Oasis of the Seas – a Photographic Study (over 100 ship pictures)

After breakfast, we made our way to the terminal. After a quick check-in and short wait to begin embarkation, this picture still gets me excited!

33203923_zps17221925.jpg

(Side note not ship related: There they are…

DSC07641_zps8444c7dd.jpg

And (fast-forward 7 days), there they aren’t…

DSC08616_zps9ede66f3.jpg

Ask if you have a question about this!)

This isn’t a great pic (I PROMISE there are better ones coming) but it’s that FIRST view of the amazing Royal Promenade

DSC07650_zps24252522.jpg

The tree on the Promenade

DSC08397_zps400a2cd1.jpg

DSC08392_zps6e680c41.jpg

Artwork and design is amazing

DSC08396_zps00f90adb.jpg

DSC08395_zpsd61a97aa.jpg

(Side note not ship related: There they are…

DSC07641_zps8444c7dd.jpg

And (fast-forward 7 days), there they aren’t…

DSC08616_zps9ede66f3.jpg

Ask if you have a question about this!)[/font]

Ugh! Thats depressing!

Having not been on a cruise since 2002, I still looked forward to flying into FLL just to see the smokestacks. Now, I get a chance to go on a cruise in a month, and they're gone! Sad times, indeed.

I'm at work so that's all I can sneak in right now. I'll be back later to post more and respond to your encouraging comments!

great pics, we sailed on her two years ago and will be on the same TA as you in October, really looking forward to the sea days but wish that Hairspray was staying with the ship, not too sure about CATS.

Did you mean to make the album private? We can't see the "over 100 photos".

Thanks for stopping by my thread! If you’re an Oasis fan like I am, I hope the title pulled you in and that my pictures will keep you coming back!

A little background – my parents took me on cruises as a kid. Loved them. Then, when my partner and I adopted two boys of our own about 10 years ago, I wanted them to have that same experience I did. Now that I’m at 40 and they’re older teenagers, they’re burned out on doing stuff with the dads… for now. However, a benefit of having older kids allows me some independence on cruises to have the time to document and photograph my… obsession.

I’ve been obsessed with the Oasis of the Seas since before she was built. In 2008 and 09, as Royal released, bit by bit, details of the ship and its new, innovative features, my eyes were glued to the pictures and videos. I’ve been fascinated by the WOW of Royal Caribbean design. After months of online study, we first had the opportunity to sail her in 2011 and then again in 2013 when these pictures were taken.

There are beautiful pictures of the ship out there on Royal’s site and many others in the awesome Cruise Critic reviews. The CC reviews are AWESOME and contain many useful, helpful details (and also give me my “fix” between cruises)! To help quell my withdrawal from Oasis between journeys, I wanted to capture some of my own pictures from my perspective (as lame and amateur as it may be).

Please note this isn’t a review. I consider it a photographic study. This study is by no means complete. You’ll note several areas/neighborhoods aren’t covered in as much detail as they deserve. As I am sailing the Oasis on her return trip to the States from Europe in October 2014, I hope to continue my study and cover most, if not all, the other areas.

It’s been several months since the cruise, but the pictures and memories remain fresh. I’d like to share with the Cruise Critic community my photographic interpretation of the world’s greatest cruise ship, the Oasis of the Seas.

DSC08173_zpsbb36c223.jpg

Join me?

As I assemble these pics, I realize just how many cool Oasis Royal Promenade locations/bars/shops I missed! :( I guess I'm just going to have to take more in October and keep refreshing this thread!