Seperate excursions

We have done over 16 cruises. We have never had a conflict on doing excursions. However on our next cruise we do have a conflict. I don't want to do the one she want to do, and she does not want to do the one I want to do. Has any couple had the experience of doing different excursions in a particular port? Our thought is to do separate excursions in this port.

Bill

Not exactly separate excursions, but a friend and I did an excursion in St. Thomas one year and our wives went shopping. We just hooked back up after we returned. We will be doing something similar in a couple of weeks on our Alaska cruise. There are 5 couples. In Victoria the wives are doing Tea at the Empress Hotel. The guys are doing a Pub Crawl. We'll just meet up on the ship.

Not really a big deal. If you both want to do an excursion, do the one you each want and meet up later. You'll likely each make new friends.

All the time!! My husband does not cruise very often so I cruise with my sister. That is REALLY separate excursions!! But even when we are together we often do different port excursions. Its worked for the first 36 years.....

Not often, but yes. One that comes to mind was a helicopter trip to a glacier - no way was I doing it but DH had a great time. See no reason why one person should not be able to do what they want because the other doesn't want to or why someone should be forced to do something the other wants to do.

We do not generally take any excursions, but if we did I can't imagine that we would insist on doing them together if we each wanted to experience something different. It isn't much different than going to different activities on board, which we do fairly often.

Absolutely, do separate excursions if that's what works this time. That is what is great about Cruise Critic. Get on your roll call and maybe you can make friends ahead of time who are on the 2 tours. That way you won't be really going into it alone.

We have done over 16 cruises. We have never had a conflict on doing excursions. However on our next cruise we do have a conflict. I don't want to do the one she want to do, and she does not want to do the one I want to do. Has any couple had the experience of doing different excursions in a particular port? Our thought is to do separate excursions in this port.

Bill

Life is short, do the excursion you each want to do!!!! whomever gets back to the cabin first, can leave a post it note where they can find you upon the others return. i.e. Post it note - 3 p.m. -come find me- up in Solarium.

Yes, did book separate excursions for Quebec. Thanks to everyone for their input, made the decision easy!

Life is short, do the excursion you each want to do!!!! whomever gets back to the cabin first, can leave a post it note where they can find you upon the others return. i.e. Post it note - 3 p.m. -come find me- up in Solarium.

We haven't done it yet, but I would, especially if the H wanted to do something more extreme that I have no interest in. I'd hate to hold him back from something he might never do again. I'd take it as a spa day for me and enjoy the quiet alone time =)

You are going to different countries, different cultures. When I see an excursion that I want to do, I do it, whether or not anyone in my group does.

The two best excursions I ever did were without my other half, the America's Cup Yacht Race in Cozumel and the Segway tour in San Juan.

We have done separate excursions. It has happened a couple of times in all of our cruises, and it worked well for us. On the plus side, each person does what is of interest to him/her, and it gives new things to discuss when you see each other!

Have fun!

We have a conflict every time we head to the Caribbean. Hubby scuba dives, but I don't so he schedules his dive trip and I pick something else. No problems at all. We don't feel the need to be in each other's pockets at home or on vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We don't do it often, but have done it a few times. Normally, rather than split up, we take turns planning the various port activities. First his choice, next port, mine.

Enjoy

M

What is the big deal about doing different excursions? I have gone on an excursion and my DH just stayed at a nearby beach or remained on the ship. To each their own, its just fine.

What would be the concern? Safety, loneliness -- My husband isn't into scuba diving.....so if I want to go on a scuba excursion I just go by myself. I meet other cruisers from my ship at the meeting place and viola, new friends. It would be nice if DH had the same interests as me, but he doesn't.

Just do it, as Nike says!!!!