Celebrity website Not functioning or is it just me?

BCRose

I see you are new to Cruise Critic. welcome, you'll find that ther are posts nearly every weekend from other passengers who can't get parts of the Cekebrity website to function. It seems that they take it down every weekend for maintenance. It would be nice if there was some message to that effect on their homepage, but apparently they don't think that's necessary. Or they don't know how to do it

Welcome to Celebrity................they seem to have been working on that site for months and never seem to get it to work or to at least work without major effort and consternation. I frequently find myself having to call in and trying to resolve issues or make bookings since the website is atrocious.

This is "Modern Luxury" without Modern Communication

Thank-you!

It is working now.

It was strange, not the usual "sorry for the inconvenience the site is down for maintenance.."

Instead I would try and access my reservation was redirected to the contact page... no matter what tab I clicked. LOL. Seems funny now.:rolleyes:

when I log in this morning on the X website, it says I have no cruises scheduled. I did online check in earlier this week and have all my documents but this is disconcerting, to say the least. I'll try later today to see if it shows up. Otherwise I'll be on the phone to Costco. Cruise is in 3 wks.

:eek:

9:12 est

NOT WORKING (in Part! )

We were checking our prices on the gen. part--that went Ok. But under MY CELEBRITY it said we have no booked cruises...are they kidding me?

When we called it was too early--(they open on Sun. at nine), the recording told us we could go to their AWARD WINNING website. hahahahahahahahahaThat's chutzpah..

When we called back at 9 am, the Celeb rep just started laughing and said they could not get into anything either but assured us we were still booked and to try in about an hour.

We are due to book our air and pr-cruise hotel tom. so hopefully we can see our res. on line sometime today!

we were thinking of booking another cruise but will wait til this glitch periiod passes..

Yup: "This is "Modern Luxury" without Modern Communication "

Edited by hcat

A new day a new website issue :p

Two cruises booked including one fully paid, website says we have nothing booked :eek:

Tried to add cruies back and get message saying to try later.

Not worried, have copies of everything and from my experience this issue is nothing new. Seems like every weekend something gets screwed up.

Time to go for a bike ride and grab some brunch. Will check back later in the week.

I am continually amazed that anyone in the Celebrity IT department still has a job! This is an ongoing weekend problem. No one at Celebrity seems to really care that they have (probably) the worst web site in the history of cruising web sites. So sad that they continue to do nothing about it and their "fixes" just seem to make things worse. As everyone has said a gazillion times...thank God the on board experience is the complete opposite of the "site/Miami experience"!! :eek:

Celebrity monitors these boards and often comments. Why are they not commenting on this ongoing problem. It is not very comforting when you have a fully paid booking and the web site says you have none.

They need to be building a new website from scratch and migrate there once it is functional. The current one has too many disjointed parts and has to be a nightmare to update. No different than many other websites. The volume must be huge as well. High volume can cause instability. Fix the damn thing!

Edited by LilMsFoodie

SNAFU

All is normal at the IT department.

Oops

Sorry, we cannot process your request at the moment. Please try again later.

Start Over

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

We're Sorry

Site under maintenance

We apologize for the inconvenience

In an effort to better serve you, we are currently making enhancements to our site. We appreciate your patience during this time, and encourage you to return here shortly.

"We're Sorry

Site under maintenance

um.jpg

We apologize for the inconvenience

In an effort to better serve you, we are currently making enhancements to our site. We appreciate your patience during this time, and encourage you to return here shortly."

just as I was putting a cabin on hold

Seems to be working ok now...6:05 est...ok from my tablet...have not tried our home computer But at least our cruises, deposits and fully paid for extras are back...

not a techie but how does data appear and disappear and reappear due to maint or upgrading?

Hey...give them a go

There are presently 5 jobs advertised for the IT Dept.

Maybe they'll get lucky!

U.S. Job Opportunities

5 Jobs Found

Title

Department

Information Security Manager

IT-Operations

Senior Software Engineer

IT Software Engineering

IT Compliance Engineer

IT-Operations

IT Business Analyst