and not thrilled with the prospect of having the slide right off our balcony.

Agree. I guess the new slides up top are okay, but I'm not a fan the Ultimate Abyss. IMHO it adds a cheesy feel unbecoming of RCI.

Agree. I guess the new slides up top are okay, but I'm not a fan the Ultimate Abyss. IMHO it adds a cheesy feel unbecoming of RCI.

I get they are targeting a younger demographic, especially families. I'm ok with it, but the Ultimate Abyss is a bit much. Or maybe it's just us not wanting

Our view interrupted by this monstrosity of a slide :rolleyes:

Really? Cheesy? Because flow riders and zip lines scream " class". So does naming a green Ogre Godmother of a vessel.

RCI is doing an excellent job of building ships that appeal to the masses- upscale dining and palatial suites for some, crazy slides and burger joints for others.

I can't wait to try the Abyss.

Really? Cheesy? Because flow riders and zip lines scream " class". So does naming a green Ogre Godmother of a vessel.

RCI is doing an excellent job of building ships that appeal to the masses- upscale dining and palatial suites for some, crazy slides and burger joints for others.

I'm with you! Not everyone wants to get wet while enjoying the fun of a slide. I'm really looking forward to a dry slide:D

I think that statement sums it up. RCCL wants younger cruisers, in addition to the more traditional middle age and older regular travelers. These younger cruisers have the capacity to be life-long customers, for decades to come.

I get they are targeting a younger demographic, especially families. I'm ok with it, but the Ultimate Abyss is a bit much. Or maybe it's just us not wanting

Our view interrupted by this monstrosity of a slide :rolleyes:

But if you really wanted a view, maybe an ocean view balcony would've been more to your liking?

:rolleyes:

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I get they are targeting a younger demographic, especially families. I'm ok with it, but the Ultimate Abyss is a bit much. Or maybe it's just us not wanting Our view interrupted by this monstrosity of a slide :rolleyes:

Does RCCL show the room online as having an obstructed view or partially obstructed view?

Why can't just all the criticisms of the Abyss go away till someone actually sees what the view looks like when they stay in a boardwalk balcony. If people are so concerned about a view,stay in an ocean view balcony.

Edited by NSnewcruiser