Royal Carribean Online Reservation System the worst

Word to the wise...

The new online reservation system is terrible. Phantom reservations are created.....but dont exist.

Good luck in making a dinner reservation...takes hours and they cant modify a date or time.

Reservation has to be canceled...thus crediting the credit card...and starting a new reservation and credit card charged again.

Even worse if your linking two reservations.

Even Royal Carribbean agents are frustrated.

There's got to be a better way..

Help!!!!!!

yes sucks, not sure how it could be worse than the old one, but they pulled it off. lol you cant even actually see what package or reservations you have unless you go back into the planner and see the order history.

i think ill just book the restaurants on board and save some agro.

I dont know but their whole online system thing is horrible. I booked a cruise while on board for my first time. So when i got home i checked it out and everything was fine. Then a few days later I logged in to see if i went from Gold to Platium and it did so i clicked on my reservation and my BOGO disappereed and showed i owed 650$ more than i did last time.

They said it was cause i looked at an excursion is while it took away my bogo credit.

I was like seriously. then another girl told me was cause my C&A status changed. I dont think anyone knows what is going on

Edited by trev71

I dont know but their whole online system thing is horrible. I booked a cruise while on board for my first time. So when i got home i checked it out and everything was fine. Then a few days later I logged in to see if i went from Gold to Platium and it did so i clicked on my reservation and my BOGO disappereed and showed i owed 650$ more than i did last time.

They said it was cause i looked at an excursion is while it took away my bogo credit.

I was like seriously. then another girl told me was cause my C&A status changed. I dont think anyone knows what is doing on

no they dont, and they are probably told to act like it must be you and not the website. as if its working perfectly and this is new to them. lol

Even Royal Carribbean agents are frustrated.

Yes, they are. And I have not been shy telling them how much their website sucks. I don't know how true it is, but I'm told they are working on a new site and hope to have it up by early Fall. Stand by for heavy rolls!

Just called and asked to speak o a supervisor.

Half jour on the phone with an agent who appologizes but cant seem to transfer a call.

They certainly dont understand a customers frustration. They take Credit Card information but dont process the transaction.

Something is really wrong and they just don't care. And their inaction makes it even worse.

I just hanged up in frustration. Good luck to all.

Last weekend all 6 of my future booked reservations disappeared from their system. I did not have all of the Guest invoices so I did not have all of the reservation numbers to try to reconstruct these reservations for an agent to review. Fortunately some of these were in my deleted e-mail folder as Holds that I had placed and later converted to paid reservations. It took a great deal of time to reconstruct.

Spoke to C&A and they went over the reservation numbers and said they were having problems with the system and also did not see any under my account. The next day they all reappeared when I logged on.

I urge everyone to either have copies of all invoices or at least take a screen shot of your booked reservations. This could save you a lot of time and aggravation if your bookings disappear.

Good idea about the screen shots i will try that when I am home for sure.

Also they told me when I do make payments with creditcard on their website, that if i dont make a payment over 500$, dont do it online. to call and they will process it over the phone. They said sometimes their system doesnt process them 100-300$ amounts. They have me somewhat worried about all this non sense.

I have been trying to book an excursion and a drink package for several weeks! It keeps saying my credit card wasn't accepted......THERE'S NOTHING ON THAT CARD!!!

So far I have been lucky that none of my "attempts" have resulted in a charge on my card BUT I'm at the point now where I'm about to forget the whole thing.

Can you imagine how much money RCI could be losing because people either just give up or decide to book private exursions?

Come on RCI......get it together!!!!

I have been trying to book an excursion and a drink package for several weeks! It keeps saying my credit card wasn't accepted......THERE'S NOTHING ON THAT CARD!!!

So far I have been lucky that none of my "attempts" have resulted in a charge on my card BUT I'm at the point now where I'm about to forget the whole thing.

Can you imagine how much money RCI could be losing because people either just give up or decide to book private exursions?

Come on RCI......get it together!!!!

yes exactly i pointed it out how much their IT dept is costing them. some just cancel the cruise and go to the competition too i bet. its a rather expensive vacation for some and it is a little uneasy not knowing your reservation or plans are in tact.

Edited by Harooni

I was like seriously. then another girl told me was cause my C&A status changed. I dont think anyone knows what is going on

I also had a reservation (not BOGOHO) that was paid in full and every time I went into it to do anything it would re-price itself.

As a former IT person, I can't figure out how they can screw up their website this bad. This isn't rocket science anymore - maybe it was 30 years ago, but not now. There is absolutely no excuse for it, especially with the level of sophistication, computerization, and technology on the ships.

Luckily, my worst experiences on the site have been limited to a clunky interface and some conflicting information. Nothing as bad as what you guys are reporting here.

After reading some of the previous posts, I went in to check my booked cruise. Below is what it said I owed:

Purchased on -Mar-2014

Ship Name: Majesty Of The Seas

Departure Port: Miami, Florida

Ports of Call: Miami, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; CocoCay, Bahamas; Key West, Florida; Miami, Florida

2014 Sailing Date: 10 Nov

Stateroom: Superior Ocean View . View Deck 9 **

Total Price*: $8,576.53 USD

Yes, their web-site is messed up for sure.

You should just go through an online TA.

They are much easier...

They are easier, but I like to be able to make reservations, modifications, etc. online without having to call anyone at any time. Used to have no problem doing this until the new system was unveiled :mad:

Just called and asked to speak o a supervisor.

Half jour on the phone with an agent who appologizes but cant seem to transfer a call.

They certainly dont understand a customers frustration. They take Credit Card information but dont process the transaction.

Something is really wrong and they just don't care. And their inaction makes it even worse.

I just hanged up in frustration. Good luck to all.

Wow, 2nd post by you in 11 years. I wonder if that is some kind of record.

Sorry everyone for the off-topic comment. I too am very frustrated with the new reservation system.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Unfortunately the customer support team lies too. After being on the phone this morning for 90 minutes they said they were successful in modifying my reservation and will call me back this afternoon.

No one called me back and now that I can view the reservation screen - they lied again about the reservation modification.

They must be using the same creative team as the affordable care act (Oboma Care)

BRAVO -Royal Carribbean - At least the government got it right.

This is why you use a travel agent. Then, the agent deals with the frustration.

But if there is a price drop, and you cant get ahold of your TA you will miss out on the savings I almost did last time and I said NEVER AGAIN. Plus I booked while on board so I don't have to pay for a while.

A couple of weeks ago, I went into my reservation because when I booked the cruise I forgot to enter the bed configuration. So I clicked Modify and picked the configuration. After saving it, the balance for the cruise increased by over a thousand dollars. When I called, the girl told me it happened because I did a modification. She fixed it and said this happens often. Sheesh, I'm afraid to go in there again.

A couple of weeks ago, I went into my reservation because when I booked the cruise I forgot to enter the bed configuration. So I clicked Modify and picked the configuration. After saving it, the balance for the cruise increased by over a thousand dollars. When I called, the girl told me it happened because I did a modification. She fixed it and said this happens often. Sheesh, I'm afraid to go in there again.

yeah I am going to stay off that site for a while. Since my next cruise was is 300 plus days away.

It has always been a mess. I've been hoping for years they would hire someone from Amazon who could show them how to run a business....

You can select and purchase a basket full of goods from Amazon in no time, but try to select or book a cruise from Royal Caribbean, and it's an exercise in frustration ... Select April 2014, what comes up is November and December. Choose the price listed, select a room, price has now changed....:mad:

I, too, have had nothing but aggravation for the last three weeks. I can't begin to tell you the troubles I have had with their on line system and their either inept or rude customer service reps. this was suppose to be a fun family vacation and has turned into a nightmare.

my question is has anyone asked for or received compensation from royal for their mess up. as one customer rep told me, "there's nothing like going with a new system at the busiest time of the year."

All I want to do is book an excursion and a drink package and so far I have had no luck!

It's funny they don't have a problem accepting your final payment, but cannot help with anything else.

I am beyond aggravated!!!