Shareholders' OBC

hop2it

Yes anyone could have booked the cruise, it was widely advertised. My booking was made through my usual TA and he was amazed that shareholder OBC was not applicable.

I think this is the sort of issue that Hop2it implied in their original post!

I find this quite interesting, since I've been a shareholder since 1988 and have been collecting OBC since the program started (I believe in 2001). I have never been denied credit for any cruise; even the one for only four days.

Yes anyone could have booked the cruise, it was widely advertised. My booking was made through my usual TA and he was amazed that shareholder OBC was not applicable.

Did you actually fax the request to Princess and have it rejected?

I first sent it by 'snail mail' and as I didn't receive a response, phoned Princess who advised that I sent it again. This time I used email and it was rejected at this stage.

Bizarrely my FCC OBC was honoured for this sailing.

All very confusing!

I first sent it by 'snail mail' and as I didn't receive a response, phoned Princess who advised that I sent it again. This time I used email and it was rejected at this stage.

Bizarrely my FCC OBC was honoured for this sailing.

All very confusing!

Princess stopped accepting email requests about a year ago.

Because of the tight time frame involved they advised me to resend my request by email. It was in response to this email that my request for shareholder OBC was rejected.

Perhaps things operate differently in the UK.

Thanks...I wasn't aware that you were in the UK & that the procedure is different. It seems that Princess has three different worlds based in North America, UK and Australia.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 1 month later...

I sent two requests to Booking Support this morning to obtain Shareholder Credit. In less than one hour each had already been posted to my account. You really can't get service any better than this. A big Thank You to Booking Support at Princess for a job well done!:):):):)

I had the same experience today. I faxed both my Shareholder Request and Military Benefit Request and within 30 minutes both were shown on my account.

Great service Princess!

Mike:)

Was this the first time you were doing military? You never have to resubmit military because it stays on your record permanently and is automatically entered on every booking you make.

Was this the first time you were doing military? You never have to resubmit military because it stays on your record permanently and is automatically entered on every booking you make.

Yes, I am aware of that.

I had just never claimed it before.

I think this is the sort of issue that Hop2it implied in their original post!

I imagine it had something to do with the fact that they offered it with a special cruise fare of $99 per person.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how "current" does a current stock statement need to be? We are looking at purchasing the shares but it seems we will only be provided with an annual statement

There are no dumb questions...3 months & I receive monthly statements. This form (not required but informative) answers many questions about SOBC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=317604&d=1403910758

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how "current" does a current stock statement need to be? We are looking at purchasing the shares but it seems we will only be provided with an annual statement

I furnish a quarterly statement and that works. Surely you will get one each quarter.

I have seen people post here that the limit is 90 days. You might give Princess a call.

I am surprised that in this day and age, you get only an annual statement. Do you have online access to your account? A screen print would probably satisfy the requirement.

I have seen people post here that the limit is 90 days. You might give Princess a call.

This is what the Princess SOBC application form states:

"Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date".

Edited by Astro Flyer

Use your brokers statement or record of purchase from the broker.

Something wrong with this. Annual statements totally unacceptable. Don't even tell me why you want to do business with a firm that does that.

Something wrong with this. Annual statements totally unacceptable. Don't even tell me why you want to do business with a firm that does that.
You should be able to go online with your broker and see what your portfolio contains and then print out a copy for Princess. Edited by phantomII

We bought last week and my husband phoned the stockbroker we bought through with our cruise details and they contacted Princess on our behalf. This morning he phoned back to say it was accepted and yes, it is on our cruise personaliser. Simple. Saved filling in a form and finding a fax machine. We were going to send a copy of the buying deal as we didn't have the other items that Princess asks you to send on the form. This was easier.